Will there be a new Tesoro for 2015?

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like the hot and cold machines. The Cazador is a urban myth... haahaha. i also vote no for 2016. They will probably come out with a new coil cover color or change the hand grip style. That will get some all horned up to run out and buy another machine that they already one or even two of, post picture's on here of it. saying how awesome it is with the new hand grip and coil cover color. But, as far as a whole new unit. Those of us who do not live in some kind of fantasy land, very highly doubt it. LOL

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like the hot and cold machines. The Cazador is a urban myth... haahaha. i also vote no for 2016. They will probably come out with a new coil cover color or change the hand grip style. That will get some all horned up to run out and buy another machine that they already one or even two of, post picture's on here of it. saying how awesome it is with the new hand grip and coil cover color. But, as far as a whole new unit. Those of us who do not live in some kind of fantasy land, very highly doubt it. LOL

I heard the new black Vaquero is hotter than the gray ones! It's a known fact that black detectors are the deepest. Lol

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will purchase a Vaquero in April or May. I do not believe that there is a difference between the black and gray other then the color. Wait and see.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with the new Vaquero. I've had a love hate with 3 of them

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will purchase a Vaquero in April or May. I do not believe that there is a difference between the black and gray other then the color. Wait and see.

I was actually joking.

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was actually joking.

Most of us know that. But, I bet some actually think they do. If I got some masking tape and spray painted mine camo. Wonder if it would perform better? Like those who put yellow spark plug wire's on an engine and a ghetto horn muffler on a honda civic and believe it's now a "race" car. ahhaaaha

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
Tesoro is never going to release another machine.

Their technology is 25-years old.

Their quality control is so poor, some machines of the same model are "hotter" than others.

Tesoro machines won't find gold.

Tesoro machines are really made in China.

Tesoro stole my girlfriend / boyfriend.

They Promised! They Promised us a new machine last year and then didn't deliver!

Tesoro hurt my feelings.

Does that about sum it up for all of you Whites Whiners? We all know your favorite whine, and now we know who is cuttin' the cheese as well! Here is the 2016 thread boys and girls - Have Fun!

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/tesoro/484345-will-tesoro-release-new-machine-2016-a.html

Lol. Funny stuff. 25 year old technology? The Cibola I bought had shag carpet in the box:laughing7:

Last edited:

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah? Well I had to have my carpet cleaned after I found my Tesoro Outlaw shagging my Minelab. Bad machine that Outlaw. Call me in few months and I might have a few new ones.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe am Outlab? Or a Minelaw? Dunno

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I heard the new black Vaquero is hotter than the gray ones! It's a known fact that black detectors are the deepest. Lol

Everyone knows darker colors absorb more heat than lighter colors.....and you guys say Tesoro doesn't do R&D :laughing7:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Everyone knows darker colors absorb more heat than lighter colors.....and you guys say Tesoro doesn't do R&D :laughing7:

I don't know CnC, I'm pretty light and I absorb a whole lot a heat around here! :laughing7:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a firm believer in there being "differences" in Tesoro machines as i have personally seen this in Vaquero's and Silver Umax's......but i think sometimes a coil could be "hotter" and not just the machine. As for the air tests....they are worthless. I had a CZ-3d that would not air test a dime at 8" but could slam one past 10" in good ground. Just my 2 cents on the matter.....

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've said the same thing Digger about hitting targets deeper in the ground than airtest with minelabs and was chastised for saying it. I've witnessed it many times at the beach especially.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Come on Tesoro!..make a new machine that blows em all away! I love my Garrett's but I'm starting to doubt their ingenuity with bringing out more Ace serious detectors. [emoji42][emoji42][emoji42]

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a firm believer in there being "differences" in Tesoro machines as i have personally seen this in Vaquero's and Silver Umax's......but i think sometimes a coil could be "hotter" and not just the machine. As for the air tests....they are worthless. I had a CZ-3d that would not air test a dime at 8" but could slam one past 10" in good ground. Just my 2 cents on the matter.....

We all know air tests are worthless, we won't be finding anything floating in the air. However, if you had 2 Vaqueros in front of you with the same settings & one air tests 8" on a coin the other 11" on same coin. Which would you choose to buy?

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree Scott...and that is why I wont buy another Vaquero without "testing" it first....wouldn't mind having another "hot" one. I had fairly "weak" Silver umax that even called Tesoro about. Went 6" max on anything smaller than your hand. I was told this was "average" depth for any VLF detector that they made.....I really like Tesoro machines, but they lost some respect from me there. We all know a Tejon should do way better than 6" on a coin or bullet!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread