Why Yanks hate Brits!

Slugrusher

Re: Why Yanks hate Brit's!

stefen said:
Dano Sverige said:
Not only do we have Roman hoard's,Viking hoard's,Celtic,Anglo saxon and lots of other hoard's...we now have American Gold hoard's!!!
Ever feel you're digging in the wrong place? :headbang: :hello2: :hello:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11572833

What your saying is that the Brit's are hoards :laughing7:

Shawn, The Brits didn't get where they are today by being fair mate...Its because the Yanks kicked some serious a$$ a few years back during colonial days :laughing7:

Ditto. You're where you are because we kicked your rear ends out of here.

Now on a more serious note.

That game of Crickett, wow...that is one way to kill time. What a wild googely? EDIT ============>"That's a Wicked Googley"

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp

Slugrusher said:
stefen said:
Dano Sverige said:
Not only do we have Roman hoard's,Viking hoard's,Celtic,Anglo saxon and lots of other hoard's...we now have American Gold hoard's!!!

Shawn, The Brits didn't get where they are today by being fair mate...Its because the Yanks kicked some serious a$$ a few years back during colonial days :laughing7:

That game of Crickett, wow...that is one way to kill time. What a wild googely?

Yawn ::)

And as for the cricket thing....I think Danno did very well here with his analysis of some of your sports :laughing9:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,328016.0.html

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Slugrusher said:
stefen said:
Dano Sverige said:

That game of Crickett, wow...that is one way to kill time. What a wild googely?
Crickett...can't spell it, and obviously don't understand it either ::)

SS

OP
OP
Dano Sverige

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II

I see the intelligencia have arrived! ::)

For reference: We still ruled half the known world after you "kicked our ar$e$ out",and truth be known,it was basically a small war and a small loss at that time. Not a bad thing really,we could have still been in charge of that total mess you call "home",then we'd really be in the --it like you are now! Thanks for that. :thumbsup:

I don't post a thread often,and i posted this one for a bit of fun about finding lots of American Gold in the UK,while most of you struggle to dig a silver dime. Most know i'll jump at the chance for a fight,but lets just stay on subject for this once eh?

BTW. We Brit's use the word "hate" in a very casual way sometimes and not in it's true sense.This is one of those times.Substitute "envy" or "jealousy" if you like.

S

stefen

Dano Sverige said:
I see the intelligencia have arrived! ::)

i posted this one for a bit of fun about finding lots of American Gold in the UK, while most of you struggle to dig a silver dime.

Your right on, and on the more humorous side, in the U.S., some guys go on about finding a damn F'ing penny or really go orgasmic about finding a silver dime...

The Brits, on the otherhand, find a pot of Roman coins worth millions, and say, Ho Hum, wonder what bigger pot we'll find tomorrow... :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon

Sometimes they find Anglo-Saxon gold pieces by the hundreds.

... probably only weekly mind you.

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used

Saturna said:
Sometimes they find Anglo-Saxon gold pieces by the hundreds.

... probably only weekly mind you.

That's why we're all millionaires :laughing7:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey Dano, old buddy, ol' mate of mine. Shoot me some info on where I go to claim my loot. I just wish I knew the details so I could claim it myself.. I would also venture a guess as to why some hate/dislike the Brits. I think that silly little accent also affects the hearing. Case in point, I once told a Brit co-worker about his being a bit aloof. I guess he thought I said roof and it went over his head. Anyway, the good thing is that all the birds fly upside down over the Midlands. Why :dontknow: Because there's nothing worth pooping on

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!

What?! That does it! I am tired of coming up with zilch here. My family ancestory is fully British, it even indicates so in my last name: "Willoughby" There's a name that should be very familiar to the fellow Brits. I am seriously thinking about going back to my ancient homeland. The treasure leads here suck, the laws suck, the politicians suck, and the dating scene here sucks. I'm outta here!!

Have a pint ready for me boys!

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other

Hey watchit Spartacus :nono: I'm a Midlands gal (I'll have your guts for garters) for saying that. :o ;D

Capn Crunch. Whisper......our beer is refrigerated now so all of those rumours about warm beer over here are all lies, I tell you, lies. :laughing7:
:hello: you luv us really ::)

U.

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!

Unicorn said:
Capn Crunch. Whisper......our beer is refrigerated now so all of those rumours about warm beer over here are all lies, I tell you, lies. :laughing7:

U.

Oh. :icon_thumleft:

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used

spartacus53 said:
Hey Dano, old buddy, ol' mate of mine. Shoot me some info on where I go to claim my loot. I just wish I knew the details so I could claim it myself.. I would also venture a guess as to why some hate/dislike the Brits. I think that silly little accent also affects the hearing. Case in point, I once told a Brit co-worker about his being a bit aloof. I guess he thought I said roof and it went over his head. Anyway, the good thing is that all the birds fly upside down over the Midlands. Why :dontknow: Because there's nothing worth pooping on

I suppose your house is covered with shite, what with having that manly accent and all :laughing9:

OP
OP
Dano Sverige

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II

Lol,Sparty you kill me mate! :laughing9:

To be honest the finds in the UK are getting few and far between. Shaun's only decent find all year was his Roman cavalry ornamental parade helmet,and that was only crummy Bronze and silver,not even gold! Sold for a measly £2 million.Times are hard!

Lucas

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2010
U of A

Americans hate Brits? But most don't even know the difference between English and British. :laughing7:

I am part Brit, but I don't admit it in public... oh, wait... :tongue3:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dano Sverige said:

May be true, but I'll bet we got more hoarders! Take that! :laughing7:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

shaun7 said:
I suppose your house is covered with --deleted--e, what with having that manly accent and all :laughing9:

Nope, the birds know better, especially when they see the string of beaks.

As for the "manly" Yank accent, we opted to go with several of those bad boys throughout the US to keep things interesting. I still have one of "dose" Brooklyn accents. Still used to this day to keep people from understanding what I'm talking about when necessary. The only one's that will understand will be another Brooklynite :tongue3:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dano Sverige said:
Lol,Sparty you kill me mate! :laughing9:

To be honest the finds in the UK are getting few and far between. Shaun's only decent find all year was his Roman cavalry ornamental parade helmet,and that was only crummy Bronze and silver,not even gold! Sold for a measly £2 million.Times are hard!
Your not kidding mate :-\ that bloody measly £3mill I got for the Yorkshire Ballcock hoard went nowere, i'm on my skids...again :laughing7:

SS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread