Why have number of posts declined recently?

coincrawlin

Sep 13, 2010
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this was mentioned in another thread as well, but I've noticed that the number of posts here have pretty much fallen off a cliff in the last couple weeks.

I'm speculating that it may because of one or a combination of these reasons:

A. Nobody is finding anything worth posting about.
B. Too many unknown new members/Old members are leaving.
C. Don't like the new site since it was changed over.
D. Since silver seems to be drying up, don't want to encourage new people from joining the search.

I'm not saying I support or believe in any of these, just that they may be possibilities. Anybody else feel the same way or have any other possibilities?

Upvote 0

funkapotamus

Feb 25, 2012
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't get what the problem is with the new site. I signed up right before the change and I think both sites are easy to work. I haven"t had any problems signing in. (its at the top of the screen like most websites) I like the color setup on the new site, its easier on the eyes, and I think its easier to navigate. It loads up just fine for me to. I think people fear change, and therefore exaggerate the problems they have. I'm not goin anywhere, I like this site and the people that post.

frankendime

Mar 8, 2012
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't get what the problem is with the new site. I signed up right before the change and I think both sites are easy to work. I haven"t had any problems signing in. (its at the top of the screen like most websites) I like the color setup on the new site, its easier on the eyes, and I think its easier to navigate. It loads up just fine for me to. I think people fear change, and therefore exaggerate the problems they have. I'm not goin anywhere, I like this site and the people that post.

+1!

tinman68

Aug 5, 2011
vp il
Primary Interest:
Other
i also have some trouble with some things on this site but its not the end of the world and bashing mods or admins or even the owner of the site raelly does not fix the problems if everybody remembers how it was when you first came to the site and try to make it better it wouldnt take that long to figure this one out but i guess people with 2000 or 3000 posts dont have the time anymore i for one will stick it out because it still has the right idea to get people involved in mding

ps i think the mods and admins r doing a great job trying to work it out so i will thank you for everybody who is still here

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are the reasons? I also applaud you for your quick responding with problems.

It essentially puts a heavy load on the database since it's a ton of queries performed all at once. Once we get the site optimized we might be able to bump it back up to 100. We'll have to gauge the performance over time.

i also have some trouble with some things on this site but its not the end of the world and bashing mods or admins or even the owner of the site raelly does not fix the problems if everybody remembers how it was when you first came to the site and try to make it better it wouldnt take that long to figure this one out but i guess people with 2000 or 3000 posts dont have the time anymore i for one will stick it out because it still has the right idea to get people involved in mding

ps i think the mods and admins r doing a great job trying to work it out so i will thank you for everybody who is still here

Thanks and I agree. Just a little bit of patience. It hasn't quite been two weeks yet but I think we are making good progress.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread