would a coil of a fisher work on my gti ???

Des from down under

Jun 26, 2009
taupo
Detector(s) used
garett 1500 gti and T2 ltd, garrett propointer
Hi, I just had a thought , as I inherited an old fisher with two coils could they be replugged to suit my gti1500..??? also I cracked the garden treasure..when trying out my gti some months ago I hit a signal right out in front of the kitchen window..treasure imaging would show the largest and the deepest on the imaging screen..I dug to about two feet and couldnt find a damn thing...kept thinking it may be a manhole cover and forgot it ..but it annoyed me to the extent that when I understood this machine better I would find this cache of gold soverigns..well ..got it!!! or them..lol..i put on the scorcher and it pinpointerd three targets in a two foot circle..i dug a plug at each and using my propointer identified three bits of junk two inches in the turf..a piece of copper wire, a piece of an aluminium rivet and a galv nail...small talk I know as you guns would have sorted this out straight away...but man am I a lot more knowledgable after that excercise..the lawn is safe and the wife is returning to normal again...cheers ..and it was only through this forum that I can now move on.....thanks :hello2:

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I doubt it very much. All metal detectors are built to operate at various frequencies. Different manufacturers use different frequencies for each metal detectors, and the specific coils for those machines have to be tuned to each model for maximum results. Even if you did splice in a new connector, your ID would be way off and you would have poor depth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions