OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah...dumping is the most subtle part of this game. I had an awesome bank with a counting machine that I was dropping $1000 twice a week in to. Then the machine started jamming and they started fishing out bobby pins (it wasn't me of course) but I was the one holding a huge bag of coins next to the broken machine. So, then I noticed a grumpy manager type complaining about how the machines were only designed for small jars of coins. I played it cool but got a letter a couple days later saying my account was upgraded to a business account with a $12 monthly fee and 5% counting fee. I closed the account accepting defeat. I dropped my volume and have been building a larger dump bank network ever since. I still get a frown every now and then, but I am much more under the radar now. Glad your dumping is going well.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah Im lucky I have great dump banks but I should be more careful I don't ruin a good thing I have with them. So I'll probably start using that 3rd dump bank again so I can spread things out a little more at least.

Btw, good luck with your dime goal and your new p/u bank.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$250 box of dimes: 2-Rosie's

The dime boxes continue to produce.

image-3360671205.jpg

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garda half box #51: skunk

My second box didn't get ordered due to some bad weather. I hope my third box comes through.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2-$250 dime boxes: 1-merc, 2-Rosie's
image-2309101898.jpg

It's always nice to find some silver. That's my second mercury dime! I still have a box of halves to go through after the Olympic opening ceremony.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brinks half box #27: 1-40%

Good enough. Thanks Silverface.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$1000-mwr dimes (4 boxes): 2-Rosie's

image-1444759376.jpg

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brinks half box #28: 1-64 and 2-40%

When I opened the first roll....bam...got a 66. Then the second roll...bam...beautiful silver rim...but it was a 1980 plated. Roll after roll had multiple silver plated and gold plated clads. I did finally hit a 64 and then in the last roll a 67. So, it turned out decent in the end. I threw all the plated ones back...they're going to disappoint the next crhunter.
image-2792862801.jpg
image-3254704095.jpg

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Well it started good on the very first roll and ended good on the very last roll with the best keeper and a lot of plated in between. I guess finding those silver plated halves is kind of a little disappointing like finding clad Canadian dimes which have very silver looking edges too. But Id sure say that was a good box. I'm not having any luck so far with my 2 half boxes I got today. First box was a skunk and my best find from the first 10 rolls of second box is an '82S. Maybe I can still find something in the rest of this second box, if not I'll just hope for better luck next week lol.

Well I hope u can keep your silver streak going. :)

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks silverface...I'm sure your boxes will turn around.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks, I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining. Its just two boxes. I was just a little disappointed I didn't get another Dunbar box from the bank I got that good Dunbar box from last week. I got a String box from that bank today. I guess this bank uses two different carriers. That's the way I remember it being last year with this bank too - sometimes I'd get Dunbar boxes and sometimes String boxes. I think they order twice a week and I guess each scheduled delivery day is from a different carrier. Just curious do u have banks like that?

Or maybe could both these different boxes be delivered by Dunbar? :dontknow:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a bank that has a Loomis armored vehicle deliver the Brinks boxes, but so far they haven't started mixing the two types of boxes. When you say Strings, are you referring to the square box labeled with a brown $500 mark? I use Dunbar which delivers a flat rectangle with a light yellow $500 mark and Brinks with a square box. Both of my boxes have white wrappers with black accents. Loomis wrappers are yellow and white in my area and say Loomis on them. I dump into Loomis so I don't know what they would deliver.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I suppose both types of boxes could be supplied by Dunbar. I get the flat rectangular boxes with the yellow writing on the box which have yellow String and Sons wrappers inside and also the square boxes that are sealed with Dunbar tape on the outside and have Dunbar wrappers on the inside. I remember several years ago I used to get $500 Brinks bags from this bank. But now all the banks seem to have switched suppliers so much I just cant keep track anymore.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garda half box #52: skunk
2-$250 dime boxes: skunk

Well, I got skunked on my Friday boxes. Silver had been trickling in so nicely that it's a bit of a let down, but there's always next week.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I suppose both types of boxes could be supplied by Dunbar. I get the flat rectangular boxes with the yellow writing on the box which have yellow String and Sons wrappers inside and also the square boxes that are sealed with Dunbar tape on the outside and have Dunbar wrappers on the inside. I remember several years ago I used to get $500 Brinks bags from this bank. But now all the banks seem to have switched suppliers so much I just cant keep track anymore.

I'm starting to question whether I know exactly who is providing my half dollars. What I thought was Garda in the flat yellow box has String and Sons wrappers but so does my Brinks source that comes in a square brown box. The difference in silver content over the past year is very stark. So, I feel confident they are from different suppliers. I guess if I start marking my coins I could find out if my Garda source is getting my dumped coins (I probably won't).

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did some bank hopping on my way to pick up a dime box and dump some halves.

$32 loose halves: 4-40% (one is pretty trashed but it's silver)
$250 box of dimes: 1-Rosie
image-2655398042.jpg

A nice silver day!

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Some good finds. I haven't been having much luck with customer halves lately but my boxes have been pretty good this year so Im not complaining. And I'm looking forward to my boxes this Thursday. I'm sure hoping for some more good boxes to finish of the month.

Well u should have a full roll of silver dimes soon. Good luck to both of us the rest of the month!

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brinks half box #29: 2-64's, 78s
$250 box of dimes: 1-Rosie
image.jpg
Slow and steady trickle of silver.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Some more good boxes, and a very nice ratio of 90% to 40% with your half box too lol. Seems like your Brinks half boxes and most of your dime boxes are producing a good slow and steady trickle of silver like u said.

I got a couple of decent boxes myself today that I'm just finishing up. A little more for the pile for both of us. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread