Will Tesoro Release A New Machine in 2016?

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Picture 89.jpg
The Leader of our Cult has to have an Attitude !

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Tesoro, just spent my Xmas money on a different brand. I didn't see much real world difference between how my Lobo performs compared to the Tejon and Vaquero. Equipped with the same coils, they do about the same.
How do you compare the Cortes with the Tejon, Lobo and Vaquero to locate single coins and for buried treasures?

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Chris R

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm confused I thought tabman was the leader of the Tesoro cult. Lmao

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Rivers rat

Oct 21, 2012
LONDON UK
Detector(s) used
Deus/Laser scout
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The lobo need to be boosted e.g the GB need to be retuned coupled with a 5.75 dd it is very good same for Tejon .....i like the vaq or cibola with the 4X7 ultra light good depth but thats just me :)

RR

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only 12 and half months to go, till the end of this thread.
Question will there be a new Tesoro for 2017?
Ha ha , I said it first!!
Will it have a screen, multi freqs, multi tones, weigh 2 lbs, life time warranty, be advertised HERE first, free samples, air test at 5 feet, wet test at 4 feet on .01 grams of Au, actually tell you your age , bank account balance, wife or girl freinds birthday, come with wireless head phones, tell you when you have a pulltab vs platium ring , who will be the next president, give your kids better grades and increase the size of your ...., all this and more for one low price of $20 but wait if you act now they will throw in another one just for the cost of shipping. No really.....

Last edited:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll take one of those please.

Chris R

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't need it to increase the size of something already huge. 😄 But the other features I'll take.

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm confused I thought tabman was the leader of the Tesoro cult. Lmao

don't get all carried away there Chris or else he will think he is... LOL!!!

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you guys looked into Deeptech machines at all ......like you guys waiting for a new Tesoro we might be old and crippled before it happens so I went this route and I'm glad I did there very similar in design except they will go deeper about the same price range some are 2 tone with iron volume control some are a simple turn on and go plus we now have a warrantee repair facility in the U.S. and I believe Terry you have tried out a couple yourself all coils are now water proof unlike before and the the vista gold new is cheaper than a new cortes so something to think about and the company is always striving to be better with there products they think American or what America use to be!

Rivers rat

Oct 21, 2012
LONDON UK
Detector(s) used
Deus/Laser scout
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I m have been using a vista gold 25khz with a 5" coil and have had a lot of finds with it 2 tones and ferrous audio build quality is not the best but fine for my use

RR

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't need a "new" machine V44, I am very happy with the detectors I have. I went through a lot of brands and models over the last 40-years, and I have discovered that since 1995 or so, no "REAL" improvements have been made in VLF tech. I have a gold nugget VLF and PI, I have a saltwater PI, I have a relic machine and a coin and jewelry machine. The key is learning the machine you have. New finds in old places don't always mean a new machine is better or deeper. It usually just means you missed it the first, second, and 50th time you detected there.

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did a lot of research before buying my first detector. Just happened to come across one of "53silver" video's on youtube. His, Minelab E-Trac vs. Tesoro Vaquero, vid and i watched it and his others on the vaquero. Never heard of Tesoro before that. Because of those vids, I bought the vaquero and am pleased with it. I bet he is not even affiliated with Tesoro. But, a few others and myself were sold on Tesoro because of his video's. I think Tesoro should make some instructional and performance vids of their current machines and put them on youtube. It's free advertising. It's another thing they do not do. Terry has only one on how to ground balance it. Just can't see why Tesoro neglects something like that. I bet Terry would do it for them just for the bragging rights alone. hahaa. What a way to advertise and show off your product. Like what's been said, Tesoro just seems to be asleep in today's world. word of mouth only gets you so far now days...

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Do any of you ever consider that Tesoro may be exactly where they WANT to be? Maybe they don't care to be the "latest/greatest" or biggest?

I was self-employed for half my life. Had half a dozen employees at one time. Know what it got me? Headache. Know how much gross profit I lost after getting rid of them all? None. I made the same working alone, as I did with the added expense/hassles of employees.

Here, I'll settle this. Tesoro will never release a new MD, ever. There, now that's settles, let start complaining about something else. Hangnail anyone?

I find it laughable, as many times as I've mentioned it, that NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON has addressed why they just don't start their own company and show Tesoro how it's done. You no like capitalism Bro?

DannyB1954

Nov 29, 2015
Pahrump, Nv.
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, DFX, V3i. TDI SL
Fischer F-75, F-19, CZ7a Pro.
Garrett Infinium, ATX
Nokta AU Gold, Racer, Simplex, legend
Minelab Explorer SE
Tesoro Lobo ST, Tejon, Compadre
Teknetics Omega 8500
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do any of you ever consider that Tesoro may be exactly where they WANT to be? Maybe they don't care to be the "latest/greatest" or biggest?

I was self-employed for half my life. Had half a dozen employees at one time. Know what it got me? Headache. Know how much gross profit I lost after getting rid of them all? None. I made the same working alone, as I did with the added expense/hassles of employees.

Here, I'll settle this. Tesoro will never release a new MD, ever. There, now that's settles, let start complaining about something else. Hangnail anyone?

I find it laughable, as many times as I've mentioned it, that NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON has addressed why they just don't start their own company and show Tesoro how it's done. You no like capitalism Bro?

So if one doesn't like What Ford is currently offering, they should start their own car company. How about they will just buy Chevy's instead? It is not our job to compete against other companies. That should be Tesoro's job. We don't need to show Tesoro how it is done. There is White's, Fischer, and a dozen others they have been just watching. Maybe there are those who wish Ford would come out with a new product. If they don't, it won't ever be purchased. If Chevy comes out with something they like, it will sell. Nobody is going to start another car company.

Last edited:

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
So if one doesn't like Fords, they should start their own car company. How about they will just buy Chevy's instead? It is not our job to compete against other companies. That should be Tesoro's job.

Nope, they should go buy what they like, and stop whining because a manufacturer didn't build something specifically suited to their special snowflake entitlements. :thumbsup:

LOL, since you edited while I was typing:

Then go buy something manufactured by one of those other companies. Whining isn't going to force Tesoro to push a new model out of their rear ends. I swear, I think some people like to hear themselves complain.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread