N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Welcome to Treasure Net !!
Do you have a specific request?
Perhaps the plat map of a particular town--maybe a map created for insurance purposes that would show the location of each building?
Don.....

OP
OP
jbbj

jbbj

Aug 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
tc2x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much...iv been out of the metal detecting for abt 4 years...and I'm going to get back into it again love being outside and I had carpal tunnel surgery done so I couldn't go back out then I sold my equipment..but I'm borrowing one now maybe I can find some neat stuff so i can buy one fingers crossed....anyway I'm looking for a map of Harford ny...its a small town and i got permission to go on 81 acres of woods that has old stone wall on it not sure how long ago it was built...did some research on the land and found out there was a farm built on the land but to old map I found is from 1876 just gives a name how many acres they had and a lill square where the name is...I did an overlapping map of today and the 81 acres is in the same spot and the farm was 79 acres I believe...I'm trying to find a map that has were the house farm and pasture was so i can start there...not sure if the wall was built at that time or not..not to familiar with stone walls except they used it for pasture and boundaries I think.. any information on stone walls would help too..and if I can find any other years of maps too only one I found was 1876.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Have you tried Google Earth?
Since you know the exact location of the land, Google Earth may show you the outline of where the structure(s) used to be.
In Connecticut where I once lived, the stone walls were created by Native Americans to clear the land for agriculture.
Don.......

OP
OP
jbbj

jbbj

Aug 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
tc2x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea i tried that and only shows me the present time of the place..unless im doing something wrong or there's more options i cant find.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Three additional suggestions:
(1) Ask the neighbors where were structures located on the property?
(2) Inquire at your nearest Historical Society for pictures of your site.
(3) Contact your nearest aerial survey company and ask them if they have any stock (historic) aerials of your site.
Don...........

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go here>>>> ht tp://www.historicaerials.com/ Somebody here showed this web site to me. I like this one because it shows a newer picture, and a slide bar that allows you to see an older picture of the area you want! Awesome site for future areas you want to detect on!

premedit8ed

Greenie
Feb 22, 2013
Google earth has a historical image plug in let's you scroll images back into the past I use it to find old home sites and stuff around my area

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Go here>>>> ht tp://www.historicaerials.com/ Somebody here showed this web site to me. I like this one because it shows a newer picture, and a slide bar that allows you to see an older picture of the area you want! Awesome site for future areas you want to detect on!

Thanks LifeNRA !!! Excellent site easy to see what has changed.

OP
OP
jbbj

jbbj

Aug 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
tc2x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The image only goes back to 1995 on Google earth

OP
OP
jbbj

jbbj

Aug 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
tc2x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NETR Online • Historic Aerials is there anyway to zoom in at all i can barley see anything? i tried library of congress and cant find anything on the town.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread