40 Rounds
Full Member
I have been driving by this area that is old but where they just completed a new parking lot. There is a small dirt area where they backfilled after completion. I figured it was worth a look as you never know. First pass through was an old mason jar lid. Second pass through was a loud signal that could be a quarter and sure enough the 1956 Washington came out. 4th pass and it was a 22-23 on my Equinox 800. It could have been a lot of things but it turned out to be a 1918 British 3 cent piece or also known as a “thruppence” I believe. Pretty uncommon to find in the Midwest part of the US. Based on the age of the area and previous finds including military buttons my guess a WW1 veteran brought back from the war but who knows. Never thought I would find one of these!
Attachments
Upvote
8








