What's new

small star fossil

bruce

Full Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2004
Messages
224
Reaction score
44
Golden Thread
0
Location
northeast indiana
Detector(s) used
MP-5 Pro
Any comments ,

I'D LIKE TO HEAR ABOUT THIS ONE.

THANKS,
Bruce
 

Attachments

  • cut.webp
    cut.webp
    29.5 KB · Views: 923
Bruce, it is a crinoid columnal................from the stem of a crinoid. Picture it being a single coin in a stack. A "stack" of columnals would make up a stem. I circled the stem on this example which is actually from Indiana.
Chuck
 

Attachments

  • euc.webp
    euc.webp
    26.4 KB · Views: 683
Chuck, That is very knowledgable on this one. But I have others to throw at
you sometime. Was it like somekind water plant?

Thanks,
Bruce
 
Crinoids are echinoderms. A group (phylum actually) of marine organisms that include starfish, sand dollars, brittle stars, and sea cucumbers to name a few.

Chuck
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom