Real close to Solid Roll times 3

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
On Thursday at my best regular pickup bank where they just try to stock enough boxes of halves, dimes, and nickels, to keep me happy, I was talking to the Vault Teller and she said one of the banks in the next town told a customer that my bank had halves. He called and asked if they had any and when she said yes he said he was coming down for all of them. When I got there she had one out of the vault she was gona give him but she said she would tell him she only had one, she had 3, if he came and she gave me the one she had out already. I've never had to order any because they always just had whatever I needed and no one else ever got any in over 2 years now. When I got home and openned it I found 3 40%'s which was good because I have had about a five week skunk streak at this bank with a lot of what I think are repacks. Yesterday I was going to another bank to get a ordered box when I called ahead and the Teller said they didn't get it in, she didn't know why. I called back to my regular bank and she said that she still had 2 and that the guy who called didn't ever come so I went and picked up another one. I was glad the other one didn't come in when I saw an ender and even more so by the time I was done with it. 19 40%'s in all which was my third best box ever. The new guy would have never stopped grabbing my boxes if he had gotten that one. I'm gona go get the last one first thing on Monday.

Dumping some of that and a dime box today, Saturday, I stopped at a bank in a town south of us where I usually go for a small weekend grab of CWR dimes and nickels. Never got more than a few with a lot of shorted rolls from creeps trying to be 40-60 cent bankrobbers and then me making up the difference.Today paid for all of that. When I picked up 200 in CWR dimes and 76 in nickels I told the Teller that they looked like they were from everywhere which was good. The first roll I openned was dark green and when I dumped it into my dime tube to be able to tell if it was a full roll or not I could tell right away, almost all silver, 2 clad. I grabbed another same wrapper and dumped it 46 silver, 4 clad. Tried another green but it was different kind but still found 1 silver in it. Found the last of the dark green wrappers and got 49 and 1 clad. I found 1 other silver in another roll for a grand total of 145 silver, all Roosevelt.

IMAG0002.JPG IMAG0004.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score. I have gotten the same type wrappers and they always give up a silver dime or two, never that many.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!!

I am liking dimes a little more lately...

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So thats where all the dimes went!!

I havent found much at all since the start of the year... Awesome finds

OP
OP
M

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
I was still ahead on the shorted rolls before with just finding one or two silvers most times I went there, I don't mind paying a little more than face if I have to for silver. I take out any funny money, even Canadian sailboats, so that my rolls are correct when I dump them. I always tell them how much I have and some of my Tellers don't even count them which amazes me. I got an extra hundred last week and was five steps away before I realized I only had 450 and he had given me 550. I had to interrupt him with his next customer to give it back but he was happy and I'm sure next week he'll be glad to help me with my coins.

I went through my new Rosies and didn't find the last three I need to finish my set, 1950S, 55D and 55S, but I did exchange seven dimes which were in better condition than I already had.

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice! I aways ask for CWR's in the hopes of getting something like this, congrats!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice job, i've never scored a solid roll... banks around here don't seem to ever have CWR on hand, most of their policies are to send out their cwr for counting and only deal with mwr rolls from boxes...

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I found some of these a while ago and they were full of 1964s. Too bad they were blue and were nickels.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions