Not open for further replies.

Grizz12

Dec 22, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn’t call you a racist. Just pointed out that you use a symbol of racism and hate as your avatar, and, as such, your opinions are valued less in my estimation.

Kantuck

Didn’t call you a racist. Just pointed out that you use a symbol of racism and hate as your avatar, and, as such, your opinions are valued less in my estimation.

Kantuck

To me, that flag is one of many versions of the American flag. Americans died for that flag.

Personally I'm getting tired of millennial snowflakes whining about how terrible this Country is. If you're not happy here feel free to leave, no one is stopping you.

BTW, letters are not words, they are childish, lazy ways to try and get your point across. if you want to earn a little respect try spelling out each word

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
49er12,

You are correct that more compassion and understanding would go a long way to making the world a better place. I agree with Stringtyer that we should not dwell on the past, but we should not forget it either. Mistakes of the past cannot be changed, so dwelling upon them does no good, but we can learn from them so that they are not repeated, and we should strive to fight against the inequalities and wrongs that are occurring in the present, whether it be through discussion, the democratic process, or, as a last resort, through violence.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Seabees

Jan 3, 2014
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
-Whites & Minelab-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate your opinions, but the whole story isn’t told in truth due to prejudice, u c we kill each other to this day, but the the deep state or government is much better at deceiving us as we talk and sleep, it’s the old saying says, what’s mine is mine and what’s yours is mine, that’s the way the mindset has been regardless of the lousy education system, u c they lie and brainwashed us at the early age, but we say this all couldn’t be true so we question and research and say this wonderful USA we live in is as corrupt as they get, it’s to bad I thought it was about money but it’s power , it affects mankind to the worst degree, shameful

The history lesson I remember, is that "we as Americans" purchase this land fair and square. Unfortunately it came with squatters.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Careful !

You can Discuss "History" but not Present Politics unless you purchase a Charter Membership & Discuss it in the Politics Section.
I'm Not Singling anyone Out. I Just saw this Thread & Have Not Read all the Posts Yet.
Just a reminder. Because I Know how things End up :tongue3:

As for The original question.

I ask Why did certain members of the Cherokee Indian nation,
trade & Sell land they had no clear deed to ?
Why did Certain Members of the Cherokee Indian nation Kill People for
Entering Land they didn't Clearly Have a Clear Deed To.
Why Did certain Members of the Cherokee Indian nation
Try to Speak for the Whole Cherokee Indian nation
then Like Indian Givers Renege ?

When attacked, why Did the Settlers & Prospectors Not have a Right to Fight Back ?

Why is the Phrases "Survival of the Fittest" & "Majority Rule" Proper Phrases for Some,
But racist for Others ?

This applies to All indians, etc. Not just the Cherokee

Last edited:

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Careful !

You can Discuss "History" but not Present Politics unless you purchase a Charter Membership & Discuss it in the Politics Section.
I'm Not Singling anyone Out. I Just saw this Thread & Have Not Read all the Posts Yet.
Just a reminder. Because I Know how things End up :tongue3:

As for The original question.

I ask Why did certain members of the Cherokee Indian nation,
Give & Sell land they had no clear deed to ?
Why did Certain Members of the Cherokee Indian nation Kill People for
Entering Land they didn't Clearly Have a Clear Deed To.
Why Did certain Members of the Cherokee Indian nation
Try to Speak for the Whole Cherokee Indian nation
then Like Indian Givers Renege ?

When attacked, why Did the Settlers & Prospectors Not have a Right to Fight Back ?

Why is the Phrases "Survival of the Fittest" & "Majority Rule" Proper Phrases for Some,
But racist for Others ?

This applies to All indians, etc. Not just the Cherokee

Hi .Historically speaking who trusts traitors and you cannot refer to me as a subject.All Irish and English. Untitled Nobility must be titled as Esquire .TP

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi .Historically speaking who trusts traitors and you cannot refer to me as a subject.All Irish and English. Untitled Nobility must be titled as Esquire .TP

? ? ?

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Duckshot,

I’m not interested in the historic symbology of the “Battle Flag of the Kentucky Army” and I enjoy my blueberries and strawberries mixed together in a bowl.

I’m simply saying that your avatar is being used by a lot of racists and hate groups in the present day, and it widely recognized as a symbol of racism and hatred. If you don’t believe it, then educate yourself. Just Google “Confederate Flag” or “Confederate Battle Flag” and see what populates. Look at the images. See what the Southern Poverty Law Center thinks (they track hate groups in America). Fmr. Gov. Nikki Haley removed it from the South Carolina capital. If it’s not viewed as an offensive or racist symbol, then why would the legislature and Governor do that? I don’t dismiss you or value you less as a person because you use that symbol as your avatar, but your opinions matter less to me because by using that symbol as a way of identifying yourself, I have to assume one of the following:

A. You are not a racist, but you’re ignorant of the fact that many people find your avatar offensive, as it is a widely recognized symbol of racist groups, or you simply don’t care that you’re offending people.

B. You are a racist.

C. You are not a racist, nor are you ignorant of the fact that it’s a widely used symbol of racism and hate. You’re deliberately being offensive for whatever reason.

D. You’re someone who prides oneself in their heritage and doesn’t believe that it is an offensive symbol.

If you fall into category A, then you’re probably ignorant about a lot of things. If you fall into categories B or C, then go get bent yourself. If you fall into category D, you’re mistaken and are the one who needs to get educated.

To be sparkling clear, I’m not dismissing you. If I was, I’d just ignore your posts and move on. I’m just trying to help you see that your avatar is offensive to many people, whether intentional or not. If I was ignorantly waving a swastika as my avatar, I’d want someone to point it out to me, as I harbor no ill will towards Jewish people, black people, gypsies, Muslims, Christians, atheists, Mexicans, Germans, Chinese, or any race or affiliation (certain individuals within affiliations are another matter). I’m not going to join as a Charter Member simply to argue politics with a bunch of strangers. I have enough fun with some of my family members. It’s another reason I don’t do Facebook or Twitter.

Kantuck

Yeah, you are awful presumptuous. One cannot be predjudice without making presumptions now can you?

It's all about the tolerance and the diversity with you youngsters- your kind will not tolerate diversity. You were likely told in school that diversity and tolerance are virtues but in the real live USA we live in that entire concept is a fraud. What you were probably really taught is just how to be a bigot.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I Agree with AARC

Huh ? ? ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kantuck

Kantuckkeean the Confederate Flag has Nothing to Do with Racism.

Like long time respected Statues, Only in Recent Politics has it been accused of being a Symbol of Racism.

IF You wish to Continue this Direction of Discussion,
I suggest you become a Charter Member &
Go to our Politics forum where you can be Straightened out on
Truths
that are being hidden from you by the mainstream media:coffee2:

p.s.
Charter Member Politics is the Only place you can get away with suggesting or Calling a Member a Racist & Not be Warned & or Banned.
Just a Friendly Reminder

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People don't like people who don't like other people.

Follow ? heh.

Yeah ... me either.

:)

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats really scary about todays society is... well sheesh... um........... where the ^#%@ do I start.......

heh.

Bah... I haven't had enough coffee. :P

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was another Huh ? ? ? to me.

Please All !
Let's get back on the Proper Subject, Before the Thread gets Locked & Disappears

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kantuckkeean said:

D. You’re someone who prides oneself in their heritage and doesn’t believe that it is an offensive symbol.

If you fall into category A, then you’re probably ignorant about a lot of things. If you fall into categories B or C, then go get bent yourself. If you fall into category D, you’re mistaken and are the one who needs to get educated.

O.k., then you educate me. :dontknow:

Is a Flag or other symbol objectively or subjectivity offensive?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Final Warning !!!!!

The Confederate Flag has Nothing to do with Indians !

Take it to Politics, or take it to PM's

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
444F9BF5-3FAD-4B48-8881-ECA9D52FF032.gif

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Huh ? This thread was locked, but then re-appears ?

I'm a history-tour docent at one CA's 21 missions. Which became the focus lightening-rod of Indian objections during a suggestion that a certain founding missionary was being considered for saint-hood. Unfortunately, he was an "evil white guy", so it generated various marches, objections, and vandalism . Durned us evil male white guys, after all :(

And even though I'm a token Protestant docent there (so I have no "horse in the race"), that set me on a path to sort this out, from an intellectual historical perspective. If anyone wants the resulting article I wrote, on the subject, they are welcome to PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread