Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
You mean without viewing them?

I "think" if you click on "Mark Forums Read" that it will not only remove all posts from before that moment from the "New Posts" folder, but also clear your "Notifications" folder.

OP
OP
Bruce R

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You mean without viewing them?

I "think" if you click on "Mark Forums Read" that it will not only remove all posts from before that moment from the "New Posts" folder, but also clear your "Notifications" folder.

Nope, still there, these are notifications of private messages going all the way back to when I first joined.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Nope, still there, these are notifications of private messages going all the way back to when I first joined.

ACK! All THREE of them?!?!? :laughing7:

Hmm...I thought you had been here longer than me. ...Guess I'm wrong...again! :laughing9:

The only "Notifications" I get are the ones that pop up when I have a PM. .....Have you tried deleting any of the messages?

OP
OP
Bruce R

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Always wipe my folders clean, I'm worried about using up all my memory.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
How do I get rid of all the old notifications ?

Always wipe my folders clean, I'm worried about using up all my memory.

Beats me. I get a popup notification one time, then it's gone. Other than that, there are only my listings of PM's, but I have to click on "Notifications" to view them. ....I suppose the notification popups could still happen if you don't check all messages? Dunno - I'm usually pretty punctual with replies.

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
To do this go to the top of the page and next to your username is the word notifications. Click on it then click inbox. You can individually select which notifications you want deleted with the check box to the right of each message or select them all at the top of all of the selection boxes. Once you've got them selected go to the bottom of your messages where it says 'Selected Messages' and click on it. Once there it gives you a choice as to what you wish to do with them, including deleting them. Once you chose what you what to do with them then hit 'Proceed'. Hopes this helps.

Last edited:

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
Now if we are misunderstanding your need and you wish no emails then go to the top where your username is and see 'Settings'. Click it and scroll down and on the left see 'My Account'. Below that is 'General Settings" and clicking on that will show emailing preferences.

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
BruceR I might add that you can do the same for any PMs you have sent. When in your inbox you will need to go to the upper left under 'My Messages' and select 'Sent Items'. This will list all of your sent PMs and check whatever ones you want deleted the same way for your inbox.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BruceR I might add that you can do the same for any PMs you have sent. When in your inbox you will need to go to the upper left under 'My Messages' and select 'Sent Items'. This will list all of your sent PMs and check whatever ones you want deleted the same way for your inbox.

Thank you for helping your post was very informative and on target!
Happy Hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread