Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a town yesterday about 30 miles from home. Since it has a large amount of snowbirds, I didnt count on finding a lot. But there is a huge park/sport complex I found there that apparently shows that little, if any, MD'ers are around there...
Searched first for tot lots, and found one in a black neighborhood that was small, but had some good clad numbers, but after about 30 minutes I had to give it up due to a huge number of kids that, as kids always are, wanted to "help" me find things.. Gotta love the innocent wonder of children, but it is not conducive to productivity for sure... Stopped at a store and asked a person if they had any parks or sports fields there, and was directed to the huge park.... Started finding clad immediately, and could tell that it had not been worked over much, if ever. Probably worked it for a couple hours, then got so sick (nothing new) that I had to quit. All I hit were the two tot-lots, and a quarter of a double volley ball sand lot, and ended up with:

Quarters- 25
Dimes- 46
Nickels- 39
Pennies- 70

For a total of $13.50 in clad, one wheaty (1945), and a small bangle bracelet/chain thing that I think part may be .925, but until my wife gets back from the store and I find out where she put it, wont know for sure.. I was too sick last night to even clean/count the coins or the jewelry.. Sorry for the jumbled mess of a picture, but at least it shows my finds... I was also impressed as to how clean the park was.. Very few pop-tabs or caps. I am also excited to go back, as it has a huge soccer field (and you all know I love soccer fields), 3 baseball fields, and a large football field.. Also need to finish the Volleyball lot...

HH all, and a very Merry Christmas to you all!!

Attachments

• 122309_finds.jpg
    122309_finds.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 1,155
Upvote 0

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a great place to detect. So cold here and ground is frozen. Haqppy hunting and Merry Christmas....Matt

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Thats a lot of digging....Nice stuff... :thumbsup: jgas

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jgas said:
Thats a lot of digging....Nice stuff... :thumbsup: jgas
Thats why we love tot lot's so much... It's hard to go hit the hard pack after getting $13 from mostly 3 inches or less of soft sand or wood chips.. LOL..
Soccer fields are much harder, but that is, so far, where I have found the gold and silver..

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like a lot of digging. Nice finds......

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's almost 5 bucks an hour.

Top Member Reactions