tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are a few more pic's of the hike in the site that is called the "East 4-mile Site. It was a pleasant journey that in the end I was shown a beautiful flower. I'm not quite sure of the name of the plant as it didn't look like what some refer as an Indian Paintbrush to me, but maybe it is? It was a very nice display at the end of the hike. I can now then get back to driving.

Attachments

• E 4 2 mile 1.jpg
    E 4 2 mile 1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 77
  • E 4 2 mile 2.jpg
    E 4 2 mile 2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
  • E 4 2 mile 3.jpg
    E 4 2 mile 3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
  • E 4 2 mile 4.jpg
    E 4 2 mile 4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 77

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...you take very good pictures.:icon_thumleft: The plant kind of looks like Indian paint brush, maybe just starting to grow?

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...you take very good pictures.:icon_thumleft: The plant kind of looks like Indian paint brush, maybe just starting to grow?
Sure it could be just blooming. I was thinking a "paintbrush" was a bit more orange then this red flower.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, the Indian Paintbrush is finally blooming up here also. I have seen it up here in the darker red color, to a orangish hue. There are several places near here that have what are called the "Shield" Picturegraphs. I believe that it is thought that the ancestors of the Shoshone Indians were the ones that painted them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread