I

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol. Alright, alright. Lets move on from this thread now. Thank you all for the suggestions & entertainment. :)

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't care what any of you say that was a bad picture … The picture made every thing look way bigger than they were … I don't care what excuses all of you come up with for the seller . The picture was not up to par…….. I would never put a picture like that up…..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe end the insults now..

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Please post your Ebay username so I can block you from ever bidding on any of my eBay listings.
Why do you put up bad pictures also….. Some one complains here and all of you get on his/her side even though they are wrong just to make your self look good to every one ….

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet the same people who claim the photos are bad due to zooming in to catch details are the same ones who would complain when an item arrived that had a scratch or other imperfection that wasnt shown in the photos because you didnt zoom in.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One last thought: Folks, the buyer may be a whiner, but as
a retired photographer I've taken a few thousand shots of
merchandise for catalogs. As Joe said, it may be a subtle
thing, but then my eyes are trained to catch those kinds
of issues.

Based on what I've read in the whole thread, I believe the
OP provided the buyer a very adequate description to go
along with the image. Buyer wanted a larger earring, so
they griped. Welcome to the world of eBay sellers...lol

My comment was not intended to start any issue, but in
reality the goal was to help the OP take better images. Yes,
it is a "gripe thread", but there's no reason for folks not to
gain some knowledge on how to avoid having the same
issue occur with one of their own items.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Just a note i have been doing Ebay for i don't even know how many years 12 give or take …..AND i have never returned a item not one that i bought on Ebay……….. AND when some one want's a refund for a item i have sold .. I give them a refund no questions what ever they tell me for the reason for the refund i just refund there money………. And then realist the item……

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Just a note i have been doing Ebay for i don't even know how many years 12 give or take …..AND i have never returned a item not one that i bought on Ebay……….. AND when some one want's a refund for a item i have sold .. I give them a refund no questions what ever they tell me for the reason for the refund i just refund there money………. And then realist the item……

Thats ok, Keppy. You have also been using Tnet since 2006, but apparently you have nothing to add to the discussion. :dontknow:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats ok, Keppy. You have also been using Tnet since 2006, but apparently you have nothing to add to the discussion. :dontknow:
You know what……...Sometimes any thing is better than nothing……….

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
insontis... Your reply to the customer might have come across as sarcastic. That could hurt your ratings. If you accept returns, do it gracefully, no matter the situation or rationale given by the customer. Factor in oh say 5% of sales for fraud, returns etc. Realize it is just a cost of doing business. Fib if necessary to show some empathy with the customer and I would advise to not argue the point. (Lest they say it is damaged or they are not clear why they want to return it). The customer here gave a real or false reason for wanting to return them. Consider how you can prevent that stated reason from happening again if it is a valid reason. I would definitely respond to her with a nice note..no problem, sorry it did not meet your needs,the same thing has happened to me, pictures can be deceiving. Something along those lines. It costs nothing to do so and will leave her with a better feeling than she has now.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had this exact situation happen to me about 8 months ago involving a Tiffany clock, same "smaller than I thought" scenario. I'll admit that I was a little po'd because I had also stated the dimensions, took photos with a ruler, etc., etc. In the end though it's just best to move on and forget about it. If this is your first difficult customer then your lucky, but believe me it won't be your last if your gonna stay at this for any length of time.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm at a loss at this entire thread. If you accept returns, you accept returns, and the person doesn't even have to tell you why they are sending the item back. To be honest I've never read the return policy, but don't think I have to because it seems pretty obvious.

It was mentioned about losing top rated if you don't accept them.... well I don't and am top rated. Not sure why, but I don't plan to ask!

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dead-horse.gif

OP
OP
I

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm at a loss at this entire thread. If you accept returns, you accept returns, and the person doesn't even have to tell you why they are sending the item back. To be honest I've never read the return policy, but don't think I have to because it seems pretty obvious.

It was mentioned about losing top rated if you don't accept them.... well I don't and am top rated. Not sure why, but I don't plan to ask!

IP, I was never going to not accept the return. I was just highly annoyed a the time of posting and wanted to vent. I felt the item was fairly represented regardless as to what anyone else thinks. That being said, some of you believe it wasn't a good comparison photograph, so I will provide additional ones in the future - perhaps with various objects. The item's return process is already underway and there are no problems. Many of you have done this for a long time - I haven't. So this being my first return as a seller I'd think it'd be understood why I may feel a bit aggravated.

I don't think there is more to add to this thread though as people have strongly stated their opinions and its getting rather tense here. :-p

Last edited:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IP, I was never going to not accept the return. I was just highly annoyed a the time of posting and wanted to vent. I felt the item was fairly represented regardless as to what anyone else thinks. That being said, some of you believe it wasn't a good comparison photograph, so I will provide additional ones in the future - perhaps with various objects. The item's return process is already underway and there are no problems. Many of you have done this for a long time - I haven't. So this being my first return as a seller I'd think it'd be understood why I may feel a bit aggravated.

I don't think there is more to add to this thread though as people have strongly stated their opinions and its getting rather tense here. :-p

That is the very reason I do not take returns, because if the person changes their mind they're just going to come up with any reason why they want send it back. But you do accept returns, and do so because you obviously think there is an advantage, but to have that advantage you have to take the bad with the good. This is NOT about the buyer, it's about your choice in how you run your business.

OP
OP
I

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is the very reason I do not take returns, because if the person changes their mind they're just going to come up with any reason why they want send it back. But you do accept returns, and do so because you obviously think there is an advantage, but to have that advantage you have to take the bad with the good. This is NOT about the buyer, it's about your choice in how you run your business.

Well stated. I suppose I'm more content with instances like this than not accepting returns and having a customer fight tooth and nail to try and force one. Who knows - It's still very early in my selling "career" and so I may change my mind further down the road. It's all a learning experience. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread