What's new

Who likes old pocket watches? .. Show us some of yours. too!

creskol

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
13,882
Reaction score
23,351
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Primary Interest:
Other
Just finished a case of pocket watches I have dug over the years. Two of the ladies watches were found during restoration projects on old houses.
 

Attachments

  • D3911669-6057-443A-808A-C7816FACC8B6_1_201_a.webp
    D3911669-6057-443A-808A-C7816FACC8B6_1_201_a.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 292
Upvote 48
Awesome collection! I have my father’s pocket watch.
 
pocket watch 1.webppocket watch 2.webpHere is mine, not much, I threw in a gold wrist watch to fill in the picture. Tough to find whole and in good shape
 
e is mine, not much, I threw in a gold wrist watch to fill in the picture. Tough to find whole and in good shape

Nice .. That top one is a beauty! Love the one with the cover still attached! Thanks for sharing!
 
Those sure signify a few disappointing, I lost my watch day for someone in the past.
 
Creskol, Thanks, .Found it in a trash dump in the woods, so it was discarded not lost. I was amazed how easy the cover pryed out after all that time in the ground! Tamrock, Indeed!
 
The only one i dug complete in all these years is/was a beautiful Remontoir. The previous owner must been a horse fan i guess. :laughing9:

38240994wj.jpg


38240995mk.jpg


38240996yv.jpg


38240997sz.jpg


38240998qh.jpg
 
That is freakin BEAUTIFUL! What a wonderful find! Thank you for sharing that with us!
 
Do they have to be dug ones ?
 
found lots of watches in the ocean but no pocket watches nice collection
 
image-2020-04-07-17:00:14-519.webp I bought it at a garage sale I couldn’t pass it up. History is not always pretty but it is history
 
I've only found one pocket watch dirt digging - back in the 80's, don't think I still have it as it was toast.

I did collect pocket watches for a while, don't know how many I still have - would have to go digging. But, I did find some pictures of at least one of my collection:

1880's if I recall correctly, a key wound watch:

IMG_0931.webp

IMG_0923.webp

If I recall correctly, it's "coin silver"....

IMG_0919.webp

I have others as well, don't remember how many - been nearly 40 years. However, the one pictured is my favorite. Took it out some years ago to take the pictures.

LOVE pocket watches!

Edit: It still works :)
 
Last edited:
That's mighty pretty, and the chain is beautiful! .. Perfect! Thanks!
 
Deepseeker, That would be my EDC !
 
EDC.. They have little blue pills to treat that, don't they?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom