Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I had a most fantastic weekend. My local beach here in California builds a tall berm on one side of the beach in order to protect the homes there from winter flooding. It's usually a fantastic opportunity to detect. Between three to five feet of sand is removed from various places on the beach. This year it happened to be a thirty foot wide strip which bounds the normal blanket line.

The beach is closed while the big machinery moves the sand. I've been down there at their quitting time of 5:00 PM...but sundown comes too close and I usually only got a few quarter hours to hunt. Luckily they were done by Saturday morning.

My first forty five minutes there I had the three rings in my finds pouch. They're two silver and one bronze. I moved my car away from the one hour parking and continued hunting and pulled out another silver ring. It was a great feeling driving home with the four rings in my possession...I'm usually lucky and happy with one!

Next morning I drank my morning coffee and grabbed a banana for breakfast and headed back to the beach. I parked in a no limit zone and began detecting. Coins were coming out much faster than the day before but the first ring took over an hour to find. It was the unusual blue ring which turns out to be a stainless steel.

Over the next two hours I pulled out five more rings for a record total of SIX! Four are silver and two are stainless. Depths were generally from six to nine inches. and all were easy to recognize signals. Interestingly enough, there were two other detectorists there. One fellow leapfrogged me to get in front of my path. Not very cool. I sat down and took a break until he decided to leave. I actually picked up the last two rings in the area he searched...poor competition.

Just before leaving I picked up the interesting small bracelet which is stamped 925...but is a phony and only silver plated. I've included close up photos of the bracelet and my favorite rings.

It was as great weekend...no gold..but with ten rings, seven of which are silver, I am not complaining. Yes..these were all found with the Super Dual Field . Gotta tell you I have a lot of respect for that machine....[and a little hint for my next posting from today...it's yellow and weighs in at 3.50 grams].

wknd1.jpg
wknd2.jpg
wknd3.jpg
wknd4.jpg
wknd5.jpg
wknd6.jpg
wknd7.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent Hunt Joe!!!!
Got to be some gold coming out of S.B. good luck..... your on a roll so keep on rolling!!!

SnT:hello:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I congratulate on this finds!!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quite the haul - WTG:thumbsup:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Very Nice spin, Congrads on all the treasure.

Interestingly enough, there were two other detectorists there. One fellow leapfrogged me to get in front of my path. Not very cool.
I've seen that before, and hate it also.

xtrmdigger

Oct 28, 2012
Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Garrett AT PRO
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett GTI 2500
TESORO SAND SHARK
FISHER PULSE 8X
Ten rings! Great job! I've only found one gold one as of yet ... till the next time good luck

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're tearing it up Dr. Joe!!! Congratulations
on the 10 ring day. Gold Nuggets :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread