Sound advice for gold and silver bullion stackers

heat45

Sep 1, 2011
Detroit/Windsor
Primary Interest:
Other
If you want a real piece of honest advice from a veteran of collecting, trading, selling and buying in large quantity ; I recommend that you only buy pure silver or gold (99.9% or 99.99% / .999 fine or .9999 fine), because come sell time, you're going to face mass scrutiny and assaying. Banks and even small-time buyers don't want to buy gold without a card or paper that was minted with it, which can attest to it's authenticity. If you're going to spend $53 on a 1 gram pure .9999 gold 24k bar of any mint brand name, you'll fetch a higher selling premium of profit on it than $53 spot worth of 14k gold coins. It's not worth the time to buy 14k gold coins unless they're made by a government and have a face value, like the Royal Canadian Mint $100 face value series of 14k and 22k gold coins, which have .9999 silver as the only additive mixture metal and a serial-numbered assay card book with secure water-mark counterfeit-proof spot print. Good luck and happy stacking. Always avoid paying more than 1% over spot or find someone more desperate, because come crunch time, I always end up paying spot.
Post Script (P.S.): Avoid trades whenever possible; I know you'll usually end up on the losing end of the transaction, so just save up for longer and initially buy what you really want and hold onto it dearly.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread