Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saturna said:
mistergee said:
i still dont understand why you wouldnt even dig up or retrieve any of the small shallow treasures and show everyone once and for all. just one picture of you holding a piece of treasure would help.

I suspect that if any Yama treasure hunters actually did find gold, (and assuming they were able to cash it in without corrupt officials, thieves, or any other problems occurring), that you would see many pictures flood this website basically to say TOLD YOU SO and LOOK WHAT I HAVE.
Because "Face" and conspicuous consumption is such a part of Far East culture, they would want you to know they found big, and are now rich men.

With the lack of real treasure found, all you will get is links to questionable websites, equally questionable photos from the web, and lots of stories.

Jay

I suspect if they did find it.

It would Be confiscated & the news would report Only
that it was fake. & destroyed.

& then kept by the corrupt officials.

You can Find many stories of Safes, $100,000.00
bills that "Don't Exist :wink: :wink: " &
Gold Bars by the tons Declared as Fake.

& Declared as Fake by Who ?
The well known so-called "corrupt officials"
Who confiscate it when they Find it
with Treasure Hunters.
can they be Believed ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'm glad there
are no corrupt treasure hunters and/or corrupt officials
Here At treasureNet :coffee2:

:thumbsup: to The Cream of the Crop

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HIO:Just a bit of personl knowledge.

Currupt officials, combined with a large treasure, or even the possibility of one, many times leads to an unexplained disappearance of one or more of the participants.

Unfortunately, I am fully aware of this problem. One of my main reasons for insisting upon "ALL" legal documents for Tayopa. being done and in effect

Don Jose de La Mancha

Don Jose de La Mancha

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A question: who is the person that better know details and data about the treasures hidden in Philippines by Japanese? I am very interested to knowing your opinion.
Also, if you had the possibility to recover some of these treasures which would be?

kaloy

Aug 21, 2005
Detector(s) used
gemini 3, TM 808
Vox veritas said:
A question: who is the person that better know details and data about the treasures hidden in Philippines by Japanese? I am very interested to knowing your opinion.
Also, if you had the possibility to recover some of these treasures which would be?

But of course, the JAPANESE. :coffee2:

DonHouston

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2009
Houston, TX
Hi Gary,

I've been following this thread with some amusement because the response of some does tend to stretch the limits of patience. I think culture and social expectations is partly to be blamed for this. Most Americans want solid evidence/proof, something tangible, before they believe in anything. You see, America is a host to multitudes of scams and scammers of all sorts of sizes, shapes and colors. Not only is it a host, it's also a favorite target for scammers, being the wealthy nation that it is. This has created a generation of cynics.

Unfortunately, we do have our own scam artists, and these do not help the cause of TH at all. In fact, they proliferate not just in the field of treasure-hunting but in almost every strata of society. Wherever one can make a buck, one is bound to discover a scam. But the existence of scammers does not negate the reality of the Yamashita treasure. In fact, it probably strengthens the case for it. For where there is smoke, there must be a fire somewhere.

If people had only enough openmindedness to consider these two things: the book by the Seagraves and the Hawaii court decision against the Marcoses in favor of Rogelio Roxas and heirs...they would conclude that there is something about the Yamashita stories. The Seagraves were not just respected newswriters, they were historians of sort. Their book has been extensively documented and supported, considering all the people named in it. Offering some unsubstantiated allegation sounds like an invitation to a day in court to me. The Hawaii court decision awarding the Roxas family $20 plus million for the theft of their Golden Buddha and gold bars. I don't know of any court in this country that would award that kind of money based on a fantasy.

However, I think we should not worry about skeptics or try to convert them. That should not be our task. Our task should be in trying to help each other succeed. More importantly, should anyone succeed in obtaining those hidden goods, I hope that we remember our economically-reeling country and our suffering countrymen. I pray that we put back something into our country as an expression of our love for it and our patriotism.

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Very truthfully and well stated Mr. SWR..........NGE

DonHouston

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2009
Houston, TX
Thanks for welcoming me to this site, SWR.

By the way, I live in Houston, not the Philippines, but I am a Filipino.

I agree that the juror system is imperfect, but unfortunately, this is what the US uses with which to grind out the wheels of justice. I guess the Judiciary Branch understands that the discernment of a panel of lay people has a lot more merit than the decisions coming from a single judge. This is why the jury system is still the system of choice for a lot of legal issues. Understandably, these jurors may not have as much expertise as the judge when it comes to legal matters. But they are there to weigh the veracity of evidences presented, not interpret matters of law. In other words, their decisions are still based on the evidences presented.

I can also understand the skepticism that a lot of Americans have for anything that is beyond their experience. Skepticism is healthy...but should be utilized prudently.

SWR, I am not someone who readily believes anything anyone says. First of all, I am well-educated and not given to fanciful flights of imagination. Secondly, I am a "man of the cloth." I am human, I admit, and I can be duped. However, I'm pretty good at judging character.

I do believe that there is truth to the Yamashita treasure...and that it wasn't just one big treasure that was looted by Mr. Marcos (God rest his soul), but at least a few hundred deposits of different sizes, scattered all over the archipelago, varying also in different degrees of difficulty with regards to recovery/extraction. I have talked with scores of people in the course of my ministry back home. Many of these were our church members who come from the mountain areas. If you understand our culture, people from the rural/mountain areas have a lot of respect for their minister. It is almost unthinkable for them to lie to their minister. During this time, I have become a repository for some of these secrets which they would have not willingly shared otherwise with anyone else. Nor will I reveal these to anyone here, because I still value their confidence in me.

Now, it may be true that some of these things they shared may have come as a result of their own imagination or they themselves were deceived. But I have gone out for myself to check these assertions, and I have seen with my own eyes some of these "signs" they talk about.

Have I seen a gold bar personally? No I haven't. But does this prove they don't exist, just because no one has apparently shown a real gold bar or two? No, it doesn't. Understand Filipino culture (though I hold that these would be true in other cultures as well). If you have just gotten hold of a cache, you certainly wouldn't want to advertise that there. In the Philippines, people get killed for the price of just a cup of coffee, literally.

There are those who have gotten inexplicably wealthy, though. One such case from our city involved an ordinary fisherman. They were so poor they couldn't even afford to have their own "banca" (outrigger canoe). Then one day, he just started buying fishing vessels and a store in the market selling fish. He now has many properties, a fishing fleet, and other obvious amenities of wealth. Where did he get these? From catching and selling fish? Nah-ah. Everyone here knows that no one has ever gotten rich by working hard as a small time fisherman. The insurmountable socio-economic hurdles that small folk have to overcome ensure that. A businessman friend of mine corroborated his source of wealth. He had been to another city and a wealthy Chinese merchant asked him if he knew this fisherman guy. He said yes and asked why. It seemed the Chinese businessman had been buying matchbox size gold bars from this fisherman, and wanted to purchase more.

There are a lot of people with stories like that. They have no opportunities, no skills, no resources, and no influence. They have absolutely no reason to be wealthy, and yet they inexplicably are. And from the famous lines of a popular TV program here in the US, "The truth is out there somewhere."

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DonHouston said:
Thanks for welcoming me to this site, SWR.

By the way, I live in Houston, not the Philippines, but I am a Filipino.

I agree that the juror system is imperfect, but unfortunately, this is what the US uses with which to grind out the wheels of justice. I guess the Judiciary Branch understands that the discernment of a panel of lay people has a lot more merit than the decisions coming from a single judge. This is why the jury system is still the system of choice for a lot of legal issues. Understandably, these jurors may not have as much expertise as the judge when it comes to legal matters. But they are there to weigh the veracity of evidences presented, not interpret matters of law. In other words, their decisions are still based on the evidences presented.

I can also understand the skepticism that a lot of Americans have for anything that is beyond their experience. Skepticism is healthy...but should be utilized prudently.

SWR, I am not someone who readily believes anything anyone says. First of all, I am well-educated and not given to fanciful flights of imagination. Secondly, I am a "man of the cloth." I am human, I admit, and I can be duped. However, I'm pretty good at judging character.

I do believe that there is truth to the Yama--deleted--a treasure...and that it wasn't just one big treasure that was looted by Mr. Marcos (God rest his soul), but at least a few hundred deposits of different sizes, scattered all over the archipelago, varying also in different degrees of difficulty with regards to recovery/extraction. I have talked with scores of people in the course of my ministry back home. Many of these were our church members who come from the mountain areas. If you understand our culture, people from the rural/mountain areas have a lot of respect for their minister. It is almost unthinkable for them to lie to their minister. During this time, I have become a repository for some of these secrets which they would have not willingly shared otherwise with anyone else. Nor will I reveal these to anyone here, because I still value their confidence in me.

Now, it may be true that some of these things they shared may have come as a result of their own imagination or they themselves were deceived. But I have gone out for myself to check these assertions, and I have seen with my own eyes some of these "signs" they talk about.

Have I seen a gold bar personally? No I haven't. But does this prove they don't exist, just because no one has apparently shown a real gold bar or two? No, it doesn't. Understand Filipino culture (though I hold that these would be true in other cultures as well). If you have just gotten hold of a cache, you certainly wouldn't want to advertise that there. In the Philippines, people get killed for the price of just a cup of coffee, literally.

There are those who have gotten inexplicably wealthy, though. One such case from our city involved an ordinary fisherman. They were so poor they couldn't even afford to have their own "banca" (outrigger canoe). Then one day, he just started buying fishing vessels and a store in the market selling fish. He now has many properties, a fishing fleet, and other obvious amenities of wealth. Where did he get these? From catching and selling fish? Nah-ah. Everyone here knows that no one has ever gotten rich by working hard as a small time fisherman. The insurmountable socio-economic hurdles that small folk have to overcome ensure that. A businessman friend of mine corroborated his source of wealth. He had been to another city and a wealthy Chinese merchant asked him if he knew this fisherman guy. He said yes and asked why. It seemed the Chinese businessman had been buying matchbox size gold bars from this fisherman, and wanted to purchase more.

There are a lot of people with stories like that. They have no opportunities, no skills, no resources, and no influence. They have absolutely no reason to be wealthy, and yet they inexplicably are. And from the famous lines of a popular TV program here in the US, "The truth is out there somewhere."

Welcome to Tnet.

I too having been following this thread & would like to believe it. We, as treasure hunters would all like to believe it, but I think you have now explained why you believe. As in life there are those that believe/have faith without seeing or feeling & those that will never believe/have faith, even sometimes if the did see. Its the difference between an open mind & a closed one. Your faith in the after life gives you the open mind which doesn't need pictures. Many on here of a more scientific mind need more than just pictures. I'm still somewhat undecided on this one, as I like to have faith in the stories & I like an impossible mystery. I'm openminded & think that nearly anything is possible & only a small fraction of our existance can be explained by the top brains of this world. However I would never sink $1 into such a story. If I lived locally I might help dig for free, & why not. You find nothing at home talking about it. Equally if I thought I had something, I would be digging & not putting a word on here.

DonHouston

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2009
Houston, TX
Hi Crusader.

That's funny...people of faith are considered close-minded here in the US. But anyway, it's not because I have faith that I believe in these things. It's because I have seen things that just cannot be explained away, unless it were in the context of something like the Yama.s.h.i.t.a treasure.

To be sure, don't put your money on just anyone who claims to have a Japanese treasure map, or one who supposedly knows where one is...same thing is true in life. Check out the facts first. I would advise you to do the same when it comes to this issue...if ever on the remotest possibility you would consider it.

Thing is, I don't really care if foreigners don't believe it exists. In fact, it may be better that way. I know that a lot of these Filipino TH folks are ill-equipped and ill-financed. The more foreign TH's who stay off our fields, the lesser the competition.

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
DonHouston said:
Most Americans want solid evidence/proof, something tangible, before they believe in anything. You see, America is a host to multitudes of scams and scammers of all sorts of sizes, shapes and colors. Not only is it a host, it's also a favorite target for scammers, being the wealthy nation that it is.

Although America (actually, the West in general) does have it's scam artists, I would consider it much more of a target for scammers than a base.
The bases for scammers seem to be overrepresented in Africa, Asia, Russia, SE Asia, etc. Ever hear of Nigeria?

There are a lot of people with stories like that. They have no opportunities, no skills, no resources, and no influence. They have absolutely no reason to be wealthy, and yet they inexplicably are

These kinds of stories are completely unverifiable by anyone reading this forum, and therefore should be considered irrelevant.

Jay

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saturna said:
DonHouston said:
Most Americans want solid evidence/proof, something tangible, before they believe in anything. You see, America is a host to multitudes of scams and scammers of all sorts of sizes, shapes and colors. Not only is it a host, it's also a favorite target for scammers, being the wealthy nation that it is.

Although America (actually, the West in general) does have it's scam artists, I would consider it much more of a target for scammers than a base.
The bases for scammers seem to be overrepresented in Africa, Asia, Russia, SE Asia, etc. Ever hear of Nigeria?

There are a lot of people with stories like that. They have no opportunities, no skills, no resources, and no influence. They have absolutely no reason to be wealthy, and yet they inexplicably are

These kinds of stories are completely unverifiable by anyone reading this forum, and therefore should be considered irrelevant.

Jay

A fisherman can also net things of an older nature & therefore could be ancient treasure (and not more modern) which made him rich (if true).
Many poor UK workmen have dug treasure by accident, more so than an Archaeologist will ever find. That IS a fact.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Enjoy!!!
Annmarie

Attachments

• 3-12-2009 6-42-16 PM.jpg
    3-12-2009 6-42-16 PM.jpg
    358.6 KB · Views: 1,024
  • 3-12-2009 6-09-31 PM.jpg
    3-12-2009 6-09-31 PM.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 955
  • 3-12-2009 6-12-55 PM.jpg
    3-12-2009 6-12-55 PM.jpg
    391.2 KB · Views: 2,061
  • 3-12-2009 6-19-51 PM.jpg
    3-12-2009 6-19-51 PM.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 1,737
  • 3-12-2009 6-22-17 PM.jpg
    3-12-2009 6-22-17 PM.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 3,287
  • 3-12-2009 6-26-02 PM.jpg
    3-12-2009 6-26-02 PM.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 2,182

DonHouston

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2009
Houston, TX
Hello again SWR,

Was the $22B judgment against the Marcoses reversed? Yes it was. I agree with you on that. The Hawaii Supreme Court reversed this judgment on November 17, 1998, because of the insufficiency of evidence...regarding the quantity and quality of the gold that remained in unopened boxes in the tunnel where they were left by Roxas but which were purportedly confiscated by the Marcoses. The $22B judgment included those treasures that remained unopened. Naturally, no one knew what were in those boxes that remained, therefore no judgment could be assessed against what remained unknown.

However, the Supreme Court remanded this case to the lower court, modifying the judgment, by attaching a penalty of $6 M against the Marcoses for the harm suffered by Mr. Roxas while incarcerated, PLUS whatever the lower court would decide on what the value of the Golden Buddha was and the 17 gold bars that were already in Roxas' possession, which were also confiscated by the Marcoses, and converted to currency. So, on February 28, 2000, the trial court conducted a hearing to determine the value of the Golden Buddha and the 17 bars of gold which amounted to $13,275,848.37. This was what the Marcoses had to pay instead of the $22B. This judgment was finally affirmed by the Hawaii Supreme Court in on November 25, 2005.

The Hawaii Supreme Court did not dispute the existence of the cache, but just an insufficiency of evidence as to the "quantity and quality" of the gold. Notice also that the Supreme Court affirmed the existence of the Golden Buddha and at least 17 bars of gold.

DAS7NY

Jun 6, 2008
Re: Yama#@!$%#@!a treasure in Mindanao, Philippines

garyv_bautista said:
:D To GT, If we follow the guidelines of Robert Cordova about the WW2 treasure seal, hope and maybe the deep will be 75 ft. based on the 50F engraved on the stone markers ( fish and frog), The 50F is a 50 ft. I can proved that the 50ft. started at the water level to the cement and the cement guide was .5 to 5 meters (15 ft.). Maybe, the total to reach the treasure cache will be 75 ft. from the ground level to the cement is 60 ft. And maybe the treasure is directly to the point of the arrow not on the side. Our treasure site is a triple deposits based on the 3 holes on the surface stone marker found.. maybe the second deposit site buried is a Buddha.( as per treasure locator who was trained by Japanese treasure hunter).

This Yama guy must've been pretty paranoid about his treasure if he buried it that deep. Maybe he just never wanted it back? ??? ??? ???

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Gary: I am not interested in participating but do enjoy reading your
posts. Do you know or have you investigated the geological records
to determine what rock formations are beneath the Islands? Such as
granite, basalt, etc. I'm wondering if at the depths you mention could
you have reached the "floor" that supports the Islands? lastleg

DonHouston

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2009
Houston, TX
Hi SWR,

Yeah I saw that article for which you have provided a link. It is only a "summary" of notable cases and statistics from the USDOJ Bulletin, and not the actual Hawaii Supreme Court document itself. Let me give you excerpts from the actual Hawaii Supreme Court brief which I have cut and pasted verbatim from the paper itself. I hope I'm not infringing on some copyright law or something. This are just the points which are relevant to our discussion. The ... (three dots) indicate all the verbiage I have ommitted. All the emphasis are mine.

IN THE SUPREME COURT OF THE STATE OF HAWAI`I
ROGER ROXAS and THE GOLDEN BUDHA CORPORATION, a foreign corporation, Plaintiffs-Appellees/Cross-Appellants,
v. FERDINAND E. MARCOS and IMELDA MARCOS,
Defendants-Appellants/Cross-Appellees
NO. 20606
APPEAL FROM THE FIRST CIRCUIT COURT
(CIV. NO. 88-0522-02)
NOVEMBER 17, 1998

“...G. There Was Sufficient Evidence To Support The Jury's Special Finding That Ferdinand Converted The Treasure That Roxas Found.
1. There was sufficient evidence that the raid on Roxas's home was illegal.

2. There was sufficient evidence to support the jury's determination that Roxas "found" the treasure pursuant to Philippine law.

H. There Was Sufficient Evidence To Support The Jury's Special Finding That Ferdinand Caused Roxas To Be Falsely Imprisoned.

I. There Was Insufficient Evidence To Support The Jury's Damage Award Pertaining To The Value Of The Gold Bars Allegedly Contained In The Unopened Boxes Found Near The Golden Buddha...”

As I was originally saying, the court had not doubt as to the treasure's existence, just the value of the "gold bars that were supposedly in the unopened boxes."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread