Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Folks, I've held off for a few weeks on posting my recent finds from a Yankee CW camp. I was invited to go hunt it with a buddy (Glenn) that had recently discovered it. Unfortunately, I didn't get to start hunting it until days after the spot was found. :( Long story short, by that time some uninvited detectorists soon found out about the spot and started attacking it. Although it is not private property, I guess common courtesy and ethics were tossed out the window when greed is involved. :nono: They then invited more friends too, so what was a private spot one week earlier soon became a race for relics. It looked like a bunch of wild hogs had rooted the place up when they were done. This has gone on for a few weeks now and the CW relics are now scarce.
I felt bad for Glenn because he has just gotten into detecting, did his research, and had just discovered the spot a few days earlier. He made some great recoveries before these clowns swooped in. I'm sure they made some great finds too, but we will never know.
Here's Glenn's post:http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,441975.0.html
As you can see he did fantastic! :thumbsup:

Here is what I was able to recover using my Tesoro Silver uMax.
*1847 LC * Flying Eagle cent (my first ever) * Eagle button * Eagle "I" button *Gold gilt officers button with "John N. Dale" back mark * Colonial button * Twenty four 3-ringers * 6 Williams Cleaners * Carved bullets * Camp lead * Knapsack hook * Scabbard tip * Rein guide * Iron relics (doing electrolysis now).

Thanks for looking,
MM

Attachments

• MVC-154S.JPG
    MVC-154S.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,833
  • MVC-155S.JPG
    MVC-155S.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,852
  • MVC-156S.JPG
    MVC-156S.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,849
  • MVC-157S.JPG
    MVC-157S.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,841
  • MVC-158S.JPG
    MVC-158S.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,848
  • MVC-153S.JPG
    MVC-153S.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 449
Upvote 0
OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
joeyfresh said:
Great relics and an awesome display. congrats!!

Thanks Joey.
I like making displays with my relics. :thumbsup:
-MM-

James from TN

Apr 26, 2010
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hate that happened to you and Glenn. You were still able to recover some nice relics but what could have been found if it were only you and Glenn hunting the camp we will never know.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
James from TN said:
I hate that happened to you and Glenn. You were still able to recover some nice relics but what could have been found if it were only you and Glenn hunting the camp we will never know.

Thanks James.
Those two clowns even had the nerve to tell Glenn, "don't tell Doug about this site, let's keep it to ourselves.". Then the very next day they brought another one of their friends to the site! Total scumbags.
-Doug-

U

umrgolf

Greed is disgusting. :angry7:

Your finds are awesome. :headbang:

Merry Christmas :icon_thumright:

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
tapoutking said:
Are those a$$clowns on this site? If so, out them here.
:thumbsup: inquiring minds wanna know :thumbsup:

awesome finds and that display looks gorgeous! love the map in the middle :headbang:

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not bad for a Jack Wagon!! I have been fortunate to get a day by day report on your hunts and Glenn is RUINED. Virgin sites are rare these days. Now, he'll expect hunts like trhat every time. The only thing that will reoccur regularly is the dern POACHERS. You did your usual great job (Best on Tnet) on your display. You guys had a Banner worthy hunt. HH, Q.

Bell

Jan 13, 2011
Awesome finds guys! And a very cool display. I also want to know if the potlickers are anyone we know. If they are on here, they will have the chance to give their side of the story.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bell said:
Awesome finds guys! And a very cool display. I also want to know if the potlickers are anyone we know. If they are on here, they will have the chance to give their side of the story.

Not sure if they are on Tnet? I doubt it. I think they post on Poachers Paradise ?
Thanks,
MM

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never tell about what I find on public land until I am done hunting the spot. I am sorry for you great guys to have this happen to you. Unfortunately even scum can swing detectors.

Burdie

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hunt a Camp right now that has had that same thing happen Doug :( Sad part about it is the guy who showed these other guy's was casted to the curb as well. Friggin A-Hole's out there!!Definetly some awesome find's,and Congrat's on the F.E. :thumbsup: Post some close up's of the carve's!!!

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
civilman1 said:
I hunt a Camp right now that has had that same thing happen Doug :( Sad part about it is the guy who showed these other guy's was casted to the curb as well. Friggin A-Hole's out there!!Definetly some awesome find's,and Congrat's on the F.E. :thumbsup: Post some close up's of the carve's!!!

Thanks Joe.
I felt bad that Glenn did all that research, and didn't get to benefit from it as much as he should have been able to. I go by there in the morning on the way to work before it's even light out and see trucks parked there now hidden behind the bushes. :angry5:
As mentioned, the guy was trespassing earlier in the week at a few other private spots. I remember the other guy from the local detecting club I had joined years ago. I only went to a few of the meetings because it was just a lot of guys looking to buddy up and hunt my spots. I say get out and find your own d-mn spots!
May the same thing happen to them some day. :thumbsup:

The carved bullets I always love finding, and FINALLY some pre-CW coins! :hello2:
Good luck out in the yard & field at your new house. You have been tearing it up over there. :occasion14:
-Dug-

Burdie said:
I never tell about what I find on public land until I am done hunting the spot. I am sorry for you great guys to have this happen to you. Unfortunately even scum can swing detectors.

Burdie

Thanks Stan.
Happy holidays to you Big Guy. :thumbsup:
-Dug-

RTDE3 said:
Great finds Bud! :headbang:
I'm glad you guys got some good stuff out of there before the bad guys showed up.
Sweet display as always! :thumbsup:

Thanks Rob. I'm glad I was able to supply Glenn with the missing piece of the puzzle to find that spot. He really is a stand up guy and heavy into the research.
Cheers Buddy,
Dug

Dman said:
Nice bunch of relics.
Congrats
Dman

Thanks D.
Make sure Quindy get his stocking stuffed with coal again this year. :laughing9:
-Dug-

jewelerguy said:
very cool relics :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks JG.

VOL1266-X said:
Not bad for a Jack Wagon!! I have been fortunate to get a day by day report on your hunts and Glenn is RUINED. Virgin sites are rare these days. Now, he'll expect hunts like trhat every time. The only thing that will reoccur regularly is the dern POACHERS. You did your usual great job (Best on Tnet) on your display. You guys had a Banner worthy hunt. HH, Q.

Thanks Q.
You could tell on the phone I was excited about the new spot. Thanks for the help with the ID's. :thumbsup:
-Dug Claus-

HEAVYMETALNUT said:
tapoutking said:
Are those a$$clowns on this site? If so, out them here.
:thumbsup: inquiring minds wanna know :thumbsup:

awesome finds and that display looks gorgeous! love the map in the middle :headbang:

Thanks HMN.
No idea if those guys are on this site. :dontknow: Lets just say I've never seen them post. We don't need their kind on Tnet believe me. :violent1:
Happy holidays,
Dug

umrgolf said:
Greed is disgusting. :angry7:

Your finds are awesome. :headbang:

Merry Christmas :icon_thumright:

Thanks Jeff. :thumbsup:
-Dug-

wilkere said:
Nice finds! Must be some of Sherman's boys gear, I reckon.
Not many undiscovered camps down this way round New Bern.
http://www.okinawarelics.com

Yeah, Sherman was in this area before the big surrender at Bennett Place.
http://www.nchistoricsites.org/bennett/

-Dug-

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great saves MM. I hate that the camp was comprimised. That place could kept some busy for a long time.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
birdman said:
Great saves MM. I hate that the camp was compromised. That place could kept some busy for a long time.

I agree, and it should have been Glenn enjoying it, not the vultures.
Between Glenn and I, we'll find another spot. :thumbsup:

-MM-

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, but too bad about others messing up the area.
How did the vultures get word of the site? Did it come from a post off this net?
Got to be careful what is put on this, or any net, BEFORE THE HUNT.
Had the same thing happen here in South Korea.....I found out about a place in the hills where the Koreans
rested/lost coins, etc. Told my best friend about it. He ( no problem with him) told one of his coworkers.
They formed a club, and hunted the places for several years. (That was in the 1980's) I stumbled across a site
where they had been just last weekend!!!! Great possible site, but totally worked out. Wish I hadn't told my friend
about the sites, but.....that's history.
Keep doing the research. There have got to be a few other unworked/unfound sites around. You'll do it, while the
poachers are too fat and lazy to do their own research. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread