Minelab equinox 800, relic machine name given really

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look everyone has a opinion, they r dime a dozen, why do they say it’s a great relic machine and lesser coin machine. Is this garbage talk or truth. All owners give your honest unbiased truth, this machine can hold its own in any soil conditions coins also. Set the record straight I mean come on, the pros and cons, I’m not going to YouTube users give it straight thanks

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not know as I don't coin hunt. I heard they were better for coins. I used one extensively for relics. When I used it, it held its own with the rest of the mid level VLF machines out there, nothing to say better, nothing to say not as good. In other words, I didn't dig anything the VLF would not have found. And I don't think I found anything less.

Vferrari and I went head to head (just a little competition here) in the bad Virginia ground with the Equinox and my Deus. The Deus nosed it out by a hair. We were in a CW camp that has been pounded since forever.

So to your question, get some more feedback. It is a good overall machine.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So your deus is equivalent to 800, price about same, who makes deus and what the advantage, both separation, depth I mean what do u look for in a machine regardless of price, deus and 800, thanks Smokey

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I run in park 2 mode and it disc out a lot of iron that would be a relic find. So is it a relic machine. Well yes as the audio can be adjusted to a slight hum and you know when you go over a ferrous target. The depth can be adjusted but large pieces of iron, naiuls, hinges and such will ring regardless of depth up to 10 inces easily. While there are some Nox Masters out there I am happy with my coins in the tot lots. But have hit some old ground with great results. So it does find relics and will open up new dirt in a old hunting spot. I can say the opposite is true also, iron is disc'd out very well. There is still a lot of ground I need to cover but I am selling my other detectors as I am happy with the Nox 800.

MSpeiser

Nov 5, 2019
NW Ohio
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took both my Deus and my Equinox to SC this Spring for 4 days of digging. I wasn't there to hunt coins. I was strictly relic hunting and started each day with the deus. I just like how the deus sounds over the Equinox. After a couple hours I would switch to the Equinox and go over the same area. UNREAL how the site would come to life and I would start finding more buttons, other relics and yes, coins. I am totally convinced this is a great relic machine but you have to have the proper settings to make it so. I want to say something about depth too. I was running the stock 11 inch coil on the nox and dug a 1810 at a whopping 11 inches. There aren't many machines that will do that!

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey appreciate your honesty, I post for others also considering one or the other being price involved you understand, charge both coil and machine separate or same time I don’t no this machine. So unfair as it is choose one machine as if u had enough to get one , means a lot, I’m in pa how far Ohio r u

MSpeiser

Nov 5, 2019
NW Ohio
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey appreciate your honesty, I post for others also considering one or the other being price involved you understand, charge both coil and machine separate or same time I don’t no this machine. So unfair as it is choose one machine as if u had enough to get one , means a lot, I’m in pa how far Ohio r u
I'm in NW Ohio near the Indiana line.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread