wondering your ages?

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
28, seems like we have a bit of a divide in age here. Most are either in there 20s-early 30s or in there 60s, we have a bit of an age gap.

scotk9

Mar 19, 2013
Montgomery County PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 250
Bounty Hunter
54, have always been a scrounger. My wife wonders why I collect the things that I have...until they have value on some TV show, then she wants to know why I don't sell some. Thanks to my parents and Grand parents for instilling those historical values and appreciation!

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me elaborate on my last post. The average ages are around 25 and 55. I have a theory on this, I believe that the younger group, my group, are trying to find there way in society and have part time jobs and free time. The 55 group is starting to retire and have picked up the hobbies to do something with there time. The rest of society is to busy working to care about our hobbies. No offense to anyone this is just a theory.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Us old farts remember how delightful the 50's, 60's & 70's were. In the 80's we got very serious about our futures,

And now we look at the current world and realize that the younger group here will never enjoy the innocence we experienced as children and young adults. The whole world has changed now. Not to be a downer for you younguns, but your innocence is gone. As a teenager I wondered if I should try to kiss a girl on the first date, and now I see that if you don't there must be something wrong with you!

Just an example of the many examples....

H

Holly_squirrel

36 . Never saw the purpose in lying about ones age. I'd rather people say, " wow u look great for 36"... Then be thinking wow she is a rough looking 26 year old.

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
26, I agree with Styfflin, A LOT younger than I thought most would be. Maybe it just SOUNDS like we have a buncha old crusties on here hahaha just kiddin' folks:).

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You DO look great for 36. I hope in 10yrs when I'm 36 I look fresh and in my 20's.
36 . Never saw the purpose in lying about ones age. I'd rather people say, " wow u look great for 36"... Then be thinking wow she is a rough looking 26 year old.

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
just wondering how old some of you are. me i'm 30. if you don't want to be exact thats fine. 30's 40's teenager is good enough for me.:hello:

Waiting for snow to melt again, and glad the groundhog/woodchuck has been indited, and now I understand the many good questions by persons here. Howdy Doody anyone? Clowns are at the top of the workforce, so I left Bozo and retired long ago from Civil State Service. Can you beat 66.6? HH Boris Army strong

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
35 and been in md'ing for 12 years

OP
OP
Thorne

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does your math look like this?

View attachment 764405

when my math started to look like this equations.jpg i knew i had a problem.

mira263

Greenie
Mar 15, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just turned 33 last month. I too am surprised by how many ppl are my age and younger :)

Bad Wolf

Dec 6, 2012
Carmel-by-the-Sea, California
Detector(s) used
Nokia Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a bit surprised by this demographic, too. I thought there would be many more CRHers on the right side of the bell curve and fewer on the left. I am LI (sorry, I mean 51. I'll never get the hang of those damn Arabic numerals!) and have vivid memories of watching Neil Armstrong take that "small step" as well as wondering why the guy on that new science fiction program had pointy ears and never smiled. Anyway, one thing I've learned is that the older you get, the older "old" gets, so take it as it comes or rage against the dying of the light, whichever you prefer. The second thing I've learned is "old guys rule".

HH, and Happy Birthday Agme!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread