Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Folks, I've held off for a few weeks on posting my recent finds from a Yankee CW camp. I was invited to go hunt it with a buddy (Glenn) that had recently discovered it. Unfortunately, I didn't get to start hunting it until days after the spot was found. :( Long story short, by that time some uninvited detectorists soon found out about the spot and started attacking it. Although it is not private property, I guess common courtesy and ethics were tossed out the window when greed is involved. :nono: They then invited more friends too, so what was a private spot one week earlier soon became a race for relics. It looked like a bunch of wild hogs had rooted the place up when they were done. This has gone on for a few weeks now and the CW relics are now scarce.
I felt bad for Glenn because he has just gotten into detecting, did his research, and had just discovered the spot a few days earlier. He made some great recoveries before these clowns swooped in. I'm sure they made some great finds too, but we will never know.
Here's Glenn's post:http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,441975.0.html
As you can see he did fantastic! :thumbsup:

Here is what I was able to recover using my Tesoro Silver uMax.
*1847 LC * Flying Eagle cent (my first ever) * Eagle button * Eagle "I" button *Gold gilt officers button with "John N. Dale" back mark * Colonial button * Twenty four 3-ringers * 6 Williams Cleaners * Carved bullets * Camp lead * Knapsack hook * Scabbard tip * Rein guide * Iron relics (doing electrolysis now).

Thanks for looking,
MM

Attachments

• MVC-154S.JPG
    MVC-154S.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,833
  • MVC-155S.JPG
    MVC-155S.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,852
  • MVC-156S.JPG
    MVC-156S.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,849
  • MVC-157S.JPG
    MVC-157S.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,841
  • MVC-158S.JPG
    MVC-158S.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,848
  • MVC-153S.JPG
    MVC-153S.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 449
Upvote 0
OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VOL1266-X said:
Hey Dug, did you find any more info. on the button with 4 holes in it? Share the info. to date that you with everyone again have as I had never seen one like it. HH, Q.

Q-
Nothing other than what what Montana Jim and Mack were able to supply my in the What Is It section:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,440343.0.html

Jim posted a great photo on a similar button he had dug with the eagle missing, but you can still see the outline. :thumbsup:
I went back and dug out where I found the button hoping to find the missing eagle that may have been attached, but no luck. :(
It's still a prized button in my collection thought knowing that it was considered a high $ button that an officer would have worn.
I've been pretty lucky in my short detecting career having found a few relics from both sides (NC buckle / CSN button/ & this button) that would have belonged to CW officers. :thumbsup: Still need to find a US plate still. ;D
Good luck in 2012 Q.
-Dug-

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Fun & fruitful Hunt!
thanks for posting...
I am so dissappointed at what has happened to my sites I'm no longer posting finds,
my own fault, I was specifically warned in a pM I was being stalked :o
Gave too much info.
I'll get over it and start posting again someday. HH to Ya! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
steelheadwill said:
Fun & fruitful Hunt!
thanks for posting...
I am so dissappointed at what has happened to my sites I'm no longer posting finds,
Gave too much info.

Herbie,
That sucks!!! Leaches that are too lazy to find their own spots. :occasion14:
I just set out some bear traps at my spots. :thumbsup:
Good luck in 2012 Big Guy.
-Doug-

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
steelheadwill said:
Fun & fruitful Hunt!
thanks for posting...
Gave too much info.

Yep,thats why I dont post :thumbsup:

Tom Bigbee

Feb 17, 2009
Miss/ Ala
Detector(s) used
1266X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, Good job with the UMax. I have been using a Silver Sabre, it's predecessor, for 20 years and it loves lead. Nice coins!

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom Bigbee said:
Hey, Good job with the UMax. I have been using a Silver Sabre, it's predecessor, for 20 years and it loves lead. Nice coins!

Thanks Tom. :thumbsup: Tesoro makes some great machines.
I just bought a Vaquero, but haven't taken it out of the box yet. :laughing7:
-MM-

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ModernMiner said:
steelheadwill said:
Fun & fruitful Hunt!
thanks for posting...
Gave too much info.

Herbie,
That sucks!!! Leaches that are too lazy to find their own spots. :occasion14:
I just set out some bear traps at my spots. :thumbsup:
Good luck in 2012 Big Guy.
-Doug-
bear traps :laughing9: lmao :icon_scratch: I prefer booby traps and claymores a p's but what's been happening lately is I get it ALL and leave them the scraps . Hey Herbie I was wondering what happened .. sorry to hear your turf was raided by stinkin; mud suckers :o

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job on the display Doug....It's a shame the clowns from Raleigh came in and disrespected you guys like that. This is the same guy that tried to con me out of a detector recently...If he doesn't send my money for it, I'm going to have to put his name out here on the Naughty list for the World to see... :laughing7: I assure you there is a great spot waiting for you soon buddy. Great looking finds Doug

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woodland Detectors said:
Nice job on the display Doug....It's a shame the clowns from Raleigh came in and disrespected you guys like that. This is the same guy that tried to con me out of a detector recently...If he doesn't send my money for it, I'm going to have to put his name out here on the Naughty list for the World to see... :laughing7: I assure you there is a great spot waiting for you soon buddy. Great looking finds Doug

Thanks Mike.
I still can't believe the nerve of that guy screwing you over on the detector deal. His day will come. :nono:
I can't stand a thief! :angry5:

Have fun next week,
Doug

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FANTASTIC awesome finds Doug! Major ^5's & Congrats! As I said on Glenn's post, I'm sorry your sight was taken over by greedy poachers. People never cease to amaze me.

Woodland Detectors said:

Mike

Mike, this blows me away! You mean the same greedy guy that took over D's spot is the same person who bought a detector from you and hasn't paid??? Shaking my head, Breezie

Tsondru

Oct 19, 2011
Soquel, California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 240
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I rejoice at your great finds Glenn and MM and your cool display of them.

From what I have seen of the world, karma eventually catches up with folks that are driven by greed like that.

One does have to be careful about what one says where and to whom to keep sites protected that is for sure.

Hope 2012 is a great year for you

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Breezie said:
FANTASTIC awesome finds Doug! Major ^5's & Congrats! As I said on Glenn's post, I'm sorry your sight was taken over by greedy poachers. People never cease to amaze me.

Woodland Detectors said:

Mike

Mike, this blows me away! You mean the same greedy guy that took over D's spot is the same person who bought a detector from you and hasn't paid??? Shaking my head, Breezie

Thanks Breezie.
Yep, that's the same guy. And the same guy that was on my PRIVATE spot and neighboring property ILLEGALLY without permission. Just goes to show you the type of person he is. We'll get the word around, believe me. :thumbsup:
-Doug-

Tsondru said:
I rejoice at your great finds Glenn and MM and your cool display of them.

From what I have seen of the world, karma eventually catches up with folks that are driven by greed like that.

One does have to be careful about what one says where and to whom to keep sites protected that is for sure.

Hope 2012 is a great year for you

Thanks Tsondru. :thumbsup:
Very much appreciated.
-Doug-

MKnTenn

Jul 30, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm late to respond but I'm glad you found some relics before they are all gone from there. It's a shame the spot was found out by other hunters, but with the hard times we are having now I'm surprised there is not 100 people out there. That has happened alot over the years. HH

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Hey Doug, Nice finds as usual! I dang near missed it cause I am enjoying the heat down south myself. I should find a pit to dig while enjoying the suncoast! :tongue3:

As far as the poachers go, I will send my brothers in blue down your way and hook em up for ya :evil5: Here is the trespass notice and a UFC arse whoopin to boot! Its just wrong to do what some idiots do. I hate that. At least ya grabbed up some great finds. The displays are cool as to be expected by you! Congrats all the way around buddy. :icon_thumleft: jgas

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ModernMiner said:
deano said:
Awesome relics!!! Too bad you don't have some pics of the poachers to post.

Thanks Deano.
The police may have a picture if they get caught on my spot again. :icon_thumleft: :laughing9:
-MM-

RiverRat3 said:
Nice finds. Those who trespass on private property destroy the hobby for all of us. We asked permission once and the owner was first hesitant about giving permission because of those who chose to trespass in the past. We were able to get permission but I'm waiting to be told we cant hunt anymore cause someone else see's us detecting and goes there on their own. Great finds and I'm sure you will find many more relics. Those who hop all over the place and are never satisfied never give a true spot the time and attention it should.

Thanks RR.
That's exactly why I couldn't detect a prime CW spot close to this Yankee camp. Turns out some idiots detected there before and didn't fill in their holes. :violent1: Ruined it for the next guy.
-MM-

CMDiamonddawg said:
Can't add much to what's been already said but at least ya got a piece of the action . My Grandma , would say , " the Devil will get them sons of B!T@#&$ " :laughing7: Merry Christmas and Best to you for 2012 from dawgville and I read somewhere/// you taught Quindy everything he knows ... nice work :wink: young fella does really we!! :thumbsup: :D

Ya gotta love Grandma. Those old folks tell it like it is. :laughing9:
Speaking of old timers, it's true, I taught Quindy everything he knows about detecting. He's still learning, but we have high hopes for him. :hello2: :laughing9:
Have a good one Dawg,
Dug

TheGeorgiaCanuck said:
The property owner needs to go full out and get the trespasser charged by the police. Maybe that might kick a bit of sense into his head.

He deserves to get caught. Especially sneaking on to properties at night! I mean really, what kind of person does that? :dontknow: :nono:

{Sentinel} said:
Good Job Doug, I like what you did with the case, looks really nice! That's unfortunate about those "Diggers" that raided his site....that's seems to be happening more and more these

days and it is really low. Congrats on the finds man :occasion14: :wink:

Thanks Josh. Where the heck have you been? :icon_scratch:
Happy Holidays Dude!
-Dug-

Gilligan said:
You are kicking some yankee butt with that Umax, Doug! Keep up with the finds. I have had bronchitis for 2 weeks and have been knocked off the detecting map. Great finds, Bryan in Goldsboro

Get better Bryan. You got to stop running around in the cold naked. :o :tongue3: :laughing9:
Believe it or not, after 5 years my Silver uMax just started acting up. I need to send it in for a tuneup. I just bought a Vaquero, so I'll need to learn that machine now. :thumbsup:
Take care Buddy,
Doug

Hutch911 said:
Nice finds Buddy!! I know what you mean about people taking over a spot. I had a guy stop by and just walk in the filed to talk and the next weekend he and 5 other people where there.

Hutch, that totally sucks. What the "H" are people thinking? Greedy pieces of crappe'.
Hoping to finally meet you in the spring at the RR hunt. I'll be joining Mike. :thumbsup:
-Dug-

shanegalang said:
Awesome hunt! an I thought I was finding a lot! :) Merry Christmas :)

From what we hear, you ARE finding a lot. :laughing9:
Merry Christmas to you too. :thumbsup:
-MM-

nova said:
It is getting tougher by the day to find a spot that hasn't been mauled. When I first started this hobby 14 years ago I would have no problem coming home with keepers now I am lucky too find a wheat cent.

LOL. I hear ya Nova. It's getting tough out there. That's why when a decent guy like Glenn does all the research and finds a new CW spot, he deserves to reap the rewards, not those slugs. I hope he finds another good spot. :thumbsup:
Take care,
Doug

Hey Man, I'm going to explain on my post tonight where I've been. The last 2 months plus I've had hardly ANY time for digging or posting (just as BuckleBoy as he can relate) because of Graduate School. IT is very tough and a full time job. I've finished it up finally however a few days ago and will be back and posting as normal starting with my last couple hunts tonight or tomorrow. Nice digs again man!

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Josh. Congrats to you on getting your degree. :occasion18: We were wondering where you went. :dontknow:
Can I now call you "Smarty Pants"? :laughing9:
-Dug-

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MKnTenn said:
I'm late to respond but I'm glad you found some relics before they are all gone from there. It's a shame the spot was found out by other hunters, but with the hard times we are having now I'm surprised there is not 100 people out there. That has happened alot over the years. HH

Thanks MK. :thumbsup:
-Doug-

jgas said:
Hey Doug, Nice finds as usual! I dang near missed it cause I am enjoying the heat down south myself. I should find a pit to dig while enjoying the suncoast! :tongue3:

As far as the poachers go, I will send my brothers in blue down your way and hook em up for ya :evil5: Here is the trespass notice and a UFC arse whoopin to boot! Its just wrong to do what some idiots do. I hate that. At least ya grabbed up some great finds. The displays are cool as to be expected by you! Congrats all the way around buddy. :icon_thumleft: jgas

Where are you at down South? I have a few old privys for you to dig. :thumbsup:
Maybe we could toss the poachers in there before it gets filled back up? Hmmmmm. :icon_scratch:
Enjoy your vacation. I hear Indiana is getting a bit nippy. :tongue3:
-Doug-

jamesbibb said:
fantastic relics Doug Congrats

Thanks James. :occasion14:
-Dug-

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have I ever mentioned that a LC is on my list? :tongue3: And do you think you could swing by and put all my relics together and make them look as fabulous as your collection? ;D I'd buy lunch.
Awesome finds! Hope the poachers get what they deserve. :violent1:

Nana :-*

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana40 said:
Have I ever mentioned that a LC is on my list? :tongue3: And do you think you could swing by and put all my relics together and make them look as fabulous as your collection? ;D I'd buy lunch.
Awesome finds! Hope the poachers get what they deserve. :violent1:

Nana :-*

Thanks Nana.
I would gladly swing by and put your relic displays together for a few hand me down dresses. :love1: :laughing9:
I remember how long it took me to finally find an LC. They have been an elusive coin to me even after all the old properties I detect at. I think I've only dug 3 or 4 now so far. Only two with dates.
2012 will be YOUR year. :headbang:
-Dug-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread