Why have number of posts declined recently?

coincrawlin

Sep 13, 2010
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this was mentioned in another thread as well, but I've noticed that the number of posts here have pretty much fallen off a cliff in the last couple weeks.

I'm speculating that it may because of one or a combination of these reasons:

A. Nobody is finding anything worth posting about.
B. Too many unknown new members/Old members are leaving.
C. Don't like the new site since it was changed over.
D. Since silver seems to be drying up, don't want to encourage new people from joining the search.

I'm not saying I support or believe in any of these, just that they may be possibilities. Anybody else feel the same way or have any other possibilities?

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Breezie,

Although it is not possible to get the old software back, they are working on a skin option that will give you an option for it to look more like the old TN. While I imagine it want be identical, it will be an option members can select to have more of a feel of the old TreasureNet....

Thanks to you asking your question, I now also know how to expand the text box ....:thumb_up:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Breezie,

Although it is not possible to get the old software back, they are working on a skin option that will give you an option for it to look more like the old TN. While I imagine it want be identical, it will be an option members can select to have more of a feel of the old TreasureNet....

Thanks to you asking your question, I now also know how to expand the text box ....:thumb_up:

Define skin. Is that simply color? If so, it's just wasting their time because it has nothing to do with that. If it's something more I'm curious to see what they come up with.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't like the lay out takes to long. They tryed to fix what was not broken???

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IP,

I have not had a chance to see the new skin so I can't speak for it, I have worked on website on some other forums in past and the different skins available included the way the options were presented, the same features presented in different ways, it was more than just color, it was color, format and options presented in different shells or "skins" as they were called, but again i have not sen the skin.

Management is trying hard to address members problems, the new format is here to stay, they are trying to tweak it to address members problems and complaints, but in return members need to try to work with us in identifying the the problems that can be addressed, and understand there has to be compromise just like there in is in a merger in business.

The more people explore the format the more they learn, i have learnef features this weekend i didnt know were there.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, it seems like clearing my cookies works now, I tried it earlier and for some reason it didn't work but now it does. Thanks!

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it seems like clearing my cookies works now, I tried it earlier and for some reason it didn't work but now it does. Thanks!

I've noticed if you have a window or tab open to this site and try to clear the cookies for this site that they don't clear.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should allow the chat room to be open to Bronze, silver, gold members, and charter members just like the old TNET. Now, the chat room is only for charter members. I disagree 100%, those who have the time and dedication to this thread to post 1,000+ times should also have the rights to the chat room. This is my 2 wheat cents.
Buff

Just wanted to update you that Bronze and Silver members now have access to chat.

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
I have downloaded Firefox and find the TN site much faster now. I haven't said much at all about the site, but I have been looking and searching, and I have to say that I am liking it more and more. It's like all things, the more you use it the easier it will get. Give it a 'fair crack of the whip' Guys.

M

mikusek

This will be my last visit and post. This site continues to decline(get worse), now there is FORCED processor wasting adverstising.

It has not gotten easier to use, it opens new pages when a link is clicked on, which wastes more processor power.

All the "go along to get along" hype and the "hope and change" promises have done as much good as the Democrats and their communist god obama, which I rate a zilch.

Delete my account, I won't be back, I have deleted my bookmarks. This site is about advertising money and little else now. Forced advertising, what a concept. Like Democrats, they "fixed what wasn't broken" and made a mess. At least the new owners used their own money and that of the charter members, and not the taxpayer, I hope.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This will be my last visit and post. This site continues to decline(get worse), now there is FORCED processor wasting adverstising.

It has not gotten easier to use, it opens new pages when a link is clicked on, which wastes more processor power.

All the "go along to get along" hype and the "hope and change" promises have done as much good as the Democrats and their communist god obama, which I rate a zilch.

Delete my account, I won't be back, I have deleted my bookmarks. This site is about advertising money and little else now. Forced advertising, what a concept. Like Democrats, they "fixed what wasn't broken" and made a mess. At least the new owners used their own money and that of the charter members, and not the taxpayer, I hope.

I just want to reply to this post. This site actually has LESS advertising then the old site, and in addition, runs Google Adsense just like the old site. So there is no "Forced" advertising that wasn't here before.

Secondly, there are a few links that open in a new window because the membership requested it do so.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have been here a total of 2 months......B-Y-E....:wave:

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
I'm not a fan of change but suppose I'll get used to it.
I don't like that i can't go back to the forum thread Coin Roll Hunting from the end of the page like before. I need to scroll all the way back to the top of the page to go back to the forum
I also need spell check.
I dont like that you text is bigger causing more pages to browse through. used to get around 100 post per page now i think its 25.

Mojo

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a fan of change but suppose I'll get used to it.
I don't like that i can't go back to the forum thread Coin Roll Hunting from the end of the page like before. I need to scroll all the way back to the top of the page to go back to the forum
I also need spell check.
I dont like that you text is bigger causing more pages to browse through. used to get around 100 post per page now i think its 25.

Mojo

The old site didn't have spell check either when we took over, it was broken. However, most browsers support spell check built in. IESpell for IE, and Mozilla Firefox and Chrome both have it built in as well.

The big text was something requested by many older members with bad eye sight so once again it's a compromise we have to make.

I will definitely get something added at the bottom of the thread that makes it easier to navigate around and get back to the forum you are reading from as well. Give me a few minutes for that.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
I have to say this though, you guys are doing a pretty good job keeping up with suggestions :thumb_up:

Even though I still don't really like the new layout/software I have to commend you for actively trying to improve the site and adding new features very quickly.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Breezie,

I've answered that question at least 20 times. No, it is not possible to get the old software back.

I also answered your question last time where you mentioned having the reply window so small. You can find it here at post #102: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...iked-old-treasurenet-crap-11.html#post2732052

I don't like the small number of responses per page. I find it difficult to find things but I guess with time I'll adjust. BUT, I also don't like when administrators are rude to long standing, contributing forum members.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not like the small number of responses per page either. Something like 20 or so posts per page would be nice, possibly 30...

an idea: members can choose how many items(in this case, topics or responses) they want per page, kind of like eBay... 10, 25, 50, 100, 200...

Buff

p.s. the chat room is not accessable to me yet, says I do not have permission because I am not a charter member, but thanks for the coorperation and helping to all Tnet moderators, administrators, etc.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't like the small number of responses per page. I find it difficult to find things but I guess with time I'll adjust. BUT, I also don't like when administrators are rude to long standing, contributing forum members.

As Buffalo mentioned you can increase this to show up to 80 replies/posts per page in your Settings / Edit Options page.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your help JohnDroid, I have since changed my settings to 80 posts per page to view. Do you by any chance remember what the display was per page as to posts from before the update? I would love to keep it the same as before, where it may have been 50 or 40 posts per page.
Buff

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your help JohnDroid, I have since changed my settings to 80 posts per page to view. Do you by any chance remember what the display was per page as to posts from before the update? I would love to keep it the same as before, where it may have been 50 or 40 posts per page.
Buff

It was actually 100. However, 80 is the highest we can go on the site now (for a number of reasons).

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buff

Was 100 before. :thumb_up:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions