Great potential box! Part 1

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Picked up my weekly 2 boxes from a bank I've been ordering from for the last year. I'd been getting skunked for the last month, and was considering dialing back my pickups from this bank, but had decided to power through the skunks. I opened the first box on my way home, and saw a 1967 ender!

DSC04624.JPG

Man, was I psyched! Then I took a closer look, and saw...

DSC04621.JPG

For those of you who may have missed it...

DSC04623.JPG

hello2.gif

My first Barber, and an ender to boot! Once I got home, I had to go out to dinner, and still haven't opened any rolls for the box. Any predictions on what I'll find?

My personal guess is that the Barber is the only 90%, and maybe 2 or 3 40%'s. Hope I'm wrong!

Will update later.

FT

Upvote 0

generic username

Jul 7, 2008
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
ctx3030, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
looks like the same rolls i had.. i dont know my supplier nor did the bank. i had a ben on the end of the roll and a 40 on the end as well

either 2 90's and 1 40... or 2 40's and 1 90.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coinst.png

Congrats on what is surely an epic box. The Barber ender is epic all on its own.

Based on toning I detect possible other enders, though it is difficult to tell in the pic. The top left is highly suspect.

See folks, this is why you plow through the skunks. HH!

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As other people stated the top left corner looks to be silver. Did you check the other sides? If not and you have a couple more enders i would say your gonna get a nice box. Good luck. Hope every roll is loaded with barbers!

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I see multiple 40% enders. It appears as if you have just come across a potentially epic box of halves.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill say 27 40%ers and 6 90%ers. Nice barber ender!

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome ender! Hope a bunch of the halves that you can't see, turn out great too!

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like an awesome box to me. I tend to see people with nice enders find only them but I hope that isn't the case here.

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So jealous but happy for you. Is this a marked Loomis box?

OP
OP
FormerTeller

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Was an unmarked Loomis box. Alas, it was not a monster box, only 90%'s were the Barber, which turned out to be a beat up as hell 1908-O, and a 1964 that was indeed the one in the corner. Including the '67 ender, there were 6 40%'s. All in all, still a great box by my standards!

HH!

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not bad. 3 enders, I remember a box with three the entire box produced 4 coins. I have this theory that when a large collection is dumped, on either side of the "core" of the freshly wrapped dump are rolls with one ender or one coin in the roll. So, in front and behind of the monster boxes could be boxes with a crap load of enders but few coins in total. Who knows though, but statistically, 3 or 4 silvers on the ends of the rolls and few other coins in the box is an anomaly for sure.

Congrats FT on the great box!

Last edited:

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not bad. 3 enders, I remember a box with three the entire box produced 4 coins. I have this theory that when a large collection is dumped, on either side of the "core" of the freshly wrapped dump are rolls with one ender or one coin in the roll. So, in front and behind of the monster boxes could be boxes with a crap load of enders but few coins in total. Who knows though, but statistically, 3 or 4 silvers on the ends of the rolls and few other coins in the box is an anomaly for sure.

Congrats FT on the great box!

My only dream box had like 13 enders. Exactly 100 keepers. They were very well-disbursed throughout the box. I got several great boxes in a short period of time there, I'm thinking a large amount of 40%ers were cashed in then disbursed over $5k worth of boxes or so.

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How about some pics of the results?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread