Willie L Douthit

johnmark29020

Oct 8, 2012
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real tropical tramp.
I strongly believe mysite is connected to yours. I believe you and I are at opposite ends of the same trail. Im trying to plot the trail backwards. I will not release it here or anywhere else,but when Im done. I would like to send you a copy for confirmation. If Im right, I should be able to tell you where tayopa is located. If im right we should be able to reasonablely find the location of all caches and mining sites between us.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
John, as I once mentioned, You must have a treasure to start with to look for, has it ever been established that there was one for Wille to have found ??

That's a good question. We know that Willie, Buster, Jack and Doc were associated with each other in some manner in the Caballos in the 1930s, maybe a bit earlier. We know Doc was later confirmed by several people to have been in possession of gold bars. We know Willie later ended up wealthy in California. Legend has it that the gold came from a large cache in the Caballos. There was a fair amount of posturing, newspaper hearsay, etc to accompany all this, but what actual facts do we have?

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont tell me. It will ruin my experiment. The way I see it. If my work is right. I should be able to tell you. That will confirm or disprove my data.
I hope both you and Real TTT post your route maps from Tayopa to the caballos,vicky area on to oklahoma,and it goes thru where iam at. maybe i can help out in some way. + get some Tayopa bling thats cached in my area.:thumbsup:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go go dog, err exactly were are you ? May need you.

dece t  size coffee.jpg

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oro, I appreciate that , in-so-far that you had to snow shoe 15 miles in the snow to send it, come on back to Arizona, there are still places to look for treasures. Better yet Ole Mexico.:occasion14: < hot egg nog to warm up yer frozen tootsies.

treasminder2

Banned
Oct 9, 2011
I'll begin my return posting with a few insights on Willie , as well as Larry .

I've noted where some posters have gone to the trouble to seek
out land bought by Larry Forman , in the Los Angeles Forest .

One poster has gone out there and attempted to gain access to the land ,

I repeat again what I said in this forum years ago

" All BLM Land is under lock down "

As the poster found out , he was confronted with Locked gates , which precluded his
traveling further out then the paved roads allowed .

Privately owned Land , is now land locked by BLM land , which is gated and locked down .

This is the United States , and per the construct of that countries system ,
Progress is the byword of the systems function .

Progressive Laws are this countries intention , and Locking down access to public lands ,
is a natural course of action for such a system .

That being defined , I'll get on to an insight on seeking out any treasure that Jack Reynolds , or Larry Forman
slash Willie Douthit may have stashed and where that may still be secreted .

I certainly would not bother seeking Bars of Gold in the old land purchases by Larry Forman , for that
is a venue of " Wil-O-Wisp syndrome .

As well , to seek in the Caballo Mountains for a Willie stash may be of the same .

I would negate out Willie altogether , as far as left behind bars by him .

Insight one ,

I would focus my attention , not on Willie / Larry .

I would instead focus on Jack Reynolds find of the map and sextant , the locale of the find
to be specific .

Profile Jack

Jack heard of the heali8ng effects of the Hot Springs at what was known back then as
" Hot Springs New Mexico "

Jack suffered T.B. , ( not Pneumonia as stated by another poster and a book author that the poster quoted )

Jack decided to hitch hike to Hot Springs and attempt a cure for himself .

His last ride on the trip , dropped him off at the turn off for Rincon New Mexico , on I-25 .

The Truck Driver who dropped Jack there , pointed out an Old " STONE " Cabin ( not adobe as said by others )

The driver related that the Cabins around there were all abandoned , and a Storm was coming , that Jack
should take shelter in one of the Cabins for the night ,
and when the driver left for work the next morning , he would stop and pick Jack up , and take
Jack the rest of the way to Hot Springs .

Now the Window Sill , the Sextant, the Map .

Jack entered the Cabin , and began seeking firewood to warm himself by .

He pulled the Window Sill up , to burn it , and found beneath it , stashed a Map and Sextant .

Here are the clues

questions

1. who placed it there and what became of the person ?
Obviously , a mishap and they never got back for the map and Sextant .

or ,,,,,
they had no need for the map any further for they had already used it and found the Cache.

Obvious to me is , the person in question , was using the Cabin as his staging post for the search ,
and once the search was successful , he used the Cabin area to stash what he was relaying
down from the Mountain .

either way

I propose this as a solution to above questions

The person who planted the map there , left it there after finding the cave ,
after the discovery ,,,, he began removing Treasure and secreting the items he was relaying down
from the Mountains in small burial sites around the area of the Cabin .

On one of his trips back and forth , removing and stashing his loot at the Cabin , he met with Death .

Death being particularly efficient at his Job , succeeded in taking the Man with him .

Insight on finding anything from that Treasure Cave outside of it's location .

The Stone Cabin was still standing as of 2006 that I am personally aware of .
whether it is still in extant ?

I would go to that area on I-25 and the turnoff for the Village of Rincon .

I would seek the Old " STONE " Cabin

with detecting instruments

I would scan the entire landscape around that Old Cabin .

For those who may use this info and follow it up

if you discover Treasure there that was secreted away by the person who stashed the map
inside the Window Sill of the Cabin .

You can thank me , by NOT revealing to anyone or any agency , your discovery .

Keep it mute please

Last edited:

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roger, it turned out the Douthit property north of LA was not on public land after all, and was accessible. No locked gates, or any of that.

And Fort Seldon was supposedly where the abandoned structure was located where both Douthit AND Jack Reynolds claimed to have found maps hidden below window sills. What leads you to the Rincon turnoff with regard to that structure? Now there was supposedly a spring near Rincon where Doc Noss spent a lot of time, but that is a different story altogether.

treasminder2

Banned
Oct 9, 2011
Matt

Doubt anything said if you so choose

The Truck Driver is the source of the Reynolds find
it is from his personal deposition

The driver lived in Rincon , and Ft. Seldon is not anywhere near his residence .

As stated , He lived in Rincon , not Ft. Seldon , Seldon is a Ruin ( though restored ) and not his home town .

The use of the term " Supposedly where Jack and Willie found " is exactly that , a supposition and
Wrong .

Wille did not know the location of the Cabin , simply , when he met Jack Reynolds , Jack told him of the
Sextant and Map find , and that it was under a window sill of an abandoned cabin .

Wille made various fals claims as to how he found the treasure , one claim he made was that " I found it while employed
by a property owner , to demolish an old Adobe Cabin "

As stated by Willie himself to another acquaintance of mine , Sam Scott of expeditions unlimited ,,,

" I found a Map to the stash , in an old saddle in the sand dunes when the wind uncovered the Saddle , it was tucked
in the wooden slats on the underside of the saddle "

Trust in Willie , many have , you'll find them out there in the Caballos , where they have sought for decades , Willies
cave ,,,, all per Willie's statements ,,,,
all without the least success ,,,,

some however did succeed in making fake bars and attempting to swindle investors with them .

those , also succeeded in doing some prison time .

Quote : " Roger, it turned out the Douthit property north of LA was not on public land after all, and was accessible. No locked gates, or any of that. "

Interesting that , given that I am speaking about a claim made by the poster here , where he states he ran into locked gates .

I myself have ran into the same green steel tube gates all through out the 13 Western States I travel in .

so there .

treasminder2

Banned
Oct 9, 2011
and as another fact
I have known the exact location of the stone cabin since 1982 when My Father and I stopped there to
look the site over .

How Dad knew the location was the fact that the Truck Driver was Charlie Haley , a personal good friend
of my Fathers , they held mining claims together in Dog Canyon north of Tula Rosa New Mexico , the town my
Father lived and died in .

Charlie Haley was still employed as a Truck driver when he died at his mining shack in 1984 , at the ripe old age
of 86 years old .

real simple , these are my people , I have roots there , and a provable lergacy within the legacy .

None that I have seen posting on the net , can make the same claim with exception of maybe two people
one of which is Claude Suddereth's son , my father best friend was Claude .

and as he pointed out ; Oren Swearingen's false claim about the 13oo steps cave , and Oren's false statements about my dads story
are exactly that ,,, FALSE .
Oren was never taken to the 1300 step cave
Claude and Dad did not trust Orens intentions .

The 1300 step cave entrance in the San Andreas is straight north of Bat Ranch Spring .
The name of that Canyon has been changed by USGS on their maps

at the time of Dad;s discovery, the Canyon was called Bates Canyon .
Named after the family that owned the Ranch , the Bates family .

it is not on Hardscrabble peak , which is now named treasure peak on the maps .

do you wish more facts ?

or shall you settle for the Supposed Stories ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions