Wow what a way to start 2016

stillrollin300

Jan 15, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Ace 350, Garrett Infinium, AT Pro, ATX, GPX 4800, E-Trac, DMC 2B
First off the weather was beautiful over the weekend so I called my good friend Wes and on Saturday we headed to a site I have been researching. According to research it should have been a early 1700's home site on the property and it was confirmed two weeks ago when we got into a good patch just before leaving. So we hit the field early and it didn't disappoint. If this is how 2016 is going to go for me its going to be a good year.

1st hole 10 minutes into detecting and this 1857? three cent piece pops up.

Trime 1.JPG
Trime 2.JPG

Then after some searching and picking up some scrap brass and lead we headed back to the truck for Wes to switch out machines. We were looking at the adjacent field and just wanted to give it a quick once over. Nothing was shown on the maps but just to be safe. We struck out but signals were very limited. I dug this which I can assume is some sort of weight

ODD.JPG
Odd 2.JPG

Just as we were about to head back to where the hot spot was I got a killer signal dug down and this beauty pops up?

HAMMER.JPG
Hammer 2.JPG

So this of course caused us to spend more time searching about that area, but to no avail there were no more signals so we went back to our hot spot. Then the buttons and old colonial silver started just jumping out at me!!!

Carolus iii holed real

Carolus 1.JPG
Carolus 2.JPG

Philip cut real

Philip 1.JPG
Philip 2.JPG

Then the find that made the day (as if I hadn't already had a killer day) this 1649-1660 British Commonwealth cut shilling!!! its beat all to pieces because of farm equipment but you can clearly see it!!

CW Shilling.JPG
CW Shilling2.JPG

Finally here is the group shot
Group.JPG

This is a day I won't soon forget!

Last edited:
Upvote 56

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on an epic hunt. Glad to see someone in NC is finding the good stuff!

Best of luck to you in 2016!

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy moly what a day! I bet you'll be back as soon as you can-I know I would. Congratulations!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on an incredible hunt.
Can't imagine having a day like that.
I know that I would have to carry a defibrillator

Last edited:

Isaac

Oct 11, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for posting this on T-net. This is an OBVIOUS banner. Unbelievable! Congratulations! That Common Wealth coin is just phenomenal!!!

eureka77

May 8, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
tek.alpha2000
Nokta Fores Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man what a day! Congrats bud. What is the third pic down? I think Wes is that the fella I sold my whites gold detector to yr.s ago. Cool to see yall still at it. GL on more successful hunts. Makes me want to get another detector, here's to tax time. lol
edit>> Watched vid, it's a Spanish cob. nice

Last edited:

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
17th, 18th and 19th century silver....you cant beat that! The Commonwealth coin is awesome and you wonder if there is an earlier site there even though your relics are of a much later date. Congrats on an awesome day!!

OP
OP
stillrollin300

stillrollin300

Jan 15, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Ace 350, Garrett Infinium, AT Pro, ATX, GPX 4800, E-Trac, DMC 2B
Look at that. Less than a week and Trime #1 shows up on T-Net... I'm counting this year, to see how many show up...

#1.

Skippy

Skippy, I take it you are looking for that elusive trime?

OP
OP
stillrollin300

stillrollin300

Jan 15, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
17th, 18th and 19th century silver....you cant beat that! The Commonwealth coin is awesome and you wonder if there is an earlier site there even though your relics are of a much later date. Congrats on an awesome day!!

Joey, I "knowish" there was a homesite on the property from the early 1700's, its a matter of just zeroing in on where that house site was at. Its a pretty good size piece of property to search.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fantastic hunt! Work that site till the farmer turns over the soil and start over! :occasion14:

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet old silver and digs,heck of a start.

metalev4

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2006
What an incredible hunt. 4 Spanish silver is tough to beat. Sounds like a great time.

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What an amazing site with incredible finds! That would be a dream hunt for me! Congrats!

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
And once you find the exact location of the early house site don't forget to look for and dig out the trash pit which is where the real goodies are hiding. Good luck!

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations on some excellent finds. Nice to see a fellow NC digger doing well. Looks like your research has paid off and led you to a nice early virgin site. Enjoy it while it last - sites like that don't come often and sadly don't last that long.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread