Who thinks the dollars going to crash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Dec 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the government mandate that folks didn’t have to pay rent or mortgages without the fear of being evicted or losing their homes, eventually that will come to a head with either mass evictions or mortgage defaults creating another home crisis which will affect the market for a while.

We are from the government, and we are here to help.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Paid 29.94 for 6 Pounds of Ground Round last Month, I Think the Butcher shop Employee gave me ground beef prices.
the Price said $5.99 a lb for Round, can't complain. may be 6.99 next time I need.

still have some Angus steaks from my nephew, when one went lame and he Butchered it, and Bear
Just thawed out some Dried Bear meat & fried up a Rare Angus Steak for Dinner today.They have a Contract to sell their Eggs, Their not allowed to Keep any for Free
So I Have to Buy eggs at the Store.

no shortage of meat here yet, though I Did run out of Venison ,
I Have Plenty Pork & Chicken Quarters too.

In Va. you can take 6 deer per season if you include black-powder.And they will issue another 6 tags if you want them:) Problem is....storage :occasion14: 006.JPG three frig/freezers combos can only hold just so much.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Va. you can take 6 deer per season if you include black-powder.And they will issue another 6 tags if you want them:) Problem is....storage :occasion14: View attachment 1906139 three frig/freezers combos can only hold just so much.

Because my Nephews Inlaws have a Farm & Own allot of Farm Fields in their Valley, I Believe their Limit is Higher then most Hunters Also. I don't know what is normal, as I personally don't hunt

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
2 separate topics here? Maybe, but one can probably say that a crash of the dollar will most likely lead to a shtf scenario. BTW, it is not a crash that the dollar is worth 10% of what it was in 1970. That's a 50 year spread. A CRASH is very short termed. Let everyone see that they tomorrow can only purchase 10% of what they could today and then you'll see the problem.

Kanacki, that island sounds like paradise and you're almost there, but there are things you and the people there can't be ready for. Old age, disabilities, sicknesses, accidents, etc. do come to mind right off the top. Weather is another nasty thing that pops some surprises. In spite of all of that, I wouldn't mind being there. Failure on those generators would revert to the use of fossil fuels that would be very limited in supply on the island so IMO you need another possible backup source. It need not be huge like some solar panels, a controller, and an inverter with batteries. You won't be a power station with limitless power as some rationing may be necessary. Many in Texas probably wish they had that recently. I did get the solar stuff for the very reason that Texas recently suffered as the prospoect of freezing due to no power is frightening. I do have a gas furnace, but the motors to push the heat are electric and it won't run without it. You may not need a heat source, but light is very good to have. Don't ever reveal your location here lest you be inundated with people when that time comes.

Last edited:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Add some of these and its surf & turf time :) 008.JPG

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the one Item he Can't Give away :laughing9: at least not to me.
I'm only into Breaded Fish patties once a Year.
I catch my Fish in the Freezer at the Store

index.jpg

I'd eat dog , cat, or horse, before fresh trout or other caught fish :unhappysmiley:
I Hate the Smell of Freshly Caught Live Fish so Much it would be impossible for me to Shake the Thought

Last edited:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the one Item he Can't Give away :laughing9: at least not to me.
I'm only into Breaded Fish patties once a Year.
I catch my Fish in the Freezer at the Store

View attachment 1906145

I'd eat dog , cat, or horse, before fresh trout or other caught fish :unhappysmiley:
I Hate the Smell of Freshly Caught Live Fish so Much it would be impossible for me to Shake the Thought

Never say never these will be breaded fish sticks :) 010.JPG

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Straight Out of the Box ? :tongue3:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Straight out of S.M.Lake :) And tons more where they came from 004.JPG

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The Small Percentage Of The Population To Have Bought Physical Silver!

You Have Just Won...The Lottery!

Lotto.jpg

I am a survivalist who has listened to many of the experts over the years.

Live on my own log home property, my own sewage system, my own deep water well and a lake full of wild life and fish.

Years of stored food, gas, generators, and enough fire power to ward off a platoon of invaders.

The best advice was to purchase Physical Silver...a currency that has survived thousands of years.

With its recent rise in value.... earning me thousands of dollars in value and with the need of this commodity in the building of the Solar Grid...I only see great value in the coming future.

I have seen the great need for countries to have tried to spend their way out of Covid... only to have accumulated huge financial debt...US's 30 trillion or more!

I am of the belief that it will come down to countries defaulting on their capabilities to service this debt and the need for greater taxation applied to their citizens.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday amigos

Good grief too many out there living in caves smoking to much pot seeing illuminate conspiracies doom and gloom everywhere and thinking governments control the light at the end of the tunnel..the reality there have never been anyone controlling the light at the end of tunnel. Life can be tough no doubt but that is life.

While no doubt it is always good to be prepared for disasters. But one should not obsess about it. However its hard not to when bombarded with sky is falling in news everyday feeding people anxieties. Bad news sells better than good news . No one hears of all the good things people do.

One thing amuses me about "survivalists" Why would you want to live anyway? What is the point? After all we are all going to eventually die anyway?

Many years ago when Dali lama was asked what surprises him most about mankind.

'Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”

You can hide away like a hermit from the world and eventually die alone in a concrete bunker or log cabin.Just to exist but never really having a life?

I do not fear death amigos if it comes tomorrow then so be it. Better to live life to the full and enjoy the moment not worry or obsesses over what may or may not happen.

Crow

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gidday amigos

Good grief too many out there living in caves smoking to much pot seeing illuminate conspiracies doom and gloom everywhere and thinking governments control the light at the end of the tunnel..the reality there have never been anyone controlling the light at the end of tunnel. Life can be tough no doubt but that is life.

While no doubt it is always good to be prepared for disasters. But one should not obsess about it. However its hard not to when bombarded with sky is falling in news everyday feeding people anxieties. Bad news sells better than good news . No one hears of all the good things people do.

One thing amuses me about "survivalists" Why would you want to live anyway? What is the point? After all we are all going to eventually die anyway?

'Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”

You can hide away like a hermit from the world and eventually die alone in a concrete bunker or log cabin.Just to exist but never really having a life?

I do not fear death amigos if it comes tomorrow then so be it. Better to live life to the full and enjoy the moment not worry or obsesses of what may or may not happen.

Crow

"One thing amuses me about "survivalists" Why would you want to live anyway? What is the point? After all we are all going to eventually die anyway?"

Do you have a family, kids, grand kids? Don't know about you, but it is my job to ensure my wife, kids and grand kids have a way to survive. You ask what is the point, every one ever in prison camps, concentration camps and death camps could answer that, it is the "will to survive". Why do people endure torture in concentration camps, it is the will to survive, it is the spark of life, it is in all of us including you, if not, why do you even get out of bed in the morning?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please keep in mind this thread is NOT in the politics forum, please keep ALL politics out of the replies, replies with politics will be deleted, we have a politcs forum for those who wish to make political replies..

Last edited:

Luciano321

Feb 26, 2021
Panama, Central America
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden Sabre
Tesoro Sand Shark.......(Out of Order)
Minelab Soveregn GT...(Out of Order too.)
Gemini II (Long ago)
Fisher 1280X (Long ago).
T. Sensor....My first device.
I tried dowsing.
I tri
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When there is a lot of anything, the less it will be worth...The more money that is made out of thin air, the less it will be worth-
Back in the Germany of the 1920's you needed a a billion marks to get a loaf of bread....Money was printed like crazy so money was worth nothing. Right now money is being printed like crazy....The virus is being used to destroy the economy and make people poor.

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
well,instead of living in caves,apartments would of read better....im happy your in a good place...i still need that paycheck so off to work i go

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use to worry about this...not so much anymore....Yes, I do think it's going to go in the toilet. Nothing much that I can do at this point but learn how to adapt and survive! Cut back on costs of things I don't need. Other than that? Not that worried...Just learn as much as you can incase of a crash. There are different approaches and meanings to "Survival".

Phil

Dec 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gidday amigos

I do not fear death amigos if it comes tomorrow then so be it. Better to live life to the full and enjoy the moment not worry or obsesses of what may or may not happen.

Crow

Republics are created for the citizens to thrive. However, in time, citizens forget what it means to struggle, which leads to complacency. Thus, by it's very nature, a Republic is destined to fail. The question I ask is...........Can a Republic survive it's own demise?

I believe it can.

Or stated differently, pain facilitates growth, so I do not see doom and gloom. I see the need for us to fail so we can grow as a nation.

Then again, I am an optimist so...................

Last edited:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
"One thing amuses me about "survivalists" Why would you want to live anyway? What is the point? After all we are all going to eventually die anyway?"

Do you have a family, kids, grand kids? Don't know about you, but it is my job to ensure my wife, kids and grand kids have a way to survive. You ask what is the point, every one ever in prison camps, concentration camps and death camps could answer that, it is the "will to survive". Why do people endure torture in concentration camps, it is the will to survive, it is the spark of life, it is in all of us including you, if not, why do you even get out of bed in the morning?

Gidday amigo

Do you have a family, kids, grand kids? Don't know about you, but it is my job to ensure my wife, kids and grand kids have a way to survive.

Clearly you have a great love for ya family which is much to admired amigo. I love my family even more so as my wife has another child on the way. I became a dad for first time very late in life and enjoy every breathing moment with them I have a son and soon to be daughter in April may. But after a long life I am well aware of mortality and the simple joys of life. If death comes our way then so be it.

After a life time of hard toil, my kids now has the best opportunities in front of them. Until they are adults and can make decisions of their own of course I will worry about them as any parent should. But you cannot live their life for them. They day will come when they will have stand on their own two feet and face the problems of the world just like you I and others have done.

Your job is finished as your kids have grown up and your grand kids are your Kids Job. Ya should be the grandad that has fun with his grand kids and enjoy every living moment. ( I am a little envious of ya became the chances are I will not live that long to see Grandchildren ) But such is life .

Worrying of what may or may not happen in future is recipe for an early grave amigo.

You ask what is the point, every one ever in prison camps, concentration camps and death camps could answer that, it is the "will to survive". Why do people endure torture in concentration camps, it is the will to survive, it is the spark of life, it is in all of us including you, if not, why do you even get out of bed in the morning?

You ask what is the point? Would you really want to live in a world after a Nuclear war? Hell we are probably the same age. Remember class room drills when a Nuclear device detonate remember duck and cover drill. As if it would save your ass. In reality it one flash and your ash.Cold war came and went and perhaps come back again. When that did not happen the end of world brigade in 70s and 80's cried we was doomed for an ice age. When that didn't happen, it was Y2K bug all computers would fail. What happen we are still here. Then we had 2012 apocalypse when the Mayan calendar come to an end . Now have global warming and some young girl with Aspergers telling world leaders we are all doomed. When global warming has not happened they quietly changed it to climate change. I do not think the poor Texans freezing their ass off at present are worrying about global warming.

As for the current assumption of the Dollar crashing and leading to anarchy will go the way of "Peak Oil"

The will to survive is dealing with the situation as it happens. I get up in the morning to enjoy life, sunshine fresh air, birds chattering away enjoying the moment with my family not worrying on what may or may not happen.

Crow

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread