Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hawaiianboi said:
i was wondering if anyone has ever tried? it could save lots of time not having to re roll the skunks, or is that taking the fun out of it.

The detectors that use the VDI system might can tell the difference from a clad coin and a silver but if they are mixed roll there is no way... they would have to be a full roll of silver... so its not practical IMO

chukers

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'd have to pass the coins by the coil one at a time. Might as well just look at the date. Would be quicker.

However, you can use a detector to distinguish between copper 1982 cents and zinc 1982's.

OP
OP
H

hawaiianboi

Tenderfoot
Apr 15, 2011
Ic... Thanks for the quick replies. Oh well didn't know much about detectors and was just trying to convince the wife to let me get one;) she wasn't sure about me going to the bank to get coins but after I found a few and she saw I could get silver for face value she was u deters ding of my new hobby. Like I tell Her I could be at the bar spending money or I could be at home finding silver...

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
hawaiianboi said:
Ic... Thanks for the quick replies. Oh well didn't know much about detectors and was just trying to convince the wife to let me get one;) she wasn't sure about me going to the bank to get coins but after I found a few and she saw I could get silver for face value she was u deters ding of my new hobby. Like I tell Her I could be at the bar spending money or I could be at home finding silver...
Hope she lets you get a detector. The quality of finds beat the p--s outa crh'ing.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
If you just continue with the hobby for a while soon you'll have enough silver stashed away to buy a metal detector with your finds :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread