Worked hard for 2 Roosevelts

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
3 boxes of dimes in a row today all garbage. Also found halves in almost every bank I stopped again all garbage. The last bank I stopped had $180 in cwr dimes giving me 1951. 1963 D, and 2 Honduras 20 centavos, 1 Panama 10 centavos, and 1 Singapore 10 cents, My sugar pot cwr dime bank the other day invited me to make a few less visits there each week LOL. Im thinking of going there in disguise.

Upvote 0

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
santafeboy said:
3 boxes of dimes in a row today all garbage. Also found halves in almost every bank I stopped again all garbage. The last bank I stopped had $180 in cwr dimes giving me 1951. 1963 D, and 2 Honduras 20 centavos, 1 Panama 10 centavos, and 1 Singapore 10 cents, My sugar pot cwr dime bank the other day invited me to make a few less visits there each week LOL. Im thinking of going there in disguise.

LOL! My Sugar pot did the same thing. When I got 14 dimes out of $450 worth of rolls, I came back again, they said I had to slow it down until they build up a surplus again. They dont order coin, all their coin is supplied by customers who use their coin machine. I am saddened but I understood. Its been some time since I had such a good fix of coins.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The_EE said:
santafeboy said:

LOL! My Sugar pot did the same thing. When I got 14 dimes out of $450 worth of rolls, I came back again, they said I had to slow it down until they build up a surplus again. They dont order coin, all their coin is supplied by customers who use their coin machine. I am saddened but I understood. Its been some time since I had such a good fix of coins.

When this happens, see if they will "swap" with you. My tiny little hometown bank is so small that they usually only have about a box or so (or less) of quarters, dimes, and nickels and ~3 boxes of cents. They do not have enough on hand to sell me any for CRH purposes. However, they will happily swap with me. For example, I bring in 25 searched rolls of dimes and swap them for 25 of their unsearched rolls. They even go so far as to mark the rolls for me so they don't sell them to me again in the future.

Give it a shot. What do you have to lose?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread