Why did Travis Tumlinson Fake the Stone Maps as a Hoax?

Weaversneedle

Jan 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Weaversneedle

Jan 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly what i wrote : " .. there is not a trail " .

Marius, nobody hides a treasure in a miserable place like weaversneedle or that sheer cliff you posted. All of the treasures that have been recovered around here were relatively easy to get to and not buried very deep. These people knew they had to come back and get the treasure and they didn't want to kill themselves doing it

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Exactly what i wrote : " .. there is not a trail " .

Marius,

While there is no trail, there are established routes to climb Weaver's Needle. Having been on the needle, as well as having climbed some of the areas such as those in your pictures, I have some practical knowledge of what I am talking about. There is a trail shown on the Stone Maps that crosses the north end of Black Top and drops down into Needle Canyon. It's not a trail that GE will expose.

Good luck,

Joe

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WN

The sheer cliff that you saw in the picture is only about the half of the trail . The trail ends is a region relatively easy to get the treasure .

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius,

While there is no trail, there are established routes to climb Weaver's Needle. Having been on the needle, as well as having climbed some of the areas such as those in your pictures, I have some practical knowledge of what I am talking about. There is a trail shown on the Stone Maps that crosses the north end of Black Top and drops down into Needle Canyon. It's not a trail that GE will expose.

Good luck,

Joe

The stone trail is not a real trail but an established route with markings ( lugares ) .

Good luck to you too .

OP
OP
Azquester

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius, nobody hides a treasure in a miserable place like weaversneedle or that sheer cliff you posted. All of the treasures that have been recovered around here were relatively easy to get to and not buried very deep. These people knew they had to come back and get the treasure and they didn't want to kill themselves doing it

Not so.

Mike Pickett of the Treasure Hunters University fame found his Treasure high up in a cave and it was from a large boulder that contained a Shadow Map to the Treasure cave. The Treasure was quite substantial. He repelled down from the top of the cliff into the cave depicted in the shadow map rock. That is, if you believe in shadow symbols which all of most certainly do not.

It seems my shadow symbols have made there way onto that other forum as an excuse for mass deletion's of info. People need to wake up a smell the coffee.

Shadows are just another form of writing. And, Cliff Caves another form of Treasure Secretion. Ask Mr Pickett he still does some writing for Lost Treasure Magazine.

PS: Ron Quinn found his Treasure in the Tumacacori Mountains buried 75 feet back in a back filled tunnel. It took them three weeks of daily digging to get in there and find the pile of gold bars.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WN

The author didn't use the stone trail to go to the end point . There are easiest ways to go there . The stone trail was not for the author but for the stranger who really believe and risk his life to go up there .

OP
OP
Azquester

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe

Many went at the top of Weavers Needle and also there is not a trail .
As i wrote, the stone trail is a trail which tests the faith . If follow the trail with no fear , at the end of the trail is the recompense from the Holy Faith .

"This One Foot Path it is Dangerous" so that reeks of rock climbing and cliffs with shear drops of hundreds of feet. It also serves as clue that the measurement's are in feet and the Walkers Trail is monumented with foot abstracts made of stone. One has to look at the abstract of a foot to determine whether it's telling you to go straight, left, right, up, down or around. But, I'm the only one I know of that can do that. Whats really funny is they used the letter "W" for the walkers trail and that can be seen in many mountain ranges with the naked eye.

That's why the feet are not depicted on the stone maps. Because of there importance and the fact we now know the maps were not complete.

Walkers trails are discreet and tend to be in abnormal terrain no one would think of going to. Just ask old Jacob Waltz. He was 18 places!

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill

What tells you this foot ?

44784964.jpg

Is not from the stone trail but somewhere in the Superstitions .

Last edited:

starman 1

Jun 3, 2010
The Way

Hello Joe,

I am putting together a response to your post but that will require a few days since others are involved in all of this. By the way we have always considered you a friend and there are deep regrets over here regarding the missed opportunity in Eldorado Canyon. That was a long time ago but if I remember correctly we had put together a little surprise for you. The four original stone maps.

For the moment I would like to share my notes with you on some of the details of the Stone Map story that has been established by our friends in Texas that was posted at the other site before it went blank. Obviously if any of this has changed perhaps an update would be appropriate or if my notes are inaccurate would welcome any correction you might make.

1.Pegleg Map 1:shows trail to find the original stones within the foothills of the Superstition Mountains.

2.Original Stones: Stones that were found by Travis using Pegleg Map 1. These stones are all white/small and collectively show an extensive trail within the Superstition Mountains. No priest/No horse/No heart insert/No 1847/No Pedro/No Sonora.

3.Ground Map: Enlarged tracing of the Original Stones.

4.Barn Map: Tracing of one of the Original Stone maps.

Now the following seems to be claimed:

Sgtfda Post:

"Joe. I look at the stones as a primitive work of art. Not a treasure map. Travis had a little stone factory going. I look at the ground map as the key".

Given the above and the new insight that the stone maps on the car are different than a later version of the maps, both under the control of Travis, suggests that Travis may very well have copied an original set of maps made by someone else, which in and of themselves may have been altered also. This would tend to support the difficulty folks have had in zeroing in on the ultimate destination of the stone maps, since the fundamental maps are at least two times removed from the maps currently available for the public in say the museum and even then are incomplete.

Perhaps the original story of the discovery of the stone maps is the correct one with the addition of the small stones unless Travis made those.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Starman

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The ground map is the Pegleg map is the trail map.

Well we know the pegleg map isn't quite the same as the trail map. I'm curious as to how the ground map differs from the other two; care to share that?

Weaversneedle

Jan 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we know the pegleg map isn't quite the same as the trail map. I'm curious as to how the ground map differs from the other two; care to share that?

If you hadn't said all those nasty things about his friend maybe he would share, or maybe not

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread