yeahh

trevmma

Bronze Member
May 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very exited but not going to be hurt if not real, 3 inches. traded a buch of old bottles for it, dont care about bottles so its a win win. what do you guys think?
IMG_0383-1.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

Upvote 0

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
My opinion, take it for what it's costing you..lol. First, the deposits on it mean absolutely nothing to me, because they are so easily replicated. However, I cannot find anything about the point that makes me assume it's bad. I hope you got a flint goodie there guy... :icon_sunny:

Rockiologist

Sep 7, 2010
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
eye
That's looks like a nice one. Looks to ground up both sides of the base. The only thing that I caught is the second photo top edge looks like it might have been resharpened? The patina looks a little lighter than the rest to me. I'm no expert though and I would have traded for it! Did they have any more you can get for old bottles?

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
. yes looks like some reflaking done on top side close to tip, between tip and dark y in center of point, but i think it is old may be just be before it was lost.. Rock what you called lighter patina i think was the bright lite he was using to take photo with . look at first photo's background how the lite shines.. Terry

Rockiologist

Sep 7, 2010
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
eye
Could be. That was the area that looked reworked though. I usually dint chime in on stuff like that. I'm just a rookie in types, ids and all that kind of stuff but I figured if I didn't start I would never know if I was right!

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
you were right on with your last statement Rock.. i am new at naming types and am off target to offen to suite me.. Terry

Rockiologist

Sep 7, 2010
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
eye
tmodel said:
Rock!! what typing source do you use to name your points. thank you. TERRY

T-Net! lol

Other than that I just look at links others have posted. Why did I call one wrong? Just started so I probably did!

ohioaxeman

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2007
sandusky, ohio
rock... T-net has become my main source also...LOL.... TREVMMA... I like it, and would of traded for it also. If you didn't procure that, it may of fetched thousands on e-bay. Then.... :BangHead:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They reworked a point constantly sometimes down to a nub. Nothing looks recent on it. I have found points that were reworked and the patina was diffrent. Maybe a later culture?
Nice trade!

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see the light in that photo illuminating the top of the piece where Rock thought he saw re-chip. Nice Clovis and I think maybe you got a good trade on that one. I do not see anything wrong with it. Consistent patination, no loose hinge fractures, Potential mineralization under hinge. I would have traded some bottles for it!!!!...........................I want to know if it is good or not!!! It looks ok to me!! How about some more photo's of the blade edge, the base, and the other side. I would love to see them more close up..............................................GTP :icon_thumleft:

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
NO Rock! i do not know that you have. i though you were getting upset with me about disagreeing with you about the the patina or lite on the top edge of the point in this thread.. you were right on when you said, if we did not post we would never know if we were right or not.

Rockiologist

Sep 7, 2010
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
eye
Oh no! Sorry if I came across that way. Im on here and all the links you guys and gals put up way to much. Especially since we moved here and hunting does not exist. Never knew how good I had it! But had we never moved I probably wpould never got on the internet to get my fix and learn what I have the past year!

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
Thank you for responding so quicky!! just paranoid on my part. sense starting posting i have been wearing about up setting some body.. things do not get typed to sound the way i meant them but i do not catch my slips untill [2or3] days later if at all.... Terry

Rockiologist

Sep 7, 2010
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
eye
Heck the only way I catch anyhting I do wrong is if the wife points it out. Guess you guys are just had she don't check this one for me. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread