NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
20170303_113209.jpg 20170303_113224.jpg 20170303_113320.jpg 20170303_113335.jpg 20170303_113354.jpg 20170303_113420.jpg 20170303_113433.jpg

The enclycopedias are great because they are way old and before all the PC stuff came about. So there is alot of info in there that wouldnt be shared around today.
The filing cabinent is full of old re printed news clippings from articles of prospecting. Gold. Shipwrecks and bushrangers

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1421756 View attachment 1421757 View attachment 1421758 View attachment 1421759 View attachment 1421760 View attachment 1421761 View attachment 1421762

The enclycopedias are great because they are way old and before all the PC stuff came about. So there is alot of info in there that wouldnt be shared around today.
The filing cabinent is full of old re printed news clippings from articles of prospecting. Gold. Shipwrecks and bushrangers

It seems your little black book, is actually a giant black filing cabinet !!! Great work marticus. Nice library. Thanks for the pic.

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It seems your little black book, is actually a giant black filing cabinet !!! Great work marticus. Nice library. Thanks for the pic.
Lol nah still got a little black book. Its got everything condensed down.
Think i got 3 books acually lol

whyired

Greenie
May 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, I'm looking to pick up the essential KVM's and any other titles. If anyone could tell me the particular editions/versions to look for it would be much appreciated. If you have starting point suggestions (book #7 or #6 first?) and perhaps a reading path, in general, it would be much appreciated. Lastly, if anyone has some beat up copies that are still good for reading they wouldn't mind selling at a fair price please let me know.

On a side note, I was wondering about something. Does anyone know why some of these books haven't gone digital? It boggles my mind that in all this time someone hasn't been able to secure rights to publish them digitally. I've also wondered why no one has simply just scanned and shared images/pdfs of some of the books, especially the more rare ones. I get that it would be a violation of copyright, however, at this point, the publishers are not the ones making money from the books. All profits are between booksellers and enthusiasts. I understand book collectors who are looking to push rarity values trying to prevent digital copies from being made. But from a preservation standpoint and for the treasure hunting community as a whole it's surprising that so little is available digitally.

Much love & gratitude!

astralea1692

Feb 28, 2015
southwestern Indiana, USA
Detector(s) used
Nope-not yet
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Starting to feel the bond tying us biblomaniacs, lol...I ll have to post a few...just wish my old parlour room was already turned into a library! Just saying I'm feeling more comfortable & confident amongst the book lovers & researchers! Thanks , y'all just helped on additions to my collections!

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004
Hey all, I'm looking to pick up the essential KVM's and any other titles. If anyone could tell me the particular editions/versions to look for it would be much appreciated. If you have starting point suggestions (book #7 or #6 first?) and perhaps a reading path, in general, it would be much appreciated. Lastly, if anyone has some beat up copies that are still good for reading they wouldn't mind selling at a fair price please let me know.

On a side note, I was wondering about something. Does anyone know why some of these books haven't gone digital? It boggles my mind that in all this time someone hasn't been able to secure rights to publish them digitally. I've also wondered why no one has simply just scanned and shared images/pdfs of some of the books, especially the more rare ones. I get that it would be a violation of copyright, however, at this point, the publishers are not the ones making money from the books. All profits are between booksellers and enthusiasts. I understand book collectors who are looking to push rarity values trying to prevent digital copies from being made. But from a preservation standpoint and for the treasure hunting community as a whole it's surprising that so little is available digitally.

Much love & gratitude!

Copyright law is still law, a lot of collector's rely on that.

Keep in mind too, digital copies drive down the value of hard copies so collector's don't have much incentive to copy and share when it impacts things they've worked on obtaining.

It's a lot like treasure hunting, when you log in the hours and the manpower tracking down a lead and networking you get frustrated when someone comes along and wants it handed to them.

Karl's books would be fantastic digital and would probably sell well, RAM holds the copyright to 6, 7 and I believe Sudden Wealth as well. If they ever plan to do anything with that or not is anyone's guess.

I think 6 and 7 are both good investments, not sure I'd put one ahead of the other. RAM versions are not as good but are much more affordable. Keep your eyes open, there are folks that still think 80 bucks for a RAM reprint is a good price...it isn't. You can find these on Ebay for 20 bucks if you're patient.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very well put randy, karls books are very practical and easily put into practice. I prefer #6 but at a certain point it becomes a personal preference. I found mine online and was able to get a good price through amazon, I dont remeber what I paid but it was reasonable. Some of the prices are crazy. Whyired if you read through this thread youll see what I mean, it can get down right stupid for some of these books. Prices can range into the thousands for some of these titles and authors. Ill keep my eye out and if I find a good deal ill pm you with the info.

whyired

Greenie
May 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Copyright law is still law, a lot of collector's rely on that.

Keep in mind too, digital copies drive down the value of hard copies so collector's don't have much incentive to copy and share when it impacts things they've worked on obtaining.

It's a lot like treasure hunting, when you log in the hours and the manpower tracking down a lead and networking you get frustrated when someone comes along and wants it handed to them.

Karl's books would be fantastic digital and would probably sell well, RAM holds the copyright to 6, 7 and I believe Sudden Wealth as well. If they ever plan to do anything with that or not is anyone's guess.

I think 6 and 7 are both good investments, not sure I'd put one ahead of the other. RAM versions are not as good but are much more affordable. Keep your eyes open, there are folks that still think 80 bucks for a RAM reprint is a good price...it isn't. You can find these on Ebay for 20 bucks if you're patient.

Understandable. I've slowly grown accustomed to reading digitally due to some of the convenience and benefits the format brings. It also seems some material is just very scarce. I do check eBay daily and got pretty good deals on KvMs #6 and #7. Volume 7 is one of the ram editions, however I lucked out and got a 6th edition of volume 6 which should be here any day now. I'm looking for sudden wealth but not sure what a fair price would be for it. Also does it add much if I already have Thm 6 and 7.

Much love and gratitude.

mdj

May 15, 2011
midwest
Detector(s) used
ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few of mine

A few pics

Attachments

• IMG_20180804_193625_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20180804_193625_hdr.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20180804_193838_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20180804_193838_hdr.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20180804_194124_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20180804_194124_hdr.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 99

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll give you new price for that used copy of Treasure of the valley of secrets.

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None of them are worth a bucket of cold spit. Do you know anyone that has ever found anything but rattlesnakes from a so called treasure book? Back in the 60s and 70s, I had every one ever written on the LDM. One day, I dropped them all in the garbage and went freestyle. Even Karl Von M. books are useless. Nothing but a bunch of mind numbing filler to make 200 pages. He made almost 300 pages, so that tells you how much crap is in his books! Sorry, just my not so humble opinion. So shoot me. I do make exception with Kenworthy. Kenworthy brought out some really good information that helped us to answer a few questions, which allowed us to take it all that much further. I know many think Kenworthy is not worthy, well, just goes to show how much they really know. Kenworthy is not the end all of Spanish Treasure knowledge. His information is to be built upon by many hours of research. That comes with much, much time out in the field, really, really far from your car. Like helicopter far from the car. Like losing toenails far from the car.

Last edited:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't read all the posts but did anyone mention any diving books by Robert Marx? Or the two guys that did the book "Diamonds in the Surf".... about detecting the Chesapeake? ╦╦Ç

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't read all the posts but did anyone mention any diving books by Robert Marx? Or the two guys that did the book "Diamonds in the Surf".... about detecting the Chesapeake? ╦╦Ç

You can bet that marx has been mentioned more than once on this thread terry.......but the diamonds in the surf ?? That one is a mystery to me. Ill definitely look it up !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill update with a couple new reads after work today.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can bet that marx has been mentioned more than once on this thread terry.......but the diamonds in the surf ?? That one is a mystery to me. Ill definitely look it up !!
It's coming back...... SPYGLASS productions. ╦╦Ç

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions