Ya know, I think Ill just leave the relics to the experts.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know, I think I'll just leave the relics to the experts.

I'm sorry, Quindy and all you field hunters. It looks like I just don't have what it takes.
I tried, but I just could not get past being disappointed every time it wasn't a 20 dollar gold piece! ;) :dontknow:

2015 (141).jpg
2015 (146).jpg
2015 (147).jpg
2015 (142).jpg
2015 (143).jpg
2015 (144).jpg

I think it says "NY CLOTHINGHOUSE BALTO.MD" :dontknow:

I think I need a good old fashioned clad day! ;)

2015 (145).jpg

Fishy's showing off his new trick. ;)
Fortunately, it doesn't take much to make them happy. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 13

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DCMetal

Jun 3, 2014
Washington, DC
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like finding all of those odds and ends... sometimes they end up telling a story.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice button and lock find!

tmosc

Mar 25, 2015
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd been telling me that ALL WINTER LONG! I was out there for 6 hours today!! I either need a new attitude or a new field! :(

Put in 5 myself today. Tomorrow's the day I find that Seated or Standing or maybe a Large Cent. I've got a GREAT location and it's virgin but tough sledding. I'll just have to keep at it. Good Luck and Happy Hunting !

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All it takes to get that great find is the amount of time it takes to dig it!

I did 5 hours straight of detecting last year, but I'm not sure I can do it this year, getting old is not for the timid! :laughing7:

toddsumm1

Feb 19, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro w/ProPointer/White's DFX 300/White's DFX/White's Eagle Spectrum/Radio Shack (Bounty Hunter)/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might I find some old coinage? Sure! Already have. It's just that cornfields are tough places to walk, let alone hunt! I've already got something from the hunt. I'm ABLE to walk for SIX hours!! LOL It's just that every step is a struggle and that combined with fighting stalks on EVERY SINGLE swing!! For what I turn up??? Naw, just not worth it...to me.

I may still go there, once in a while, but, it wont be my first choice. I would sooner walk around the mansion grounds for 6 hours, even if I don't find a thing. It's simply more fun and easier to do. As far as having a chance at old coinage, I figure that my chances are just as equal in a school, park, church, yard, etc. Maybe even a tad better. Simply because it's easier to walk and swing. I've had enough "WORK" in my life. :dontknow:

Thanks for the kind words !

I hear you loud and clear on the obstacles of corn stalks. Try a sorghum field sometime. Those stalk are unforgiving. Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions