Worthless horde, but this CTX3030 is impressing me more and more

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
The black hole between Montana and Colorado.
Detector(s) used
Truffle seeking pig modified for metal.

The results have been so-so

When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm stuck with the kids today, so I could only sneak out into my yard for a bit while they napped. I was able to pull up a number of pennies.

While not particularly interesting (the oldest being from 1975), most of them are from 1982/83 which happens to be the year this house was built. Nothing sat here before the house. Each penny was found from 2 to 8 inches down.

Now, for the roofing nail, it is no different than the other hundreds in my yard EXCEPT this critter was 1/2 inch UNDER a penny. Despite them being on top of each other, the CTX was able to discern the difference and provide 2 distinct tones at the same time. I use the display only slightly and find my ear does a much better job than my eyes LOL.

The nut and rivet we also less than an inch from each other, but I was able to clearly tell that 2 (actually 3 items, the other was a pulltab) objects where down there.

All found on GH's wide open program, with auto sens at -3. So much junk in my soil, more sensitivity really drives it nuts.

Now I just need 5 feet of snow to melt so I can get to the good ground that is WAY older. I'm just happy to be figuring this machine out.

WM

coins.JPG

Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The difference between a new machine and after you've learned how to use it is like the difference between night and day. My 6000D was the same way, new to me I found pennies once I knew how to adjust it dimes, quarters, silver ring, gold ring and I knew when trash was there and generally what kind of trash. Good for you and I know you will keep learning for some time to come. Have fun go for the good stuff...........63bkpkr

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel ya ,Ive been using a xlt exclusively for the past 6 yrs ,got a Tesoro Tejon a couple weeks ago & Ill prob, take her for our 1st outing togerther tormorrow,been puting it off becaouse of the learning curve and NOT having an Id screen but I used a 1266x for 2 yrs in the ealry 2000s. I need to be paitent and as you said {let my ears do the work} Good luck when that snow melts.Davers

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The target separation is pretty amazing isn't it? Loving the machine. I also use GH program wide open. I feel I hear more high bleeps than on pattern 1.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread