Lurkers,Rubberneckers,Sideline Reporters

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to all of you. Now, let's hear about your exploits. I don't think any of us have caused ourselves any undue embarrassment by posting. This sport is growing daily. None of us can resist the temptation of silver.

Remember, the more people we tell about this fun, the more competition for all of us. There are over 16 Billion silver coins out there to find. We should be at this for years to come. Cheers, Jim

Upvote 0
I disagree. I believe that there are far far fewer silver coins than 16 billion. A LOT of silver has already been hoarded or melted. Nevertheless, I would still encourage new coin roll hunters. Like metal detecting, the hunt is what is fun, and any profit is just icing on the cake. ;) Whenever possible, I try to discourage the impression that coin roll hunters are greedy. To wit, I was at the bank recently doing a mostly non-CRHing transaction, during which I exchanged 18 halves for cash. My transaction was complicated, involving several accounts and CD's, and in the confusion, the teller gave me a dollar too much. I didn't realize I had an extra dollar until I got back to my car. hmm...it's only a dollar...she made the mistake, not me...sweet, free money. I tried to justify taking that dollar, but I just couldn't do it. I went back inside and gave it back. Turns out the teller realized her mistake right after I walked out the door. Later that day, I saw that same teller at the store, we talked, and ever since then, she's been very helpful setting aside coins for me. The moral of this story is pretty obvious, and I don't want to come off as self-righteous---I'm quite prone to seeking revenge on rude tellers by dumping halves on them---but I wanted to relate this story to encourage everyone not to get too greedy. As CRHers, we'll only be hurting ourselves if we create the impression that we're a greedy bunch. And fwiw, I'm not here to judge, and if you want to be a greedy, scrooge-like coin hunter, go for it! I do sympathize with that point of view, as well.

I have read several magazine articles that mention CRHing (in coin and treasure magazines), so consider that word is spreading! HH!

i think what coolpix is saying is. If you take a look or maybe you've already noticed there is usually just as many guests as there are members looking at these post. If I'm correct i think he is saying come out of the closet and let us know how your doing. i have been wrong before so ill leave it alone now lol h.h.

oops. I guess I totally misread the post. lol.

To all you anonymous lurkers, rubberneckers, and sideline reporters out there: Fiatboy says hi!

Yes, jump right on in here & welcome aboard.

Jim....that puppy is so cute. The expression is that he just did something wrong...lol....I don't know what he did but I want him.....ha!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back