Xp deus machine

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like mine because of the light weight. With the 11" coil it weighs about 2 pounds. And, there are no wires to get tangled up in brush. It is totally wireless including headphones.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Programmable for custom settings in your type soils. Light. Wireless. Manual or tracking GB. Very compact when collapsed. Side note: Small learning curve to get educated to this machine.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lightweight, ZERO WIRES, no coil wire, upgradeable. tougher than nails. It's FAST! It can snoop out of Civil War cuff button sitting on a nail. Goes deep. The build quality is LEGENDARY. You can't break one! I've tried.

Don't buy one and dig where I go.

MSpeiser

Nov 5, 2019
NW Ohio
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like how the thing just screams "dig me". As stated it's light, fast, deep. I do not like how susceptible it is to emi. Another thing is it's still a single frequency machine. If the remote wouldn't fall off so easily and was waterproof it would definitely be a plus. I love this machine but I love my nox 800 just as much and split duties between the two.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your remote falls off, get a new mounting collar for about $12. That will fix it. Also, with the new upgrade it does great in salt water and has a waterproof kit.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other thing is you must charge both the machine and coil, being wireless, oh it only runs one frequencies at a time and not waterproof interesting, all true if not please explain

MSpeiser

Nov 5, 2019
NW Ohio
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If your remote falls off, get a new mounting collar for about $12. That will fix it. Also, with the new upgrade it does great in salt water and has a waterproof kit.

I have only seen them for over $20. I had to replace 2 of them so far. Luckily for me I have my remote tethered. My buddy lost his and it was over $600 to replace just that component. I haven't did the most recent update and probably wont since I am not planning on going to the x35 coil.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought one as a spare. I guess it depends on who is selling it. Single frequency is fine for all types of detecting. I like mine with HF coil. I see no need for the X35.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the new Deus upgrade, it goes a lot deeper and still discriminates on a wet salt beach. It didn't used to be like that. I was pleasantly surprised, so much that I wouldn't bother with a multi frequency machine. I even had it out in the ocean a bit and dug quite a bit. It was a surprise. Now I don't dive, so...

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like how the thing just screams "dig me". As stated it's light, fast, deep. I do not like how susceptible it is to emi. Another thing is it's still a single frequency machine. If the remote wouldn't fall off so easily and was waterproof it would definitely be a plus. I love this machine but I love my nox 800 just as much and split duties between the two.

How long have you had your Deus? I had mine about a year and one prong of the remote mounting clip broke. It was replaced under warranty.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had mine 3 years. Still under warranty but didn't want to mess with that. Quicker to just snag one since they are so inexpensive.

Frequencies - the Deus with high frequency coil, the only coil I have now, goes to 74.4 khz. The Equinox series goes to 40 khz only.

The lower frequencies have been around forever. I am finding more good and deep stuff with the 74.4, as no one else has been on these spots running that high a frequency.

My old White's ran about 5 khz. My one Tesoro around 17 if I remember correctly.

The charging wires are bundled into one UBS end and splits so if you charge one, you can charge all three at one time. No biggie.

Last edited:

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Only weakness to me is bottlecaps. I know, I know, ways around it... Just bugs me coming from Etrac with ferrous number to make it automatic. I have had Deus since Version 1, updated a couple times and need to update now. I still love the Deus, bottlecaps are my only gripe. If it got stolen or burned or... I guess I would get another. Spoiled by the weight and compactness. Also love the ability to get nugget frequencies if I ever decide to give the goldfields a try.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I relic hunt and hardly ever come across a bottle cap. Even at a salt water beach, they have a distinctive quirk to the sound they make and I can tell 95% of the time what they are.

Now the screw on aluminum kind have a more tempting sound. However, they almost always come in at the same reading on the VDI so are not a problem.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks no perfect machine, longer u work with one the tones become familiar, Smokey what turns u off aboutthose notka makro machines, simplex. Before I purchase anything I try to get many reviews to make sure, look I mean it’s not a corvette but for 250.00 waterproof, deep I mean good as at pro dam near so that in itself says something your opinion matter,

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing turns me off on those. I haven't tried one and frankly, do not need a machine right now. I have my eye on another come spring to complement the Deus. At that price, I don't see how you can go wrong. Now it really depends on what kind of digging you are doing and what you are going for. I always tell folks to try to get to a dealer and try one out, but dealers are few and far between anymore. I have purchased and sold several different machine quickly and at a loss just because I didn't like them. It gets expensive doing that.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing turns me off on those. I haven't tried one and frankly, do not need a machine right now. I have my eye on another come spring to complement the Deus. At that price, I don't see how you can go wrong. Now it really depends on what kind of digging you are doing and what you are going for. I always tell folks to try to get to a dealer and try one out, but dealers are few and far between anymore. I have purchased and sold several different machine quickly and at a loss just because I didn't like them. It gets expensive doing that.

Are you gonna sell your XP ? :laughing7:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No way in perdition! It stays with me forever.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions