Upvote 0

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
too cool, you paid for lunch! :D digging anything besides pulltabs and tin foil is exciting! hehe :D

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job! I am amazed at how much money people seem capable of losing. (Not that I'm complaining.) :)

HH

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great day in my book! Awesome finds.

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bunch of coins, found detecting or picked up off the ground. Heck the ones you picked up don't need cleaned, you can use them right away. I'm sure you are going to clean the other finds before spending them. A good tumbler is a must in this hobby. I'm always picking up stuff off the ground, such as arrowheads, clay marbles, $20 bills, you name it.

HH, Ringfinder

AxeMan

Mar 10, 2007
Lombard, IL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
Great finds, I also like to point out the same thing some one pointed out on a similar find I had about 6.00 in clad. Where are all the Nickels? Your Nickel Ratio to other coins are lower. Are we passing up Nickels because the 'tone' the same as pull tabs? Just a question to all. Anyway great job now go back and do it again

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
AxeMan said:
Great finds, I also like to point out the same thing some one pointed out on a similar find I had about 6.00 in clad. Where are all the Nickels? Your Nickel Ratio to other coins are lower. Are we passing up Nickels because the 'tone' the same as pull tabs? Just a question to all. Anyway great job now go back and do it again

Actually on the dfx the nickels usually hit on the vdi reading on my dfx around 18 or 19, even if moving coil the spread might be 16 to 24. My pulltabs usually give a broken signal or the reading pops above 24 and goes in the 26 area. So I try to dig as many nickels as I can, the other day I did have 11 nickels. I don't think I have ever had more nickels then quarters though.

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
ringfinder said:
Nice bunch of coins, found detecting or picked up off the ground. Heck the ones you picked up don't need cleaned, you can use them right away. I'm sure you are going to clean the other finds before spending them. A good tumbler is a must in this hobby. I'm always picking up stuff off the ground, such as arrowheads, clay marbles, $20 bills, you name it.

HH, Ringfinder

Funny you mentioned finding a twenty, I just read a post where someone found a $100 bill in a cigarette pack....now I am watching them also! Also I have read about people finding money stuck to fences.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
If you found all that clad in under 2.5 hours, I'd say you had the DFX smoking. No jewelry or other finds, the DFX is great on jewelry too. Or did you discriminate that out to consintrate on coins.

My machine screams on nickles (the GB-2). I contraplated on purchasing the DFX. But when I air tested it on small gold bracelets and rings that I had found with the GB-2, it wouldn't detect them. I know the DFX is a great machine, but my quest is for gold and most of the gold out there is small. So I'm still with the same machine.

I want to learn another machine, one that I can use on turf and sites with undisturbed soil. My machine works better on demos and playgrounds.

HH

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Ant said:
If you found all that clad in under 2.5 hours, I'd say you had the DFX smoking. No jewelry or other finds, the DFX is great on jewelry too. Or did you discriminate that out to consintrate on coins.

My machine screams on nickles (the GB-2). I contraplated on purchasing the DFX. But when I air tested it on small gold bracelets and rings that I had found with the GB-2, it wouldn't detect them. I know the DFX is a great machine, but my quest is for gold and most of the gold out there is small. So I'm still with the same machine.

I want to learn another machine, one that I can use on turf and sites with undisturbed soil. My machine works better on demos and playgrounds.

HH

Don't remember mentioning anything about 2.5 hours on this hunt! ??? I was out 3 hr 10 m. Funny you mentioned time though, I always keep my time and use a log. I normally average 20-25 coins an hour as long as I am not in a hunted out park. I am not afraid to hunt at anytime even though it can be bothersome with kids. If I am doing well i might still be seem during the afternoon even when park is crowded! Oh there was a small pile of junk it was at top of picture, got cut out, it included a door latch and some kind of boring nail, maybe to remove screws without heads.

Also you mention gb-2, are you referring to ground balance? If you are one of the tremendous features on the machine you passed on (the dfx) is its ability after ground balancing when you turn it on, is its ability to maintain and rebalance its self.

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say 110, because you found them while detecting, whether using your detector or your eyeballs...you detected them. ;D

GOT GAS MONEY???

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Nick Papageorgio said:
DFX...Great day you had...fantastic,

It simply continues to amaze me on how much clad is out there...
It just goes to show you...coins are simply not worth what they used to be. Sure they have a face value but what I am saying is...What does a quarter buy today compared to 20-40 years ago...

Very Nice Gregg,

Keep it up,

Nick

Thanks Nick and once again you are 100% right! It does not surprise me that there are so many coins. I see kids walk right by pennies. When I was a kid you could still use that penny for a gumball! Oh well kids get $20 video games by the week now, so I guess they don't need to pick up the clad on the ground anymore!

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
I said (if), you found all that in 2.5 hours. Now that you said those coins where found on a baseball field in 3.1 hours, that would qualify as a great day in my book. Especially hunting a baseball field.

GB-2 is the acronym for the machine I use, the Gold Bug 2 by Fisher. In a little over 3 year it has sniffed over 70 Gold finds, not counting electroplated, roll gold, gold fill, etc. All on dry land, it's hard work, but it can be done

cintisteve

Oct 29, 2006
West Chester Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's V3I,White's xlt,Fisher F4,Tesoro Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great Day. Had a few good clad days myself. Wouldnt matter whether or not you dug them all;you would have if you needed too.
Steve

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Ant said:
I said (if), you found all that in 2.5 hours. Now that you said those coins where found on a baseball field in 3.1 hours, that would qualify as a great day in my book. Especially hunting a baseball field.

GB-2 is the acronym for the machine I use, the Gold Bug 2 by Fisher. In a little over 3 year it has sniffed over 70 Gold finds, not counting electroplated, roll gold, gold fill, etc. All on dry land, it's hard work, but it can be done

Ant I am not familar with that detector but I know there is someone using a fisher finding over 100 coins almost every day out. But all that gold in three years! Hey that is incredible! Great work...I usually average 20-25 coins per hour, not sure why you are looking for another machine if you are finding all that gold!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread