WHO WANTS TO DIVE FOR TREASURE

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
SEAHUNTER,
I am really surprised that you do not have a boat load of divers ready to go hunting for treasure.
Your rig looks great.
So what if nothing is recovered the fun is in the HUNT and what a better way to spend a few days than diving on a known wreck with the idea that you Might find a Gold Bar or maybe an emerald or two. You never know.
With over 10,000 THers on this forum one would think that you would need a very large ship to carry all the people that would want a chance to do some REAL TREASUE HUNTING.
Best of luck.
Peg Leg

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Scubaseeker,
Here is a little something that I have that may surprise a few people here.
This is what I believe and feel.
The Ghost Ship may be the ship that Billy Bowlegs used in his Pirate ventures. It is in the right location and according to the math it is the right size and shape. Which Billy Bowlegs it belong to is anyones guess until it WORKED NOONE WILL EVERY KNOW FOR SURE
No doubt everyone has take a look at the CRAB TRAP scan but are not able to see what I see. i UNDERSTAND THIS.
But until a person who I met who works with NASA did some computer work on the scan I had my doubts.
He is what he told me.
This is a SHIP.
There is a cannon.
There are 2 manmade objects that appear to be some kind of tie downs for the anchors or front sail rig-not sure what there were used for but the ARE attached to what appears to be a ship railings.
The ship is laying on its side.
The ship is estimated to be about 70' long and 14' wide. There also appears to be a hole in the stern.
NOW all I have to do locate(PINPOINT) this GHOST SHIP.
I will continue searching until I find it or someone else does. The sharks are BLACK TIP SHARKS and not Bull Sharks-big difference.
IT ::) AIN'T OVER TILL THE FAT LADY SINGS. :-\
Sorry SEAHUNTER for invading you space.
Peg Leg

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
According to F.L. Coffman, Billy Bowlegs' ship, the Mysterioso was scuttled in the N.E. corner of Choctawhatchee Bay. Coffman and his partner, Bud Worth found the wreck in 1956 and recovered 54 two pound silver bars and some coins. The Mysterioso was a frigate of 80' in length with 16 cannons.
Here is a side scan image of Peg Leg's ghost ship. This is the same area where he saw the cannons.

Attachments

• shipwreck.jpg
    shipwreck.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 2,038

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Cornelius, I did not take the scans there were done by Salvor 6.
He was going by the CORDS that I had given him.
I went with him this past Friday and was not able to see a thing. I do not believd we were at the same location the orginal scans were taken. I was told that the orginal scan would put the wreck into the saw grass area and we could not go there and we did not even have a mag if we did.
The river keeps changing every time the tide comes in or goes out.
If I have to rent an AIRBOAT then this is what I will do AND then mag the whole area.
I WILL FIND THIS GHOST SHIP SOONER OR LATER.
Peg Leg
Just read salvor 6 posting. Pete there were 5 different Billy Bowlegs. In the beginning there was no frigate but a low caravel type ship that enabled the pirate to hide in shallow water. Until this ship is recovered noone knows what it may be.

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Pete, This NOT the scan I was talking about. The first scan was labled CRAB TRAP. This is the very first scan that showed anything. The scan you are now showing shows NOTHING.
We can continue this DEBATE at another location. This section belong to SEAHUNTER.
Peg Leg

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PEGLEG
I HAVE HAD DOZENS OF PEOPLE CONTACT ME IN REFERENCE TO DIVING AND SEVERAL OF THEM HAVE COME WITH ME. MIKE FROM NORTH CAROLINA CAME SEVERAL MONTHS AGO AND WAS THERE WHEN WE FOUND THE FIRST COIN AND THE AXEHEAD. SCOTTY AND JIMMY FROM RIVIERA CAME AND WE FOUND A COUPLE COINS. MIKE FROM OCALA CAME WITH SCOTTY AND MYSELF AND WE FOUND A COIN AND THEN AGAIN THE FOLLOWING DAY WITH SAM FROM WEST PALM BEACH WHEN WE WERE ONLY ABLE TO STAY OUT FOR HALF AN HOUR DUE TO WEATHER. PETE (SALVOR6) WAS THE MOST RECENT ONE TO DIVE WITH ME AND I AM SURE WE WILL BE DIVING TOGETHER AGAIN SOON. ALL OF THESE PEOPLE I MET THROUGH TNET. EVERYONE WHO HAS COME HAS TAUGHT ME SOMETHING AND ALL OF THEM WERE VERY HELPFUL IN THE ADVENTURE. WOULD NOT HAVE WANTED TO DO IT WITHOUT THEM. EVERY PERSON WHO HAS COME SO FAR HAS BEEN A REAL PLEASURE TO BE WITH. ALL OF THEM ARE WELCOME BACK ANY TIME THEY CAN MAKE IT. I TREASURE THE RELATIONSHIPS AND THE TIMES WE SPENT TOGETHER HAVE CREATED MEMORIES I WILL CHERISH FOREVER. TREASURE IS JUST ICING ON THE CAKE. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE WHO HAVE TRIED OR ARE TRYING TO COME. EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON AND WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT I AM SURE EVERY ONE OF THEM WILL MAKE IT AND WE WILL CREATE RELATIONSHIPS AND MEMORIES THAT WILL LAST LIFETIMES.

SEAHUNTER

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
SEAHUNTER.
Let me try and explain better what I was saying.
With the opportunity to go and dive from your boat and the chance of recovering TREASURE or just for the experience there should be HUNDREDS of interested divers standing in line for the chance.
You have everything available including the Leases and the location AND the BOAT.
You have a CLASS ACT.
Good Luck with finding the TREASURE wherever it may be.
Peg Leg

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
Seahunter:

Sorry to hear about the problems with your boat. I haven’t been on this site to much because my house was hit by lightning. It took out computers, TV’s, phones, cable modems, battery backups and all. Oh ya the A/C also went out and I got a letter from the IRS that said I owed them 13,000 dollars :o. They must think I hit the mother load. Now I defiantly must have some good luck coming after all that.
Think I will have another beer. :P
Good luck with the boat and the hunt. Hope to get down there soon.
HH
Dale

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
With the opportunity to go and dive from your boat and the chance of recovering TREASURE or just for the experience there should be HUNDREDS of interested divers standing in line for the chance.

PegLeg, you don't get to keep what you find, if that were the case SH would need a MUCH bigger boat, all that goes to the state of Florida or a preservation lab.

Much like Dale, I have some good luck due to me as well, I feel for you buddy. I'll gladly share that luck with SeaHunter for the experience I will gain, and for the great time we will undoubtably have. The guys who are truly in it for the experience or the thrill are the ones going with SH, I happen to be one of those, but I don't think there are many thousands of us out there.

See you soon SH, I got my Pulse 8X this weekend and it needs to get wet!!!!

Jason

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HELLO DALE AND JASON
I THINK YOU GUYS NEED TO GET ALL THAT STORED UP GOOD LUCK AND AS SOON AS THE SEAS GO FLAT COME ON DOWN HERE AND HELP ME FIND SOME TREASURE. THAT SHOULD MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER.
JASON YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THAT PULSE 8X. I HAVE THREE OF THEM AND WOULD HAVE TO SAY THEY ARE MY FAVORITE.
DALE AT LEAST THE LIGHTNING DIDN'T GET YOUR METAL DETECTOR.
THERE IS USUALLY A SILVER LINING TO MOST CLOUDS.
LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING AND HUNTING WITH YOU GUYS.
BEST OF LUCK
SEAHUNTER

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
ScubaSeeker,
I understand that so even if I get 25% I feel this will more than pay for the cost with a little left over for those rainy days . I am 69 years old and I do not need the experence and as far as memories are concerned I am loaded with them and have forgotten more than I can recall. What I want to do is sit back and enjoy what time I have left and to secure a future for my family where they will not have to bust their butts like I have had to do for so so many years.
Its like the story of 2 buzzards sitting in a tree. One saying WAIT something will come along and the other saying WAIT HELL I AM GOING TO KILL SOMETHING. ;D
Peg Leg

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WELL THE SEAS MAY NOT BE CALM RIGHT NOW, BUT I CAN SHOW YOU A COUPLE OF PICTURES FROM WHEN THEY WERE. THE FIRST PICTURE IS MIKE FROM NORTH CAROLINA WHO I MET ON TNET AND THE OTHER PICTURE IS MIKE FROM WEST PALM BEACH. BULGARIAN ALSO MADE THE TRIP DOWN BUT THE WEATHER WENT BAD AND THE SEAHUNTER STARTED OVERHEATING SO WE ONLY GOT TO TALK ON THE BOAT. MAYBE NEXT TIME BULGARIAN WILL GET TO DIVE.
SEAHUNTER

Attachments

• MIke on boat 002.jpg
    MIke on boat 002.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,924
  • FIRST FINDS 015.jpg
    FIRST FINDS 015.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 1,907

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Looks like Fun Scott! I've finally got my schedule worked out to some degree of finality.

My plan is to leave Texas via car Thursday night, September 28th and arrive in Florida LATE Friday night. Dive with SeaHunter Saturday and Sunday (Sep. 30th and Oct. 1st). Then I'll spend the week there going to the Fisher museum, meeting with Robert, Darren, Pete, Joseph, Cornelius, and whoever else that wants to have dinner, beers, go beach hunting, tour the Rio Bravo, WHATEVER. That week is completely open, just hoping to meet as many of you guys as possible, and have as much fun and beach hunting as I can stand :D Then I'll dive the following weekend with Scott on the SeaHunter again weather permitting, and head back to Texas that Sunday afternoon/evening.

Sooo, anyone want to join in on those two weekends with SH? Also, who will be around during the weekdays in between? Joseph, I expect to get a tour of the Bravo, if not a day or two at sea on her working with you guys too! I'm up for (just about) anything, but mostly hoping some of you guys can join Scott and I on the SEAHUNTER for one or both of those weekends.

Jason

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Just wondering,
As I looked th the 2nd photo I saw the sand on the beach and what appeared to be a UNATURAL sand dune. It looks like it was bladed into a pile by a dozer or Patrol of some kind.
I did not think this was allowed.
Peg Leg

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PEGLEG
THE GOVERNMENT IS ALLOWED TO DO ANYTHING THEY WANT AND THEY DO IT EVERY YEAR WHEN THEY REPLENISH THE BEACH. BUT THANKS FOR POINTING IT OUT ON THE INTERNET. SURE AM GLAD I DIDN'T DO IT.
SEAHUNTER

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HELLO DR INDIANA
I DON'T RECALL BEN BUT YOU NEVER KNOW.
SO WHERE'S THE GOLD !!!!!! LOL

SEAHUNTER

PS. TRIED YOUR EMAIL A COUPLE TIMES BUT IT WAS RETURNED.

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Seahunter:

That is correct.... Dave Horner did work in your wreck site.....Some of the stuff found in the "Arcangel" was listed in the manifest of the "Capitana" (Ecuador 1654)......
The "Capitana" was salvaged by the Spaniards on many different occasions, maybe the "Arcangel" was involved in one of these salvage operations....

Best,

Chagy......

shellback

Sep 19, 2006
well if you are serious about getting someone that is worthy of such a request then look no further, I am ready and able to help you just give me a e-mail and we can talk I live right there too just twenty min. from jupiter.

[email protected]

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scubaseeker
The weather is looking good as you can see by the picture below. The "SEAHUNTER" is supposed to go back in the water today or tomorrow. If there are no problems with the cooling systems we should be all ready to go this weekend. Can't wait to get back under water. Maybe Salvor6 will come join us. Looking forward to working with you. Will keep you posted about the boat.
Seahunter

Attachments

• zoo001t (1).jpg
    zoo001t (1).jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,753

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The water looks great! I hope the cooling system is in good working order, do keep me posted. I just got back from another adventure, but I should still be able to keep my original schedule...may have to convert some booty into cash :)

Jason

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions