Will Tesoro Release A New Machine in 2016?

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't need a "new" machine V44, I am very happy with the detectors I have. I went through a lot of brands and models over the last 40-years, and I have discovered that since 1995 or so, no "REAL" improvements have been made in VLF tech. I have a gold nugget VLF and PI, I have a saltwater PI, I have a relic machine and a coin and jewelry machine. The key is learning the machine you have. New finds in old places don't always mean a new machine is better or deeper. It usually just means you missed it the first, second, and 50th time you detected there.
How true Terry. And by the way let me know when they change radio frequencies into some other kind of frequency. VFL will always be what it is. The MBS machine my wife has still use's VFL to get the job done. You can only process a signal X amount of times, the info will always be what it is. Im glad I started with the Tesoro brand it has given me a much better grasp on what to expect from a metal detector.
As for me I love my Outlaw and tolerate my Xterra 705. Tesoros really do keep it fun and exciting, there is so much friggin information overload in my life its nice to pick up a tool that I can trust to tell me the way it really is, "hey Mr bonehead dig here" and what do you know it's usually something good!

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do any of you ever consider that Tesoro may be exactly where they WANT to be? Maybe they don't care to be the "latest/greatest" or biggest?

I was self-employed for half my life. Had half a dozen employees at one time. Know what it got me? Headache. Know how much gross profit I lost after getting rid of them all? None. I made the same working alone, as I did with the added expense/hassles of employees.

Here, I'll settle this. Tesoro will never release a new MD, ever. There, now that's settles, let start complaining about something else. Hangnail anyone?

I find it laughable, as many times as I've mentioned it, that NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON has addressed why they just don't start their own company and show Tesoro how it's done. You no like capitalism Bro?

Sounds like you did not do something right. I always made more with a few extra guys. Some just are not cut out to be in business for themselves I guess...

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like you did not do something right. I always made more with a few extra guys. Some just are not cut out to be in business for themselves I guess...

Not that it has anything to do with the thread, but I'm retired, and not yet 60. Sorry to disappoint, I must have done something right.

Snap on Man

Apr 15, 2012
Tupelo, Ms
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5- Teknetics T 2 Classic w NEL Sharpshooter coil - Whites TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do any of you ever consider that Tesoro may be exactly where they WANT to be? Maybe they don't care to be the "latest/greatest" or biggest?

I was self-employed for half my life. Had half a dozen employees at one time. Know what it got me? Headache. Know how much gross profit I lost after getting rid of them all? None. I made the same working alone, as I did with the added expense/hassles of employees.

Here, I'll settle this. Tesoro will never release a new MD, ever. There, now that's settles, let start complaining about something else. Hangnail anyone?

I find it laughable, as many times as I've mentioned it, that NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON has addressed why they just don't start their own company and show Tesoro how it's done. You no like capitalism Bro?
I agree with this. I also was self employed most of my life and had employees. I experienced the same thing when I went to a business that required NO employees. My profits went up and the surprises when I got to work were gone!

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Here, I'll settle this. Tesoro will never release a new MD, ever. There, now that's settles, let start complaining about something else. Hangnail anyone? http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php

The only reason people are discussing this is due to Nathan Jaeger (spelling?) 2 years ago, posting to ask people for names, & features they would like relating to a new detector. Then posting again saying it will be named Cazador, leading people to believe that a new model was indeed in the works. Nobody expressed a desire to start their own company to compete with Tesoro. People are just wondering why Tesoro would say something and not go through with it & not offer any info as to whether the "Hunter" will ever be produced.

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don't be surprised to see the new Tesoro machine with a 'Whites' decal on it.:dontknow:

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The only reason people are discussing this is due to Nathan Jaeger (spelling?) 2 years ago, posting to ask people for names, & features they would like relating to a new detector. Then posting again saying it will be named Cazador, leading people to believe that a new model was indeed in the works. Nobody expressed a desire to start their own company to compete with Tesoro. People are just wondering why Tesoro would say something and not go through with it & not offer any info as to whether the "Hunter" will ever be produced.

yeah, i know. the first reply since from this Nathan on the other forum was when the rumors were going around that tesoro was going to sell. the second was that drunkin rant sounding one that was off the wall and quite pathetic. yet, not one thing about the detector other than, it's still in the works. seems odd that right after the name vote, tesoro completely shut down on social media. thats what i think the discontent is about. not about how long its taking. just going on their facebook page, on the forums now and then, to keep the majority of people interested. the guy on here that coined it "vaporware" is the only realistic thing that i have heard about it. look up the definition and then can you honestly say that is not what this whole thing sounds like.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I am sure that TESORO will release a new detecter some time........ DSCN0810.JPG

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, Tesoro did not release the "Cazador" for Christmas, so I was forced to take my old Silver uMax (equipped with the new 11" x 8" Widescan coil) out once again. Tesoro's old technology didn't even enter my mind as I set the discrimination to near Max, and started sweeping for silver and clad. Nothing but modern clad on the ball field after 30-minutes, two-quarters and a couple of pennies, so I turned my attention to the woods that surround it.

BINGO! A 1937 Washington, and a Standing Liberty with no date among the leaves and tree roots! Darn that old Tesoro technology and poor engineering! :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• IMG_20151228_142335.jpg
    IMG_20151228_142335.jpg
    975.1 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20151228_151642.jpg
    IMG_20151228_151642.jpg
    655.2 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20151228_151907.jpg
    IMG_20151228_151907.jpg
    458.6 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20151228_154847.jpg
    IMG_20151228_154847.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 97

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry, nice going on the silver! I just can't put my Tesoro detectors down long enough to use my so called high-tech detectors. Tesoros are so much fun to use!

tabman

DannyB1954

Nov 29, 2015
Pahrump, Nv.
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, DFX, V3i. TDI SL
Fischer F-75, F-19, CZ7a Pro.
Garrett Infinium, ATX
Nokta AU Gold, Racer, Simplex, legend
Minelab Explorer SE
Tesoro Lobo ST, Tejon, Compadre
Teknetics Omega 8500
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nope, they should go buy what they like, and stop whining because a manufacturer didn't build something specifically suited to their special snowflake entitlements. :thumbsup:

LOL, since you edited while I was typing:

Then go buy something manufactured by one of those other companies. Whining isn't going to force Tesoro to push a new model out of their rear ends. I swear, I think some people like to hear themselves complain.
I like to hear people try to defend Tesoro. It interests me why they feel the need to do so. I don't really care if Tesoro ever does squat. I am not a brand fan boy. My point has always been people will buy other products. I added two different machines to the fray this Xmass. The whole subject matter wasn't about if Tesoro made machines that people liked. It was about will they come out with something new. Two years ago, Tesoro asked for a name for their new detector. So Tesoro, What happened? Did you run into patent problems? Finances went South? Just wanted to pull everybody's leg? Fess up already. If I led someone to believe that I was going to do something, after two years people would want to know what happened to the plan.
I often do edit my posts. Sometimes I have to reconsider if I am talking a point of interest or just trying to repay insults with more of the same. Fighting fire with fire is OK I guess if you really want to burn.
I retired at 55, (6 years ago).

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds Terry.

DannyB1954

Nov 29, 2015
Pahrump, Nv.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, ATX
Minelab Explorer SE
Teknetics Omega 8500
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are a lot of people that still swear by Compass metal detectors. Who needs anything more? Lots of them on Ebay still in circulation.
Somebody may even still be repairing them. That doesn't mean they are still in business.

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, I had a Compass X-70, I think it was, many years ago. Had forgotten about it. Think they were made in Portland, OR.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only Time will tell.

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Not "defending" Tesoro, not my place to. My point was, all this whining is pointless. Tesoro isn't here, so it's not like you or anyone else is going to get a reply from them in one of these threads about it.

Soloman mention to go call them, ask them when they're going to release a new detector. If you do, come back and post what they said. The best way to get a straight answer is straight from the source.

I retired over 10 years ago.

DannyB1954

Nov 29, 2015
Pahrump, Nv.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, ATX
Minelab Explorer SE
Teknetics Omega 8500
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry Solman should ask Vince Gilford to read and response to questions and comments on Tesoro forums.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry Solman should ask Vince Gilford to read and response to questions and comments on Tesoro forums.

I believe Vince passed away over a year ago (God rest his soul). Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread