Whos Carrying a Glock While Detecting Va. Beach? Mention on National News.

ShovelNose

Apr 6, 2010
Little River S.C.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who's Carrying a Glock While Detecting Va. Beach? Mention on National News.

"Not that there is anything wrong with it" lol Watching Fox Business News last night and Dagen McDowell mention that she had seen a guy carrying a Glock while he was metal detecting at Va. Beach. He told her it was to protect his gold ring finds. No time frame but seemed to indicated it had been recent. She is pro gun but was still seemed to be shocked to see it on the beach. Sure he has his reasons but I have not felt the need to yet. Has anyone else felt the need to carry at the beach?

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This individual and his movie is the least credible and least scientific source of any found to base ones opinion on when it comes to firearms. The issue is clear, the right to defend ones self and self reliance is fundamental.

Ditto......

Didn't work too well for France either, their police are also unarmed..

Might want to read this as well... I will post link but want discuss it here due to political nature it could involve....
UK Cop: 'There Are Areas We Have To Ask Muslim Leaders' Permission To Patrol'

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• 12573953_214652122214782_1694766616093864500_n.jpg
    12573953_214652122214782_1694766616093864500_n.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 165

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ditto......

Didn't work too well for France either, their police are also unarmed..

Might want to read this as well... I will post link but want discuss it here due to political nature it could involve....
UK Cop: 'There Are Areas We Have To Ask Muslim Leaders' Permission To Patrol'

Just to clarify, not all French police are unarmed.

And I can assure you, the Gendarmerie are most definitely armed.
I think I may have accidentally wandered into one of their training grounds once while out doing some photography of German WW-II bunkers on the Brittany Coast (Bretagne).
They looked at me funny but pretty much left me alone to do my thing.
Which was very welcomed, since my French isn't all that great.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to clarify, not all French police are unarmed.

And I can assure you, the Gendarmerie are most definitely armed.
I think I may have accidentally wandered into one of their training grounds once while out doing some photography of German WW-II bunkers on the Brittany Coast (Bretagne).
They looked at me funny but pretty much left me alone to do my thing.
Which was very welcomed, since my French isn't all that great.
Average French police officers are unarmed....

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks,

Not taking sides here one way or the other.....here's a link relating to firearm deaths on a per capita basis per country.........interesting stats.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

That's a very interesting graphic they have, but a more meaningful list would be "deaths by violent crime" instead of focusing on the object. An incomplete view (as this show) would be like comparing deaths from medicine, without also looking at lives saved by medicine.

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other

I'm swiss and I don't have a gun... I'don't where you've found this :laughing7:

Now comparing Switzerland to Honduras is like comparing the USA and Afghanistan.

With Monaco & Luxemburg, Switzerland is one of the country with the highest income in the world and one of the most safety.

Here police is everywhere (we do pay a lot of taxes) and it is FORBIDDEN to have a gun outside = no permit is possible.

Cncerning France, I live in the french part of Switzerland which is locate at the french border (Geneva): National Police, Gendarmerie (the police for the countryside) and the City police (local police) are ARMED. It is to the responsibility of every mayor to arm or not his local policeman...but those one are only here to give tickets to dog pissing everywhere :laughing7:

Switzerland compared to Nicaragua ..... pfffffffffffffffffffff

Sorry guys but face the reality, you can live in countries VERY SAFELY without HAVING TO CARRY a gun, it just depends of the country and the education received by the citizen. In Europe, countries are relying on their police to protect their citizen, there is no self justice / defense possibility. Trust me you fell more secure.

Switzerland : you can park your car everywhere and...let it open..no need to have a gun to protect youreself !

726801IMG0995.jpg

Last edited:

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Correct its a cultural educational ideological issue not a firearm issue. And yes i carry a Sig P238 or pepper spray when doing my 7 hour night beach hunts only.

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VA beach is a bit sketchy...

I carry also. 642 .38+p iwb.

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So jealous of you guys living in America !

Still stuck in Jersey here.:(

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Finally guys... I "carry" and mine is bigger, longer then yours :headbang:... and I use it more then you do :laughing9:

155238froggunfm.jpg

582364froggunfm2.jpg

Last edited:

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was in Aruba a few months ago. The nights were a cool 95 degrees and the moon was absent. I wasn't sure if I could/I knew I should carry a knife. I did. It was sketchy to say the least. If you've never been to Aruba just think of it as a post card paradise where in actuality it is a desert island populated by poverty and large westernized hotels. Begging for theft. Detecting at night with a 2400.00 detector wasn't to bright. I planned to be there a week. I came home after 2 1/2 days. Beaches were riddled with trash. Pull tabs EVERYWHERE. main point of my post is to be careful. I was n a foreign country and I could of got worked! Self protection is key.
Another local story. I was out at night hunting a local beach. There are clubs nearby. I had 3 drunk college idiots who looked of thuggish behavior. They approached me. I brandished my bowie on my hip and one guy tapped another to look. They looked and they left as fast as they approached. Always be prepared for anything. ..

Redbug

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2016
Columbia, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I normally carry inside the waistband...appendix area for most of my activities. But with metal detecting, you are up and down and bending over a lot. Not good with that type of carry for me. Do you carry mostly in the small of the back instead?

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I NEVER leave home without my COLT. A few years ago me and the dog where on our walk, now in the middle of no where, when a car stopped and asked for directions. I gladly told the two young men what they wanted to know, turned and started to walk away when I heard the door open. I quickly spun around and told them not to get out of the car, they snickered and proceeded to exit the car. At that point my hand went under my coat to retrieve my gun, they quickly realized what I was doing, jumped in the car and left. The incident was reported to our police and knowing me personally their response was the two guys were lucky.

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I normally carry inside the waistband...appendix area for most of my activities. But with metal detecting, you are up and down and bending over a lot. Not good with that type of carry for me. Do you carry mostly in the small of the back instead?

I carry iwb with a Galco leather holster in the small of my back. The 642 being a wheel gun can be a tad bulky due to the cylinder but only when compared to the lcp lc9 and other slim line models.
If you wear a utility rig for your pouch lesche and pointer it will obviously sit further down on your hips allowing full and unfettered access to draw if needed. Along with keeping anything from snagging on it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have multiple carry holsters and several other methods including undershirts with underarm pouches for pistols, under shirt waist belt with snap down, and I sometimes put it in a bag on my waist.......

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
If your paranoid now about carring just wait untill laser guns are introduced. Then things are gonna get hot. Damit Jim

sent from a sending device

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread