Will there be a new Tesoro for 2015?

JASONSPAZ1

Oct 21, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
I have had them all but currently use a Makro Multi Kruzer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The whole Cazador fiasco is gross. On another forum if you even give the slightest criticism about Tesoro and the lack of Cazador info you may get banned from the forum. So many users have had their threads deleted over Cazador talk. No matter how the Tesoro cultist spin it, the almost 3 years since Tesoro asked customers to help choose a name for the unit and the complete silence since then is horrible. Many have moved on to other machines. It is looking more and more like Tesoro is having either $$ problems or a lack of engineer ingenuity.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree...and plenty of other good machines coming out from fisher, makro, etc. You would have thought we would have seen or heard something by now.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The whole Cazador fiasco is gross. On another forum if you even give the slightest criticism about Tesoro and the lack of Cazador info you may get banned from the forum. So many users have had their threads deleted over Cazador talk. No matter how the Tesoro cultist spin it, the almost 3 years since Tesoro asked customers to help choose a name for the unit and the complete silence since then is horrible. Many have moved on to other machines. It is looking more and more like Tesoro is having either $$ problems or a lack of engineer ingenuity.

Oh I feel ya! I have had posts deleted over there for "bashing" Tesoro, yet if someone bashes Minelab or Fisher, the moderators could care less. As I said, Nathan Jaeger could put these rumors to rest, but he is never seen on these forums (does he even work for Tesoro anymore?). It seems Tesoro has no desire to move forward, let alone keep up with modern technology.

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh I feel ya! I have had posts deleted over there for "bashing" Tesoro, yet if someone bashes Minelab or Fisher, the moderators could care less. As I said, Nathan Jaeger could put these rumors to rest, but he is never seen on these forums (does he even work for Tesoro anymore?). It seems Tesoro has no desire to move forward, let alone keep up with modern technology.

especially, on the other forum. when people making good reasonable comments and if tabman does not like it. he comes in on a thread with his crap. one guy gave it back to him and got kicked off. tabman is still there though and he was the one that was out of line. another person told him, "tesoro could come and leave a turd on your porch and you would justify a reason for it" my coffee almost came out of my nose when i read that. hahaha

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
especially, on the other forum. when people making good reasonable comments and if tabman does not like it. he comes in on a thread with his crap. one guy gave it back to him and got kicked off. tabman is still there though and he was the one that was out of line. another person told him, "tesoro could come and leave a turd on your porch and you would justify a reason for it" my coffee almost came out of my nose when i read that. hahaha

Haha! That had me rolling! Some people get in so deep with a company (tabman is one) that they just cannot climb out of the hole they dug themselves. It seems if someone gave him a Deus XP, V3i, or CTX 3030, he would have no use for it, as his Tesoro's are just as good.

OP
OP
C

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone actually called Tesoro recently? I haven't after the tight response I received last year.
Just saying, this seems to have gone beyond proprietary secrets.
I waited as long as I could, then bought an ETrac. This year, I desire a Cazador, or any new Tesoro, not an XP Deus. But again, I'm looking elsewhere.
Sure hope Tesoro comes through in a big way soon.
Peace ✌

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone actually called Tesoro recently? I haven't after the tight response I received last year.
I waited as long as I could, then bought an ETrac. This year, I desire a Cazador, or any new Tesoro, not an XP Deus. But again, I'm looking elsewhere.
Peace ✌

I dont think will want/need another Tesoro after you get some hours on the Etrac!

edwincd

Tenderfoot
Apr 19, 2014
Ga
Detector(s) used
Outlaw, Silver Umax, Compadre, StingRay, Vaquero, Sandshark, Bandido II, Xp Deus Minelab XCal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont think will want/need another Tesoro after you get some hours on the Etrac!

You'll be able to cancel your gym membership too.

Ha

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Peace ✌
I spoke to Vince several weeks ago. Sounds like he's running the show solo, but sounded like they have new products in the pipeline. Give him a call....

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll be able to cancel your gym membership too.

Ha

Or just use a swingy-thingy or homemade harness? It would be sad if we dismissed awesome detectors due to the weight. I would rather have a great performing detector & harness than a mediocre performing detector that is lightweight.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you dislike a machine for its weight or anything else you will not do well with it. I could never "love" the etrac because of its weight and need of such a slow swing. But I know it is a killer coin machine. Tesoro machines have their benefits and one is their light weight. They are also an awesome value for the price you pay. I am not trying to trash minelab but they are over priced. For the price of an etrac it should perform better all the way around compared to a cheaper machine like the T2. But that is just not the case. Not trying to start a fight....just my opinion.

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
:laughing7: Three years to change stickers and the color of the control box? While the first part of my post is a joke, I don't see Tesoro bringing any detector to market that will surpass what the other big manufacturers have put out in the last decade. There is only so much that can be done with VLF. and even BBS is getting stale.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, if I need a harness to swing it...it is to heavy!

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you dislike a machine for its weight or anything else you will not do well with it. I could never "love" the etrac because of its weight and need of such a slow swing. But I know it is a killer coin machine. Tesoro machines have their benefits and one is their light weight. They are also an awesome value for the price you pay. I am not trying to trash minelab but they are over priced. For the price of an etrac it should perform better all the way around compared to a cheaper machine like the T2. But that is just not the case. Not trying to start a fight....just my opinion.

The slower you swing in trashy sites the better. Regardless of what brand you swing.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes...but the etrac takes this to extremes. Noway should a $600 ATpro be twice as fast as a $1500 etrac...and the faster a machine the better it will perform in trash. The Deus is a perfect example.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes...but the etrac takes this to extremes. Noway should a $600 ATpro be twice as fast as a $1500 etrac...and the faster a machine the better it will perform in trash. The Deus is a perfect example.

Ok.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Agreed, some of the overseas manufacturers are incorporating far more advanced electronics into their detectors allowing for far more selectivity ,recovery speed and increased depths compared to minelab units and others. Examples of this is the Racer from Makro. In addition to this the prices are every competitive for these overseas manufacturers. In the end i think some of the US companies are fabricating functional and well made machines that are very antiquated.I want to buy American and prefer to benefit American workers and this economy, but the truth is simply this. And some of these companies are not willing to change , improve the circuits (modernize, miniaturize) due to the status quo.

Last edited:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I to try to buy American whenever possible. ..and with metal detectors I dont care how many programs or bells and whistles it has. I care about how deep, fast, light, well balanced, well made and how accurately it can id targets. Pretty much just ....how many good finds it puts in my pouch. And I could care less how much it costs.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone else talked to Vince or anybody else at Tesoro? What is up with the rumors of a new machine, then silence for a year?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread