Willie L Douthit

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
where did you get the information that this was willies cabin?
Johnny Gordon is showing up more and more in my research but nothing to suggest he ever had any gold.
Johnny Gordon and one of the Holdens supposedly built a rock cabin below Granite Peak, most stories say it was Milt Holden but I have my doubts.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
There is also a very good book by Stan Hall called "Tayos Gold, the Archives of Atlantis" about the same subject.

Mike

Guess I better get it. Look at the following photo of Hall kneeling at a panel of petroglyphs. Below that is part of a panel found in NM, done with a quite similar style.

hall.jpg

Map Cave 2.JPG

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
where did you get the information that this was willies cabin?
Johnny Gordon is showing up more and more in my research but nothing to suggest he ever had any gold.
Johnny Gordon and one of the Holdens supposedly built a rock cabin below Granite Peak, most stories say it was Milt Holden but I have my doubts.

An old prospector that I befriended, who knew Willie personally (even when Willie was in hiding in california) said this was his cabin. Said that Willie and Buster Ward lived here for about 3 years.
Take it for what its worth. This is the cabin that had the "bent tin" above the east window that is talked about in the books as pointing the way to willies cave. The tin is no longer above the window.

Willie told this old guy that the tin did not point toward the cave (as said in the books) but rather "was itself a map to where the cave is", "it will lead you to the cave". quote/unqoute.
take it for what its worth. yeah I know.

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
10-4 2015 willies shack 049.jpg 10-4 2015 willies shack 055.jpg

these interesting rocks were in the canyon 1.5 miles below that cabin location.
if thats a turtle rock? it was pointing directly up the canyon.

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
the heart stone in the pic used to sit up on the cliff near the turtle? heart stone but was knocked into the bottom of the canyon by an over zealous back hoe operator digging for the treasure. now it lies there on the bottom waiting to be buried by the sands of time.

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Whisketrat, glad to see your still kickin, we didnt hear anything from you for several days.
hows the wireless up there?
Lots of places I go there's no signal at all but with the towers on the mountain?
Computer trying to lock up.

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Whisketrat, glad to see your still kickin, we didnt hear anything from you for several days.
hows the wireless up there?
Lots of places I go there's no signal at all but with the towers on the mountain?
Computer trying to lock up.
OH yeah, still kicking.
had a great trip. found lots of good stuff.
I know a lot of places where willies cave is not. ha ha
the cell reception is not to good on the back side (east side). Maybe the towers favor the west side.
some of those deep canyons suck the sound right out of the air. absolutely no sound. no wind. no air currents. dead air. noticeably dead. no gps. no cell. just the way i like it.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
There is also a very good book by Stan Hall called "Tayos Gold, the Archives of Atlantis" about the same subject.

Mike

Just finished the book - thanks for the recommendation. I've followed three of your book suggestions, all good ones: 1) Hall's; 2) Bailey's Golden Mirages (which convinced me that Pegleg Smith's black nuggets are real); and 3) Gold House Book 1 (which surprisingly confirmed to me that the Noss stories are a scam. Ha ha.

Back to Hall's book. That Peruvian/Ecuadorian border region has been the focus for many of our greatest legends and the target of many of the world's most capable explorers for centuries. The last previous book I read on the subject was, The Rivers Ran East, by Leonard Clark, which follows Clark and Inez Pokorny to "El Dorado". It's another great book, and like Hall, I suspect Clark's knowledge about any specific locations have been obscured enough to prevent discovery. People may write books to confirm their beliefs, but they never reveal true secrets. I was intrigued that Hall strongly supported Velokovsky's catastrophism model of earth changes/ancient mythology - which I do too. I was also surprised that he seemed to support the Joseph Smith/golden plates Mormon traditions (I don't).

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just finished the book - thanks for the recommendation. I've followed three of your book suggestions, all good ones: 1) Hall's; 2) Bailey's Golden Mirages (which convinced me that Pegleg Smith's black nuggets are real); and 3) Gold House Book 1 (which surprisingly confirmed to me that the Noss stories are a scam. Ha ha.

Back to Hall's book. That Peruvian/Ecuadorian border region has been the focus for many of our greatest legends and the target of many of the world's most capable explorers for centuries. The last previous book I read on the subject was, The Rivers Ran East, by Leonard Clark, which follows Clark and Inez Pokorny to "El Dorado". It's another great book, and like Hall, I suspect Clark's knowledge about any specific locations have been obscured enough to prevent discovery. People may write books to confirm their beliefs, but they never reveal true secrets. I was intrigued that Hall strongly supported Velokovsky's catastrophism model of earth changes/ancient mythology - which I do too. I was also surprised that he seemed to support the Joseph Smith/golden plates Mormon traditions (I don't).

sd: so what convinced you the noss stories are a scam? do you think all of them are scams or just the victorio peak treasure is a scam? to me, it seams noss was looking for 7 treasure vaults. he found 2 in the caballos (1 was willies cave, one was doc/toni cave) and then victorio peak was the third. since victorio peak is now off limits, i dont really care about that one other than its very cool the historic aspects of it if its real.
wr

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
sd: so what convinced you the noss stories are a scam? do you think all of them are scams or just the victorio peak treasure is a scam? to me, it seams noss was looking for 7 treasure vaults. he found 2 in the caballos (1 was willies cave, one was doc/toni cave) and then victorio peak was the third. since victorio peak is now off limits, i dont really care about that one other than its very cool the historic aspects of it if its real.
wr

You can read my previous posts - basically a debate with Mike, who is extremely well-informed - and get all the buzz. It's my current working model that Noss was involved with Douthit and others with some sort of a reported gold recovery incident in the Caballos, and that all his subsequent activities at Victorio Peak was a deception, red herring, false flag, or what ever you want to call it. Further, I think it's likely Noss, Douthit and their pals were foot soldiers in the organization rumored to have been involved in several other treasure cache rumors in other American locations, particularly ca 1910-1940. Many folks label this group as the KGC, OAK, etc., which is probably also some sort of smokescreen. Who these guys are and what they have done and are doing, I don't know. The subject is controversial and discussed in many places on TNet and elsewhere. Mike ardently disagrees with me (even though his own family history ought to goose his curiosity), but you can read all the old posts and decide for yourself.

I've had my doubts about Noss for years, but The Gold House Book 1 information, while released by the Noss family trying to prop up Doc's story for reasons of their own, actually convinced me. As far as the reported later bullion recovery at VP by the government - I'm on the fence, but if it happened, then I believe the bullion was WWII plunder from Germany. It was likely moved to VP by the Army from elsewhere following all the Noss publicity, then "recovered" as a "Spanish treasure trove" on US property.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can read my previous posts - basically a debate with Mike, who is extremely well-informed - and get all the buzz. It's my current working model that Noss was involved with Douthit and others with some sort of a reported gold recovery incident in the Caballos, and that all his subsequent activities at Victorio Peak was a deception, red herring, false flag, or what ever you want to call it. Further, I think it's likely Noss, Douthit and their pals were foot soldiers in the organization rumored to have been involved in several other treasure cache rumors in other American locations, particularly ca 1910-1940. Many folks label this group as the KGC, OAK, etc., which is probably also some sort of smokescreen. Who these guys are and what they have done and are doing, I don't know. The subject is controversial and discussed in many places on TNet and elsewhere. Mike ardently disagrees with me (even though his own family history ought to goose his curiosity), but you can read all the old posts and decide for yourself.

I've had my doubts about Noss for years, but The Gold House Book 1 information, while released by the Noss family trying to prop up Doc's story for reasons of their own, actually convinced me. As far as the reported later bullion recovery at VP by the government - I'm on the fence, but if it happened, then I believe the bullion was WWII plunder from Germany. It was likely moved to VP by the Army from elsewhere following all the Noss publicity, then "recovered" as a "Spanish treasure trove" on US property.

SDCFIA,

I know Roy Roush, and have been in that big white house in the hills, and seen his library. He is only one of two people I have shown my five inch thick ring binder about The Four Corners Gold Story. I know a good bit about the KGC, but some parts of the story I don't agree with. I don't believe that any secret society can stay THAT secret in these days of social media and the anonymous internet. Nobody has jumped ship and done a tell-all on how the KGC is trying (What are we going to do tonight Brain?) "Same as every night Pinky.......TRY AND TAKE OVER THE WORLD!" (They're Pinky, they're Pinky and the Brain Brain Brain Brain BRAIN). HAHAHA

I believe the KGC existed, and I believe a good many of the stories about them. I just don't think that they are so all encompassing as some do. Some people ascribe every woe and ill of the world since 1540 to the Jesuit World Domination Conspiracy. Some people think that every gold story in the country is the result of the KGC. Some people believe all the buried treasure is Templar in origin. Some people believe that mysterious gigantic rock formations and hordes of treasure of unknown origins are from "The Ancient Ones". Some people believe everything is a combination of two or more of the previously listed. Any or all of those COULD be true. In the absence of documentation or archival attribution, ANYTHING is possible. My ego is not so big that I cannot see my ideas are not the only possible ones. THAT is why I tell everybody to do their own research, and come to their own conclusions.

Take Care - Mike

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe the KGC existed, and I believe a good many of the stories about them. I just don't think that they are so all encompassing as some do. Some people ascribe every woe and ill of the world since 1540 to the Jesuit World Domination Conspiracy. Some people think that every gold story in the country is the result of the KGC. Some people believe all the buried treasure is Templar in origin. Some people believe that mysterious gigantic rock formations and hordes of treasure of unknown origins are from "The Ancient Ones". Some people believe everything is a combination of two or more of the previously listed. Any or all of those COULD be true. In the absence of documentation or archival attribution, ANYTHING is possible. My ego is not so big that I cannot see my ideas are not the only possible ones. THAT is why I tell everybody to do their own research, and come to their own conclusions.

Take Care - Mike

Yeah, that's pretty much where I'm at too.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
This is our Willie writing and self publishing a book.

Notice the 334 1/2 West 33rd Street, Los Angeles as Laurence's address.

This is the link I used and the whole 111 pages are there.

Passport to Eternity

It isn't my cup of tea but I did read it hoping to find some personal information on Willie. I didn't realize what I was getting myself into. BTW Willie did return to Socorro, New Mexico but not to pick up gold bars.:)

I hope some of the others will tackle it and offer some of their thoughts. I was left scratching my head.

Garry

Those who have read Willie Douthit's book may remember how weird it seemed for him to be writing about alien encounters when the world associated him strictly with gold bars from the Caballo Mountains. What follows may a bit OT from Willie per se, but it's another interesting Treasure/UFO connection.

After several less-than-thorough Google image searches over the years, I finally discovered an old photograph that has had me puzzled since the days I lived in Albuquerque, and the discussion I had with a waitress there ca 1990, more or less. The woman was talking with a customer at a lunch counter as I was standing nearby waiting to pay my bill and leave. I became a bit interested, as the story she was telling was pretty good. Long story short: she pulled an old faded, original dog-eared color photo print out of her purse to show the other guy and, by then, me too. It was a very real looking photo of what looked like a UFO hovering above some trees - she said her grandfather took the picture south of Albuquerque and gave it to her when she was a child. He also told her that he'd had conversations with the guys who flew the UFO.

Well, I finally found a pic of the same UFO and the same trees. The photo I saw was from a different angle and was apparently one of several that grandpa took that day at Peralta, NM. I've now found out that grandpa was a guy named Paul Villa. There's an interesting 3-part YouTube video about Villa for those of you who may be UFO buffs. Apparently Villa was well-known.

What really got my attention that day in the diner were the things that Villa told the girl that the aliens told him. The one story I remember most is that Villa (who was native American) told her there was a large pile of gold bars on the floor of a vault up high in the Sandia Mountains above Albuquerque. There was a ten-foot x ten-foot x ten foot deep cubic hole in solid rock, completely open on top to the air, containing the gold. The natives supposedly know about the gold (?), but the aliens told Villa that it would remain untouched until the proper time when it would be used to benefit man.

UFOs and hidden treasure. Huh. Roger Snow also tells stories like this. Be careful out there whiskeyrat - keep looking up.

isleta.jpg

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those who have read Willie Douthit's book may remember how weird it seemed for him to be writing about alien encounters when the world associated him strictly with gold bars from the Caballo Mountains. What follows may a bit OT from Willie per se, but it's another interesting Treasure/UFO connection.

After several less-than-thorough Google image searches over the years, I finally discovered an old photograph that has had me puzzled since the days I lived in Albuquerque, and the discussion I had with a waitress there ca 1990, more or less. The woman was talking with a customer at a lunch counter as I was standing nearby waiting to pay my bill and leave. I became a bit interested, as the story she was telling was pretty good. Long story short: she pulled an old faded, original dog-eared color photo print out of her purse to show the other guy and, by then, me too. It was a very real looking photo of what looked like a UFO hovering above some trees - she said her grandfather took the picture south of Albuquerque and gave it to her when she was a child. He also told her that he'd had conversations with the guys who flew the UFO.

Well, I finally found a pic of the same UFO and the same trees. The photo I saw was from a different angle and was apparently one of several that grandpa took that day at Peralta, NM. I've now found out that grandpa was a guy named Paul Villa. There's an interesting 3-part YouTube video about Villa for those of you who may be UFO buffs. Apparently Villa was well-known.

What really got my attention that day in the diner were the things that Villa told the girl that the aliens told him. The one story I remember most is that Villa (who was native American) told her there was a large pile of gold bars on the floor of a vault up high in the Sandia Mountains above Albuquerque. There was a ten-foot x ten-foot x ten foot deep cubic hole in solid rock, completely open on top to the air, containing the gold. The natives supposedly know about the gold (?), but the aliens told Villa that it would remain untouched until the proper time when it would be used to benefit man.

UFOs and hidden treasure. Huh. Roger Snow also tells stories like this. Be careful out there whiskeyrat - keep looking up.

View attachment 1249369

Very interesting,

If you read through "Lure of the Caballos" by Joseph Cummins, he has a few stories about strange lights and on top of ridges, feel a wind as if something just flew over you that you couldn't see (which just happens to coincide with several observations made by guests at The Skinwalker Ranch).

Mike

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:coffee2:mike, I was flying for Trans Ocean airlines in southern Calif. near a miltary base when I saw. what I assumed to be a greenish flare, perhaps warning me of a forbidden area. It appeared to be falling when it leveled off then streaked over the northen horizon. It appeared to be about my level, 5000 ft.. Later I found that it had traveled over the entire lengh of Calif. My first thought was that it was a meteor, but to change direction of flight ?

This was one of my strange experienes.
There have been others. :coffee2::coffee2:

Apol. for temp being off ubject, but I thought that ------

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Very interesting,

If you read through "Lure of the Caballos" by Joseph Cummins, he has a few stories about strange lights and on top of ridges, feel a wind as if something just flew over you that you couldn't see (which just happens to coincide with several observations made by guests at The Skinwalker Ranch).

Mike

Yeah, that Utah ranch is a real fun house, I guess - ghosts, bigfoot, UFOs , cattle mutilations, et al. Nothing like the real skinwalkers down on the Navajo res, but one-stop shopping for weirdness. I don't remember any treasure rumors nearby, but I could be wrong. Now, if you want big time treasure legends coupled with UFOs, cattle mutilations, etc., the Mecca is the San Luis Valley of southern CO. Seriously though, there really do seem to be some sort of repeating alleged connections between claimed treasure sites and paranormal activities there. Anybody got any ideas or insight about it?

139.JPG
San Luis Valley. UFO viewing platform with Sangre de Christo range in background

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

View attachment 1249369 [/QUOTE]

SDC: thanks for the warning. hey, that picture looks like Bill's ship. ha ha ha

Garry: thanks for posting the link to Willie's book. I just finished reading it. WOW. what else can you say.

his address is interesting. I wonder when he joined the Masons and how high in rank he got?

Other than mentioning the fleet of spacecraft meeting twice in Socorro, no mention of his past in the book.

wr

2daystravel

Banned
Dec 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new here , I joined because my Cousin was mentioned in a post here
He just died , His Dad , my Uncle is also mentioned on this web site .
I have been reading these post , interestingly people I am acquainted with are also
mentioned by full name . I heard a u.f.o. story of a crashed Saucer near Hart Canyon
New Mexico when we lived in Cortez New Mexico a treasure was found in Hart Canyon
by a man who was from the College and three of his Students .
I just read this post and thought it interesting that Treasure places have u.f.o. visits so much .
So many coincidences mentioned on this webpage . thank you sirs .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions