wondering your ages?

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a bit surprised by this demographic, too. I thought there would be many more CRHers on the right side of the bell curve and fewer on the left. I am LI (sorry, I mean 51. I'll never get the hang of those damn Arabic numerals!) and have vivid memories of watching Neil Armstrong take that "small step" as well as wondering why the guy on that new science fiction program had pointy ears and never smiled. Anyway, one thing I've learned is that the older you get, the older "old" gets, so take it as it comes or rage against the dying of the light, whichever you prefer. The second thing I've learned is "old guys rule".

HH, and Happy Birthday Agme!

RAGE!

Winter

Mar 5, 2013
Israel, for now
Detector(s) used
Soon a Bounty Hunter VLF 2.1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am lying by around 1-2 years (plus or minus)

I am 17 years old - i cant drive yet
oh how much I love this :P
the licence age is 16, and you're lying by 1-2 years. if you can't yet drive its never a plus, so it's a minus. 15 is the age, and nice to meet you, person in my age category!

OP
OP
Thorne

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've read thousands of posts from most of you. Just thought I'd find put a bit about my fellow hunters.

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Average is 36 with the most frequently occurring age being 30. I am a math and statistics professor. Of course the people in this hobby are pretty smart since we realize that buying a coin for 0.50 that's worth $10 is an amazing profit (just wished it happened a little more often). The curve is definitely skewed with the young people dominating. Here is the histogram:
10-19=10
20-29=12
30-39=16
40-49=6
50-59=9
60-69=7
I am 43 (the minority age in this forum). Very interesting.

drcaulfield

Feb 22, 2013
your reject tray
Primary Interest:
Other
I was wondering people's ages as well as the average bank roll they use to hunt with. I mean how big a roll you need to search 25k worth of halves a week.

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am interested to see Em and 50 comment here. How old are you fellas?

OP
OP
Thorne

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to start metal detecting. Guy at my work wants to sell me an old compass. Just not sure its worth the 100 he's asking and if metrodetroit is work digging

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok Almost 49 and Almost 50

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
Average is 36 with the most frequently occurring age being 30. I am a math and statistics professor. Of course the people in this hobby are pretty smart since we realize that buying a coin for 0.50 that's worth $10 is an amazing profit (just wished it happened a little more often). The curve is definitely skewed with the young people dominating. Here is the histogram:
10-19=10
20-29=12
30-39=16
40-49=6
50-59=9
60-69=7
I am 43 (the minority age in this forum). Very interesting.

You also have to take into account the element of self identification.

drcaulfield

Feb 22, 2013
your reject tray
Primary Interest:
Other
I want to start metal detecting. Guy at my work wants to sell me an old compass. Just not sure its worth the 100 he's asking and if metrodetroit is work digging

Would be a lot of junk in the D :). Perhaps up north or west by Howell would be a good spot. Or even the metro beaches

Spizzerinctum

Mar 8, 2013
Western Hemisphere
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yikes! It looks like most of you will be funding my Social Security. Guess I'll be working a lot longer than I planned. I'm 58.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread