CRUSADER
Emerald Member
Spent 1.5 hrs in the morning exploring some cropmarks, I had a feeling they were Bronze Age & with no finds & any other signs, I left with just 1 button & the end of a riding crop. At least one off the list 
After lunch I went back to the No.1 field (on my own) to continue where I left off. About 1.5 hrs into the hunt I got a hammered which I didn't reconsize but suspected was Viking. I'm now 99% sure its:
Danish East Anglian
Circa 895-910
St.Edmund Memorial Penny with blundered legend. Needs research, not sure if its a known blunder, but only 94 recorded examples.

Also got a Charles II hammered Penny (circa 1660s), 7 Roman Coins, 2 17th C Tokens, 2 Lead Tokens & a nice Silver 18th C cufflink piece
Never had any Viking coinage until this year when I got a cut Cnut & now in the same year this one
(6 hours total hunt time today)
After lunch I went back to the No.1 field (on my own) to continue where I left off. About 1.5 hrs into the hunt I got a hammered which I didn't reconsize but suspected was Viking. I'm now 99% sure its:
Danish East Anglian
Circa 895-910
St.Edmund Memorial Penny with blundered legend. Needs research, not sure if its a known blunder, but only 94 recorded examples.

Also got a Charles II hammered Penny (circa 1660s), 7 Roman Coins, 2 17th C Tokens, 2 Lead Tokens & a nice Silver 18th C cufflink piece

Never had any Viking coinage until this year when I got a cut Cnut & now in the same year this one

(6 hours total hunt time today)
Attachments
Upvote
0


. You are getting some great finds off your fields recently. I love the St Edmund, shame it's damaged, great find all the same 
This is what keeps us(UK) going out in all weathers, to find a coin just like this 










