What's new

GSBS

mumszie

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
2,819
Reaction score
123
Golden Thread
0
Location
Spring Hill, Florida
Just to let you gng's know that used to go to the GSBS (Great Southern Beach Shootout). Ray Leist was one of the main promoters running that event and has been ill for a few years. He was also the president and founder of the Central Florida Metal Detecting Club. He passed away early this morning and will be missed.

ray.jpg
 
Upvote 0
I attended the event the last 4 years and always enjoyed it, Ray and everyone else did an excellent job with the event. I did not know Ray other then through the event, but he was a great person......
 
I too remember Ray from the Daytona shootout, always enjoyed our conversations. Prayers and blessings to the family.
 
Many a Great Pirates have silently passed into the Winds, May he rest in peace
 
He was a great Man.May he rest in peace.
3423216176_a2c57540d7_b.jpg
 
May he rest in peace. May his kindness will point the way for us- towards the gold from heaven.
 
The Bulgarian said:
He was a great Man.May he rest in peace.
3423216176_a2c57540d7_b.jpg


Ray enjoyed the kids a lot, you could tell by watching him on the kid's hunt....."No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child." Abraham Lincoln

Ray was a very tall man. :icon_thumright:
 
I have been to all the shootout sence 2006 and seen and talk to Ray alot . May he rest in peace and God bless his faimly. Ron and Kimmie Lord, Naples Fl.
 
Never had the pleasure, but he looks like he was a really nice man.... RIP.
 
I got to meet Ray at a few of the FMDAC conventions and he was a great guy and especially a hard worker when it came to putting these great events together....he will be missed....Rest in Peace Ray....
 
I remember him from when I was at the GSBS in 2008.

Sad to hear of his passing.
 
r.i.p ray!!!!!!!!! i never got to go to that hunt or to meet ray. wouldnt it be nice if someone or a group of someones to get the hunt organized again as a way to honor ray!!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom