WHO WANTS TO DIVE FOR TREASURE

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
Fishey:
Your either a dentist or you have a key to the office. You make us all jealous.
If I find anything worth a crap to take a close up of, I will give you a call.
Can you hook that to a satellite and get close-ups of the ocean floor?
That’s awesome.
Seahunter: I have a gold detector in a small bone in bridge of my nose. Lets find some good stuff.
Well I wish I did. ;D

Dale

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where'd you find an 8Reale Coin with Chinese Chop Marks?

Best,

Mike

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gollum,
the coin was found on a beach in the sand near the dunes the day after hurricane jeane came to the treasure coast directly in front of the ramada inn in satellite beach.i covered the whole area for 2 miles in either direction an didnt find any other coins,this coin has chiop marks all over it front an back,some sailor must have dropped it or it washed up long ago.as far as me being a dentist or haveing keys to a office,its neither.i have several contracts with dental supply houses all around florida.they give me thier old stuff to do with whatever i want,they all know im in the treasure biz so i just tell them thats what i use it for some of i do sell if i have that item already an mine is newer.i get some interesting stuff thats very usefull,like the camera an xray equipment..anyone need any dental work? i work cheep.i dam near have enough stuff here to set up a dental office.now im just learning.i even do my own dental work to a extent,i even trade dental equipment for dental work from real dentists..i hate dentists.

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FISHEYE
THOSE PHOTOS ARE FANTASTIC. WHEN I FIND THE GOLD I WANT YOU TO TAKE PICTURES OF IT.

DALE
THIS GOLD DETECTOR IN THE BRIDGE OF YOUR NOSE IS SOMETHING I HAVE TO SEE TO BELIEVE. WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO BRING IT DOWN HERE AND SHOW ME WHERE THE GOLD IS ON THIS SHIPWRECK?

SEAHUNTER

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FISHEYE said:
gollum,
the coin was found on a beach in the sand near the dunes the day after hurricane jeane came to the treasure coast directly in front of the ramada inn in satellite beach.i covered the whole area for 2 miles in either direction an didnt find any other coins,this coin has chiop marks all over it front an back,some sailor must have dropped it or it washed up long ago.as far as me being a dentist or haveing keys to a office,its neither.i have several contracts with dental supply houses all around florida.they give me thier old stuff to do with whatever i want,they all know im in the treasure biz so i just tell them thats what i use it for some of i do sell if i have that item already an mine is newer.i get some interesting stuff thats very usefull,like the camera an xray equipment..anyone need any dental work? i work cheep.i dam near have enough stuff here to set up a dental office.now im just learning.i even do my own dental work to a extent,i even trade dental equipment for dental work from real dentists..i hate dentists.

Nice! I see some used Yashica Dental Eye Cameras on ebay. Only problem is, they are 35mm. I am all digital now. I don't own anything analog anymore.

Great find!

Best,

Mike

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
It seems that everyone on this forum is wanting to look for treasure but actually will not get involved with anything they cannot see through clear clean water.
I have a GHOST WRECK that requires Professioanl divers and not WANABEES looking for a thrill. But I am unable to secure a single one and in fact I have not received a single PM asking about this Ghost wreck.
Oh well, I plan to do whatever I can to to locate this wreck.
Peg Leg

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Satellite Beach Ramada Inn is no more, she was torn down last month after being devastated by the hurricanes of 2004.

Peg, once you find the wreck and determin if there is anything of value... Then you may get some responses. This searching for sunken treasure thing is hard lonely work, no one wants to do all the hard work involved in chasing ghosts except for those that believe that it exist. Now! tell them you found a virgin Spanish treasure galleon and you will have a line forming at the dock. On the other hand, if your not entirely honest with you assessment and you get folks working for you under false pretenses and you are just chasing a pipe dream... It's into Davy Jones locker with ya, cause dead men tell no tales.
However, I have never had very much trouble finding folks willing to work for free on the occasional weekend. But hey, that just me.

I just realized that this is Seahunters thread about his operation on the Treasure coast, so let us get back on topic. SEAHUNTER, back to ya my friend.

Good hunting

Tom

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
SeaHunter = Nice boat, clear water, known wreck, site produces treasure frequently, completely legal lease.

PegLeg = No boat, no wreck, no lease, 20 ft. of muddy water, 12 feet of mud, sharks, gators, and low viz. Do the math! ;)

Before you think I'm just busting on you, I've actually talked to Joseph about diving your site. It may very well happen when I'm out your way later this month. Joseph hasn't given up on it, it just has to get in line with everything else. If you've seen his site list, then you know he has at least 5 other sites that anyone would prefer to dive on before your site. Your's may be a gold mine, or it may be shadows in the mud. We found a ship wreck up here on the Red River (not me personally), spent a lot of time digging it out of the mud, recoeverd barrells, and found that they contained salt pork and boots...some treasure that was!

You just have to be realistic, your wreck isn't going anywhere, and I'm one of the ones that truly believes that you do have a wreck, even though much more experienced guys do not. I'm also one of the few willing to get into the murky water with the gators and bull sharks. The conditions alone would disuade most guys even if you knew there were gold bars laying down there. To go into those conditions on a story that only you know is a bit more of a risk than most will take. I wish you well, and maybe we'll wrestle gators together soon.

Seahunter - hows the water?

Jason

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HELLO
THE WEATHER IS TERRIBLE. THE WATER LOOKS DIRTY, BUT ONCE YOU GET DOWN UNDER VISIBILITY IS NOT TOO BAD TO WORK. CAN'T SEE THE BOTTOM FROM THE SURFACE IN FIFTEEN FEET OF WATER. PROBABLY COULD IF THE SUN WOULD COME OUT.THE SEAHUNTER HAS BEEN HAULED OUT FOR SOME MAINTAINANCE WORK ON THE BLOWERS AND AS LUCK WOULD HAVE IT THE STARBOARD ENGINE STARTED TO OVERHEAT ON THE TRIP TO THE YARD. I AM GOING TO PULL BOTH THE HEAT EXCHANGERS AND GO THROUGH THE COOLING SYSTEMS AND WITH ANY LUCK GET IT BACK IN THE WATER IN THE NEXT WEEK. REALLY SHOULD INSTALL KEEL COOLERS THIS WINTER.
SEAHUNTER

Attachments

• Photo_090606_001.jpg
    Photo_090606_001.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 2,154

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
weekend forecast-the swells and NE winds don't make things look promising:

frontal trough over the southeast states will sag south to near the Florida Georgia border and remain stationary through late week. This boundary will gradually dissipate over the weekend as high pressure builds along the East Coast. Coverage of storms is expected to decrease late in the week. Tropical cyclone Florence is forecast to remain east of the waters however increasing east swells can be expected to impact the waters beginning this weekend.

Saturday
Northeast winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 2 feet. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Isolated showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon.

Saturday Night
Northeast winds 10 knots diminishing to around 5 knots in the late evening and overnight. Seas 2 feet. Intracoastal waters mostly smooth. Isolated showers and thunderstorms.

Sunday
Northeast winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 3 to 4 feet in a building east swell. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms.

Monday
Northeast winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet mainly in an east swell. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Man, that is bleak! Looks like Scott picked a good time to work on the boat.

Gdaddy, was reading your other post, and I think you need to add some red meat to your diet, you're looking a bit frail :D

Seahunter, Dad is finally out of ICU and back home...now i just have to catch back up at work and let the bank account recover and i'm on my way...hopefully after the bad weather and before the season ends...

Jason

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Scubaseeker
Pulled the heat exchangers and having them tested. I guess it is better than having it happen when the weather is good. Looking forward to working with you. Don't worry, You have the rest of your life and it will happen when the time is right.
Seahunter

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ahh the voice of sanity...that's no fun :D It'll be next year before i can get out there permanently, but I sure am looking forward to a week down there checking things out and diving with some of you guys. Actually after my last two months I could use a vacation...it always does my mind and body good to spend a little time with the sea.

Good luck with those heat exchangers, I'll be happy to see her back in the water where she belongs, I know you will too. I'm picking up my very own Pulse 8X this weekend, maybe it'll find that gold that's eluding you ;)

Jason

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HELLO SCUBASEEKER
THE SEAS HAVE CALMED DOWN AND THE BLOWERS ARE FIXED, BUT I AM WAITING ON THE HEAT EXCHANGERS. SO NO DIVING THIS WEEKEND. BETTER LUCK NEXT WEEKEND I HOPE. WILL KEEP YOU POSTED.
SEAHUNTER

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Seahunter,

Do you think things are still a go for us on Friday and Saturday?

Robert in SC

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HELLO ROBERT
I HOPE SO. WILL HAVE TO WAIT TIL MONDAY AND SEE WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE COOLING SYSTEM.WITH ANY LUCK IT WILL BE SOMETHING SIMPLE AND WILL BE BACK IN THE WATER TUESDAY OR WEDNESDAY. WITH LUCK THE WEATHER WILL STAY GOOD. I WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED.
SEAHUNTER

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HELLO ROB
THE FOLLOWING IS THE LOCAL WEATHER FORECAST. IT DOES NOT LOOK GOOD FOR THIS WEEKEND. TREASURE HUNTING IS NEVER EASY. THE MECHANIC AT THE YARD SAYS WE SHOULD GET THE HEAT EXCHANGERS BACK TOMORROW. HE WILL LET ME KNOW THURSDAY IF WE CAN GET BACK IN THE WATER FRIDAY. I WOULD SAY FRIDAY IS A NO GO FOR SURE AND ONLY TIME WILL TELL FOR SATURDAY.

COASTAL WATERS FORECAST FOR SOUTH FLORIDA
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
302 PM EDT MON SEP 11 2006

ATLANTIC COASTAL WATERS FROM JUPITER INLET TO OCEAN REEF OUT TO 60
NM AND GULF COASTAL WATERS FROM EAST CAPE SABLE TO CHOKOLOSKEE OUT
20 NM AND CHOKOLOSKEE TO BONITA BEACH OUT 60 NM...INCLUDING THE
WATERS OF BISCAYNE BAY AND LAKE OKEECHOBEE.

AMZ650-670-120245-
/O.ROU.KMFL.MA.F.0000.000000T0000Z-000000T0000Z/
COASTAL WATERS FROM JUPITER INLET TO DEERFIELD BEACH, FL OUT 20 NM-
WATERS FROM JUPITER INLET TO DEERFIELD BEACH, FL EXTENDING FROM
20 NM TO 60 NM-
302 PM EDT MON SEP 11 2006

TONIGHT
NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS BUILDING TO 3 TO 5
FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A MODERATE CHOP. ISOLATED SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS.

TUESDAY
NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET
BUILDING TO 6 TO 8 FEET IN THE AFTERNOON. NORTHEAST SWELL
INCREASING FROM 3 TO 7 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A MODERATE CHOP.
ISOLATED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

TUESDAY NIGHT
EAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS DECREASING TO 5 TO 10 KNOTS
AFTER MIDNIGHT. SEAS 5 TO 7 FEET BUILDING TO 6 TO 8 FEET AFTER
MIDNIGHT. NORTHEAST SWELL 4 TO 8 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A
MODERATE CHOP. ISOLATED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

WEDNESDAY
SOUTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 6 TO 8 FEET.
NORTHEAST SWELL 5 TO 8 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP.
ISOLATED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

WEDNESDAY NIGHT
SOUTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 6 TO 8 FEET.
INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS.

THURSDAY
SOUTH TO SOUTHWEST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 5 TO 7
FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS.

THURSDAY NIGHT
SOUTHWEST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET.
THUNDERSTORMS.

FRIDAY
SOUTHWEST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET.
THUNDERSTORMS IN THE MORNING...THEN NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS IN THE AFTERNOON.

FRIDAY NIGHT
SOUTHWEST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 4 FEET.
INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS
IN THE EVENING...THEN ISOLATED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS AFTER
MIDNIGHT.

SATURDAY
SOUTHWEST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 4 FEET.
INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. ISOLATED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS
IN THE MORNING...THEN NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS IN THE
AFTERNOON.

WISH I HAD BETTER NEWS FOR YOU. LET'S TRY TO RESCHEDULE FOR ANOTHER WEEKEND.
SEAHUNTER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
National Weather Service
Generated 0142 UTC, Tuesday, Sep 12, 2006
Document URL http://weather.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/fmtbltn.pl?file=forecasts/marine/coastal/am/amz650.txt

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HELLO ROB
THOUGHT I WOULD SHOW YOU A PICTURE OF THE OCEAN. STARTING TO GET ROUGH. SUPPOSED TO GET ROUGHER. MECHANIC SAYS WE HAVE TO GET GASKETS AND O-RINGS BEFORE WE CAN PRESSURE TEST THE HEAT EXCHANGERS. DON'T THINK THE "SEAHUNTER" IS GOING TO MAKE IT BACK IN FOR THE WEEKEND.

Attachments

• zoo001t (1).jpg
    zoo001t (1).jpg
    26 KB · Views: 2,023

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread