Interesting week, and long update...

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Interesting week, and long update... (pics added)

I opened an account with a bank that accepts bags, so I've been ramping up my volume lately. It's taking a while to adapt to the new dumping system, as any bags deposited don't get credited immediately, but I'm confident I can make this work to my advantage.

Got a silver dime in change Sunday from the pizza place. Oddly enough, it was from one of the (very) few people I had spoken to about CRH'ing. The manager at this place had "caught" me at the bank last year picking up a couple boxes of halves. He asked what I was doing, and we talked about it at length. I gave him enough information to get started, but he decided it wasn't worth his effort. Now I'm wondering if the dime was on purpose or if it was just a fluke. I always tipped well when eating there, so you never know. Still, it was pretty cool!

I passed out 6 boxes of Christmas cookies to tellers this week, and will probably buy a few more. I seriously underestimated how much tellers appreciate them!

Picked up a box of halves yesterday at a bank I seldom go to, but have ordered before. While the teller went to get the box from the vault, I scanned her coin tray, spying what looked like a silver quarter on the end. I couldn't believe it was silver, figured it surely had to be Canadian, but asked for it anyway. She gladly gave it to me, a nice 1963! Only my second silver quarter ever found CRH'ing!

Boxes this week so far have yielded 1 40% per box; not great, but better than nothing. Still, it's all about volume, right? Though the last box I did tonight had no silver, it did have a virtually untouched 2008 S Bald Eagle commemorative - mirrored background, frosted finish, the works! Never even seen one before, so I'm pretty pumped up about it.

Lastly, I got my 100th silver dime of the year tonight. Made my goal for the year in dimes, 40% halves, and 90% halves. Don't think I'm going to hit my goal in war nickels, but that's pretty much cause I'm hitting everything else hard!

Hope everyone's last week of the year is successful, Merry Christmas if you celebrate it, Happy Holidays if you don't!

FT

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet.. I handed out 9 boxes of cookies this week.. Thank god I have an amazing woman in my life who will bake for my banks during the holidays.. I am pretty sure if I gave out cookies that I made, they would have to close all the branches for a week to clean up the vomit.. :laughing9:

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey FT, thanks for the update, you'll like the bag system once you figure out the waiting period, I get my money back in my account in 2 days, so far they haven't let me down yet. 100th Dime huh, very cool! And yes, treats go a long way, I bring in treats to all of my banks every so often, some of my dump banks got home made rum balls this past week, very easy to make and they loved them. Good luck in the new year. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
FormerTeller

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Can I see a pic of the commemorative?

*SIGH* Was hoping to avoid it, as it's such a pain to get good shots of mirrored proofs. Here they are, though the pictures don't do the coins justice...

DSC04661.JPG DSC04662.JPG DSC04663.JPG DSC04667.JPG DSC04668.JPG DSC04671.JPG DSC04672.JPG DSC04674.JPG

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Those are very cool FT! Definetly a neat find. Maverick.

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Now that is awesome!! thanks for posting the pics. posting photos is a real pain if you are not good at taking pics (i think yours came out pretty good). i know I can waste an hour trying to getsomething worth posting (and six months finding something worth posting). haha.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread