New Dowsing Request Please....

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, I have some new google earth photos of a site you all had dowswed for me previously:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/dowsing/315145-can-someone-have-go-these-photos.html
And the results of the hunt:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/351545-old-colonial-road-inn-25-26-apr-2013-pennsylvania-part-1-a.html

I'm planning on heading back there this month and wanted to see you you guys could take a fresh look and I've expanded the area a bit as I plan to expand my search a bit and would also like to get down into the creek that runs through the area. (marked on map in orig post.)

Hoping all the experts can take a look at these again and see what they can come up with. I'm especially interested in the area you aarthjr3811, said there may be gold coins. I looked for the marked tree last time but didn't have any luck. There are many downed trees in the area so it may have been there but had no luck in finding it. I didnt get to the other side of the creek where you got the hit on gold coins yet but I plan on it this time!

I'm also interested in the area around the "rock carving". Still trying to determine if it is a survey marker, a colonial quarry mark, native american or whaterever.....See what you can find in that area as I'm going to spend more time in that section as well searching around.

Thanks in advance for your help! If and when I go and search, I'll come back and post updates here!

Colonial Road.jpg Gold Coins.jpg Rock Carvings.jpg Colonial Road 3D.jpg Colonial Road 3D2.jpg Colonial Road 3D3.jpg

If you need more photos or zooms, let me know!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
OK Doc Beav....I have hunted thick forests many times..With your list of equipment I don’t think you can locate the gold coins unless you are lucky...The odds of swinging them over the coins is very big....I prefer to cut down the odds using my Dowsing Rods or some kind of long range equipment....Dodging trees and brush is not very much fun...Just my opinion...Art... http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/dowsing/10838-want-try-dowsing.html

OP
OP
DocBeav

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK Doc Beav....I have hunted thick forests many times..With your list of equipment I don’t think you can locate the gold coins unless you are lucky...The odds of swinging them over the coins is very big....I prefer to cut down the odds using my Dowsing Rods or some kind of long range equipment....Dodging trees and brush is not very much fun...Just my opinion...Art... http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/dowsing/10838-want-try-dowsing.html

Agreed, If they are deep, or if the underbrush is too thick, then yeah, would be a helluva longshot in finding them. Gonna try and zero in on that general area (if you are still getting any hits there, or elsewhere) and just look and see if anything else might be there (old house site, barn, camp, ect...) in the general vicinity.

OP
OP
DocBeav

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone wanna have a go at the pictures?

73dguard

Mar 2, 2013
South Paris, ME
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD
Nokta Gold King
Teknetics AlphA 2000
Garrett Pointer Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Dowsing, distance or in person scams.
Greetings. If you read my previous post, then you know why I am posting this. I challenge anyone who thinks that they have the gift of dowsing for gold, by map/pic or in person to prove it to me. Find the supposedly 83 lbs of gold bars stolen from a Canadian bank in 1862 buried 3ft down along the Grande River approx. 2 miles from Lake Erie. Take me along, prove your ability by producing said gold, I'll split it with you, and pay your traveling expenses, plus I will pay you to teach me how to do it. No gold=no pay. Any takers or just fakers?

OP
OP
DocBeav

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dowsing, distance or in person scams.
Greetings. If you read my previous post, then you know why I am posting this. I challenge anyone who thinks that they have the gift of dowsing for gold, by map/pic or in person to prove it to me. Find the supposedly 83 lbs of gold bars stolen from a Canadian bank in 1862 buried 3ft down along the Grande River approx. 2 miles from Lake Erie. Take me along, prove your ability by producing said gold, I'll split it with you, and pay your traveling expenses, plus I will pay you to teach me how to do it. No gold=no pay. Any takers or just fakers?

Start your own thread.......

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the red circles for metal detecting first. The rock carving doesn't seem to have any cache associated with or close to it, else is no longer there. The green circles most likely nothing more than Indian flints, but if checking for more carved rocks I'd check these green spots.

Attachments

• Colonial Road 3D2-DocBeav.jpg
    Colonial Road 3D2-DocBeav.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 85
  • Rock Carvings-DocBeav.jpg
    Rock Carvings-DocBeav.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 88
OP
OP
DocBeav

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Red!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread