What's new

Head Stamps

Gadget

Full Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2005
Messages
243
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac; White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also found these in GA where the shouldn't have been. They look old... Both are U.M.C Co No 12 New Club. Anyone know how old they might be? I know UMC merged with Remington sometime in the 1910s. Are they that old?
 

Attachments

  • GA_Shells.webp
    GA_Shells.webp
    7.9 KB · Views: 750
Upvote 0
MLw67 has a good link to a website head stamp ID ing site- -can't remember where. you could email him.
Nice finds BTW!!
HH
 
Try this site for info on shotgun shells.
members.shaw.ca/cartridge-corner/shotgun.htm
Hope this helps.
findone
 
Hi, Gadget...

The shotgun shell brass that you found was made sometime between 1891 and 1905. "U. M. C. Co." stands for the Union Metallic Cartridge Company, which was founded in 1867. In 1911, it merged with Remington to form REM-UMC, which existed from 1911 to 1934. New Club was one of several U. M.C. Co. brands with "Club" names; others included Primrose Club, Black Club, and Nitro Club.

All the best,
PBK
 
Awesome info as always PBK, thanks! Now that I know there was someone on that ground in 1900, I'd like to go back and change my tactics a little. No chance of that anytime soon, so I'll just chalk that up as a learning experience.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom